Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

The Wyrmking Descends (Post July 24 patch)

i dont know if this has been discussed before.

in the july patch

An accumulative magic resistance effect has been implemented for monsters that /check as "impossible to gauge."

Affected Magic Types
    The following magic types will trigger the accumulative magic resistance effect when used repeatedly on monsters whose strength is "impossible to gauge":
    Black magic (elemental)
    White magic (divine)
    Ninjutsu
    Magical Blood Pact abilities
    Magical blue magic
    Magical weapon skills (Spirits Within, Red Lotus, etc.)
    Certain job abilities (Chi Blast, Mijin Gakure, etc.)

Resistance Fluctuation
    When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

has anyone done "The Wyrmking Descends" after the july 24 patch? hopefully poeple can reply with their experiences of any changes they noticed on bahamut. if bahamut resists elemental dmg it could be a disaster from 10% to 0% HP.

oh fyi, we did ouryu after the july 24 patch and we didn't really notice blm getting nerfed, freeze 2 worked well. we killed faster than before the july 24 patch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This has been discused somewhat before. basicaly this whole "zombBLMnerf" turned out to be a bit of a joke. people dont really seem to notice any real difference at all. (even on Wyrmking Descends) BLM are still just as useful for w/e they were useful for before.
    I would like to see someone try and manaburn DM post-patch though ^.^ anyone tried it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    This has been discused somewhat before. basicaly this whole "zombBLMnerf" turned out to be a bit of a joke. people dont really seem to notice any real difference at all. (even on Wyrmking Descends) BLM are still just as useful for w/e they were useful for before.
    I would like to see someone try and manaburn DM post-patch though ^.^ anyone tried it?
    UDF did

http://www.undefeatable-ls.com/news.php

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Postpatch win.
    1 Shot them as usual. lawl
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...adobop/DM1.jpg

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Not a BLM, but am I missing something? Half of the people there are casting Blizzaga, on Firesday, and none are casting Thundaga.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

only mob we've noticed it on is Kirin, usualy BLMs just cast w/e until sc, then the burst dmg seemed gimp. BLMs chilled out on casting for a couple min then nuke dmg went back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Half of the people there are casting Blizzaga
    Blizzaga for the elemental bonus on subsequent Firagas!

Though honestly with 14 BLM, they could cast Stonega III and still 1-shot them.

Not a BLM, but am I missing something? Half of the people there are casting Blizzaga, on Firesday, and none are casting Thundaga.
    probably had a 72...I see some errant

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Halon50
    Half of the people there are casting Blizzaga
    Blizzaga for the elemental bonus on subsequent Firagas!

Though honestly with 14 BLM, they could cast Stonega III and still 1-shot them.
    We were testing if the blm nerf is affected by element based.
    eg. All thundagaIII > reduced damaged after each subsequent thundagaIII lands
    and compare it with
    Different people casting different element.
    eg. ThundagaIII full dmg lands > reduced dmg ThundagaIII > Full dmg BlizzIII > Full dmg FiragaIII > reduced dmg BlizzIII > Reduced dmg BlizzIII, etc...

P/s 14 StonegaIII cannot 1 shot them....

Edit : spelling 8)

Ooh nice, and what was the result of your testing? Elemental-based? Or Elemental Magic as a category?

EDIT: Re-reading your post I guess you already answered that. So I'd think stuff like Spirits Within and Chi Blast would be considered "Light" element and not interfere with BLM spells?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ok well the fact that you CAN still manaburn DM post-patch is conclusive proof indeed of a limpwristed nerf on BLM. (not that im complaining >.>)

Re: The Wyrmking Descends (Post July 24 patch)

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    i dont know if this has been discussed before.

in the july patch

(...)

has anyone done "The Wyrmking Descends" after the july 24 patch? hopefully poeple can reply with their experiences of any changes they noticed on bahamut. if bahamut resists elemental dmg it could be a disaster from 10% to 0% HP.

oh fyi, we did ouryu after the july 24 patch and we didn't really notice blm getting nerfed, freeze 2 worked well. we killed faster than before the july 24 patch.
    We did a few runs yesterday, it was my first Bahamuth round2 so I can't really compare and I'm not a BLM either lol but it went rather smoothly (I haven't died once in 2 runs, probably also due to the fact that my tank partner was one of the best Paladins on our server lol, I did nothing) both times with 6-7 BLM (can't remember exactly who was on which job by just looking at alliance roster, our only melee was a THF though) and peoples seemed more than happy about AM2 spells performance.

We broke the current record on our second attempt, here's a screenshot:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/120...droplolae6.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy shit.

Comparing your drops with ours...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...dobop/Meli.jpg

/slash wrist.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I have absolutly no idea if this is true, tho it does make sence, and I have heard it from more then one person, if its not new or not true then totaly ignore this post.

Casting the opisite element then what your main nukes are will lower resistance. IE: spam casting stone I if you are going to nuke with wind. It defintly seemed VERY effective on kirin with only a few nukes going under 1k. It seems logical it stops total BLM burns because you gotta have someone sitting there spamming I guess... It seriosly in all honosty looked like it worked, I have no idea if this was new, if this is true, but again it defintly looked it. I'm not a BLM tho, someone test it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by wop
    Holy shit.

/slash wrist.
    the drops come off Bahamut.....SE's way of making thieves necessary for BCNM's.

When all they had to do was do the dagger patch a couple months ago.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I posted this on the ToAU Beastmen King's thread awhile ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Speaking of the magic nerf... we tried Bahamut v2 the other day.
    We learned three things:

1. The nerf is present on Bahamut, and you can see that its slightly stronger, but like it is on everything else, it barely effects what you're doing. The magic resistance does seem to wear off a bit more slowly over time though, but it wears off just enough, although not completely, to not be a problem while you're dealing with summoned wyrms.

2. AM2 rapes Bahamut's face. Seriously. 100% -> 82% in the first volley of Burst2's (with 7 BLMs) is rediculous. The BLMs had to interrupt their casting to prevent the tanks from getting Megaflared twice while a wyrm was about to be summoned.

3. Jorumgand is still the bitch it always was. It seemed to be the most heavily magic resistant wyrm with 7 Burst2's barely scratching down to 60% in the first volley. This summon is probably the reason to unlock Flare2.

Banned.

BG Level

Damn it, I'm not happy that you can still manaburn Diabolos, DM, and stuff like that, even Fenrir.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by wop
    Holy shit.

/slash wrist.
    I think you'll find it's /wrist. Your method eliminates the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Damn it, I'm not happy that you can still manaburn Diabolos, DM, and stuff like that, even Fenrir.
    We've gone with MORE BLM, not less for stuff like Ouryu. Great patch!

BLM suck on Dynamis Lord now though.