Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trista

job priority for Kirin Osode

right so, I have debated this with many many people

so I want to settle it once and for all with a few people, and what better way then to get mass opinions on the subject!

I could have posted this on a site like alla... but well I made a resolution to never trust anything that comes from allakacesspool.com

so :3 if you would be so kind as to list job priority for the kirin osode with an explanation for why it is more useful for that job then others below it

please list all jobs that can use it, if they have the same usefulness as another job you can group them togather :3

thank you very much ('-'*)

It sucks for everybody equally.

But I'd give to RNGs and SAMs first.

BST>BRD(lolchrbrds)>etc.. mnk/sam/war/nin/rng shouldnt be anywhere on this list.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hunter

Necromancer.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Priority depends on the LS... ie: BRDs with Manteel/Dalmatica over Osode, if those are included in the mix. In a LS without those items, BRD ranks higher on the Osode scale.

But, based on job usage, RNG/SAM > BST > etc... What do I know though? lolMage here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Whatever job im on at the time~

tbh.. kirin osode is pretty shitty now adays... if you really think about it...

I don't really know another MNK body with 10 mind... and if you are just using them for chi-blast.. sure... but unless you really care about monking everything... once you leave sky your monks become plan B. If you have a lot of monks, chi blast order can be OK damage. If you have very few monks - than you wont really be using them too often unless they are smart and sleeping potion/TA dragonkick or something..

For Samurai - the HQ JSE body is way fucking better. you lose 1 STR and get weaponskill accuracy --- coming from an LS where we build 90% of our skillchains with just samurais.. they miss... they miss alot... and then you hear 5 blackmages go "UGHGHHHHHH"... of course.. getting HQ JSE body is another thing... but still.. if you want /perfect/ - - osode isn't what you're looking for.

Warrior - steel cyclone. thats it. rampage spam is way fucking better DOT and .. yeah thats it.

Ranger - Going slug.. ohh.. i missed.

BST.. for charm? Hauby for melee, and what? idk.

BRD -- useless. use errant body or mins. coat - the minus emnity or the skill --- depending on what you want to argue makes a bard a bard. ya?

Ninja - Now this one is cute. I really don't know what to say about Ninja. Personally, Ninja in osode is pretty good - but at the same time - if ur going for DoT on nin ur using af1 body or haubergion. When my nins tank they usually use that purple body with the plus emnity... cause ninjas gotta keep up with the plds. you can be heavy macro user and use osode too.. but its... a lot of work... but fuck - ninja has just as much right to use an osode as a lot of these jobs do.

TO SUM IT UP.... and my thinking is a little fucked up so ...

1~ Ranger (cause they dont get much) or MNK (if you actually use them..)
    2~ Samurai or Ninja - read all that shit.
    3~ Warrior (steel cyclone)
    4~ Bard/Beast - because IMO both don't need it.

RNG>NIN/SAM/MNK>BST>WAR/BRD

IMO.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Imo the only use a NIN really has for Osode is part of Magic Resist gear. Scorpion Harness(+1) and Haubergeon(+1) can easily fill out the roles a NIN may need to take, Osode is really just a gimpy medium. That being said I still want one if solely for Citadel Buster <_<

For the most part I agree with Judah.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

People pretty much summed it before me, but it's kinda shitty for everyone. I would just give it to whoever help ls the most and doesnt have shiny body like adaman, koenig or dalmatica.

The use people will have for it is so limited it doesn't matter who get it. Your LS won't benefit at all from getting an osode, and nobody really will.

exactly. its a completionist piece for the ignorant.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

osode sucks now, who caresssssss

bst? lol, at 75 what would you be charming that requires you to wear osode that isn't solved by apollo's staff

brd? i can see this, it's better than errant, but not better than dalmatica/sha'ir/yigit

rng? pretty much the only full-time body piece for rng at 75, though really in all actuality it's best used as a WS macro piece, archer's jupon w/ maxed merits/shikaree aketon w/ no merits is better for a per-shot piece

mnk? see rng (ws macro piece), plus multi-purpose (chi blast)
    nin? see rng (ws macro piece... not a fan of full-time meree in osode, even for nin)
    war? macro for steel cyclone only

sam? ws macro piece

IMO there really isn't one job that benefits the most from osode, though there are some jobs that don't benefit much from it (bst/brd)

i'd say rng-mnk-sam-nin > war > bst-brd

Quote Originally Posted by kaylia
    People pretty much summed it before me, but it's kinda shitty for everyone. I would just give it to whoever help ls the most and doesnt have shiny body like adaman, koenig or dalmatica.
    agree 100% dood!

You can buy one for 20-30mil..

Job priority for Osode is pretty retarded IMHO.. it isn't even that good for any of the jobs that can wear it :/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

WHY CANT THIEF USE OSODE

Goddamn.. 10 STR 10 DEX on the one slot for mercy, I think I just came thrice thinking bout it.

Hell, 10 AGI for trick aswell as 10 CHR (lol) for DE..

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get a Maat's cap Lordwafik!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

that involves levelling Warrior past 37, no thanks (also heca cap > maat cap lol).

I've been lvling war now for the last few days, holy crap this is the most boring job in FFXI. I thought monk was boring, this takes the cake!

Berserk > Swing with axes > WS with 1 of 3 shitty weaponskills because you're lvl23 > monster dies.

I want 37 so I can end it all nowz

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    WHY CANT THIEF USE OSODE

Goddamn.. 10 STR 10 DEX on the one slot for mercy, I think I just came thrice thinking bout it.

Same reason DRK cant use it. SE doesnt care about black people.

Wait wafik, you're using double axes below 50? lolz Gaxe is so much better.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    WHY CANT THIEF USE OSODE

Same reason DRK cant use it. SE doesnt care about black people.

Wait wafik, you're using double axes below 50? lolz Gaxe is so much better.
    Ya I know GA better, but I dont wanna waste time levelling GA for a job i'm going to be dropping the second it hits 37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast