rofl

That's what happened to my last LS's ridill
    rng'd?
    irl girl rng

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh...I love my Osode on BRD. The MP, VIT, and CHR are nice, and IMO it's better than any other BRD body except Dalm.

It all really depends on what your LS uses I guess.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It should go to whoever contributes the most to the LS and has a job that can make good use out of it, as a previous poster noted.

Beyond that? The stats on it lean heavily towards Ranger getting the most utility out of it. After that, Ninjas and Monks get a great degree of utility from it. Behind them, Samurai, followed by Beastmasters / Bards.

Alot of us are jaded, but hey, it still is a nice piece of armor to have. Just not the OMG end all-be all piece of equipment.

Or to say it more succinctly:

"LOL BASE STATS"

Masterofshade

got someone that uses nin/whm or war/whm? give it to them.

past that, brd and rng can use it fulltime, where as every other job uses it as a WS Macro piece.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Give it to most dedicated person that can use it on any of their jobs.

Going by job priority just sets you up for getting robbed when everyone on the "priority jobs" has one except for the people that show up once a month.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

1. RNG

2. everyone else, based on participation and shit.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'd have to agree with masterofshade to some extent. There are 3 jobs that can really get away with using Osode full time. Sure there are different bodies that are decent for them. However, you really don't lose anything significant if you are a Bard, a Ranger or even to some extent a Monk, if you wear Osode full time. Sure you may say Bard is better in errant, dalmy, minstrels, Shair, or Yigit. I honestly can't deny that each has their uses. The beauty of bard is that a bard can wear any of the 6 end-game pieces and not be gimp. The same goes with ranger. For Monk, you might say that Shura is better, and it is. However, I wouldn't say that if you are a monk without Shura you are gimp wearing Osode full time. I would say that for a War, Sam, or Bst though.

Theoretically, a Ninja can use it full time as well, but for Ninja, Osode is just a halfway point between all its available end game body armors. Its middle of the road as tanking piece, as a DD piece and as an evasion piece. Its the "easy" answer".

As for the rest, ALL of them can use Hauby thus making it just plain not worth it for any of them. With the single glaring exception of a Warrior who is in an LS that uses War/Whm's to tank HNM.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar
    However, I wouldn't say that if you are a monk without Shura you are gimp wearing Osode full time.

Theoretically, a Ninja can use it full time as well, but for Ninja, Osode is just a halfway point between all its available end game body armors.
    A monk who uses osode for anything but chi blasting is gimp(and technically, a monk who chi blasts at all is gimp anyway).. 20 attack is just too good.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    However, I wouldn't say that if you are a monk without Shura you are gimp wearing Osode full time.

Theoretically, a Ninja can use it full time as well, but for Ninja, Osode is just a halfway point between all its available end game body armors.
    A monk who uses osode for anything but chi blasting is gimp(and technically, a monk who chi blasts at all is gimp anyway).. 20 attack is just too good.
    Everyone seems to forget that NIN can get and wear Shura Togi for the same cost as MNK... If NIN can't get Koga Chainmail or Haubergeon for some reason (I prefer Koga Chainmail due to it being Rare/Ex (so people can't ask to borrow it), and free), then just get one of those commonly tossed abjurations and a cursed togi.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

using osode for melee isnt gimp if you dont have a togi ;/

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

Everyone seems to forget that NIN can get and wear Shura Togi for the same cost as MNK... If NIN can't get Koga Chainmail or Haubergeon for some reason (I prefer Koga Chainmail due to it being Rare/Ex (so people can't ask to borrow it), and free), then just get one of those commonly tossed abjurations and a cursed togi.
    Haubergeon is cheaper than togi and much better.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'd agree with you on that one. Shura is too good. However, Im not gonna call a Monk without Shura a gimp. Would be akin to calling a War without adaberk a gimp. While Shura may be more common than Dalmy/Adaberk/Koenig, it still fairly hard to come by. Alot of hard to come by than Osode. Like I said, if you aren't lucky enough to have Shura, and you wear Osode full time, I'd be hardpressed to label you as a gimp for doing so. Sure you have a ton of other options... oh wait, SH and Pln. are basically it. With Pln's low enhancement rate and SH giving you nothing but acc.

I'd agree with you on that one. Shura is too good. However, Im not gonna call a Monk without Shura a gimp. Would be akin to calling a War without adaberk a gimp.
    Kirin can be popped and d.body abjuration is tossed daily..

98% of wars with e.body abjuration cheated to get it..

Not a very fair comparason really.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    coming from an LS where we build 90% of our skillchains with just samurais.. they miss... they miss alot... and then you hear 5 blackmages go "UGHGHHHHHH"... of course.. getting HQ JSE body is another thing... but still.. if you want /perfect/ - - osode isn't what you're looking for.
    I never miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    For Samurai - the HQ JSE body is way fucking better. you lose 1 STR and get weaponskill accuracy --- coming from an LS where we build 90% of our skillchains with just samurais.. they miss... they miss alot... and then you hear 5 blackmages go "UGHGHHHHHH"... of course.. getting HQ JSE body is another thing... but still.. if you want /perfect/ - - osode isn't what you're looking for.
    Has your Samurais ever heard of THF sub?

And personally, I think it should be RNG(since they wear it full-time)->All other melees(they'd only use it for WS, whoever the fuck melees in an Osode needs to be shot)->BRD->lolBST.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I miss about 2 weapon skills an hour <_>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofshade
    got someone that uses nin/whm or war/whm? give it to them.

past that, brd and rng can use it fulltime, where as every other job uses it as a WS Macro piece.
    war/whm generally goes in AF body or koenig no? Likewise nin/whm in arhats.

I see osode as more of a "thank you" reward for outstanding linkshell participation. Any member who has a job leveled that can equip it should be considered, some exceptions might be multi-75 mages who just barely got their WAR to 75.

Other items that are like this imo - Adaberk, Gaiters, Ridill (if your sword skill is higher than C), Dalmatica, Crimson Body, lolSash (thats right I said it).