Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21) aka HNM time fix :x

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky
    - An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.
    Just opened my RDM Oztroja Coffer in the middle of the leech pond. Glad they waited till I was finished :D
    I sneak-popped my NIN AF coffer in SSG w/ no aggro. Was annoying too, cause I wanted to Mijin to get home. I actually had to throw a chakram to get mobs attention. /gasp

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    - An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.
    Just opened my RDM Oztroja Coffer in the middle of the leech pond. Glad they waited till I was finished :D
    I sneak-popped my NIN AF coffer in SSG w/ no aggro. Was annoying too, cause I wanted to Mijin to get home. I actually had to throw a chakram to get mobs attention. /gasp
    because running to a mob and hitting mijin is so hard.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

how do they fuck up something they dont touch, I dont understand.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    how do they fuck up something they dont touch, I dont understand.
    Cliff and other devs are always saying how sloppy SEs programming is, and I dont doubt them for second.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Remember I brought this up?

What a perfect bug at the perfect time!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

- Using the "Spirit Link" ability after obtaining the the job trait "Empathy" would debuff pet wyvern instead. This will be addressed.
    I found this very amusing. I imagine things went something like this.

DEV1: Sounds like Angon is actually useful. We can't give lolDRG something useful.
    DEV2: We could screw with Empathy and have it secretly debuff their Rat to balance it out....
    DEV1: NICE! They love those stupid flying rats too, that's perfect.
    DEV2: Glad you like it. :D
    DEV1: lolDRG.

The denser code becomes, the easier it is for pieces to break. Fact of almost any MMORPG, EQ was just as bad (and still is, actually). People fail to realize all code in an MMORPG tends to hook onto itself like a big tangled ball of yarn, and the more there is, the more snags develop.

After all, FFXI is how much more code than it was when it started? A metric fuckton or two?

I'm more concerned as to how long windower will be broken after this patch...hopefully not too long, having all my macro sets full while using windower macros for my jobs is tedious enough, to have to resort to actual game macros would mean I can only play 1 to 2 jobs tops and that would suck. Oh suppose finally starting on getting my own chocobo will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    The denser code becomes, the easier it is for pieces to break. Fact of almost any MMORPG, EQ was just as bad (and still is, actually). People fail to realize all code in an MMORPG tends to hook onto itself like a big tangled ball of yarn, and the more there is, the more snags develop.

After all, FFXI is how much more code than it was when it started? A metric fuckton or two?
    Exactly Kyreth... and if they had taken steps to make sure everything is separate, so that nothing like this had happend, it would have been easily twice the size it is now, not to mention, taking even longer for stuff to be released.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I'm looking foward to the chocobo you can raise and call anywhere and abuse like the moogle in my mog house.

Kinda don't wanna use up an inventory for a chocobo whistle though... they should of made it a key item you can use with one like /whistle or something

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Kinda don't wanna use up an inventory for a chocobo whistle though... they should of made it a key item you can use with one like /whistle or something
    Agreed.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Using the "Spirit Link" ability after obtaining the the job trait "Empathy" would debuff pet wyvern instead. This will be addressed.

lol

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bye bye ADD trick. Even SE hates Puppetmasters. My faith in them slips even further.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd rather see them tweak the AI to the point where you don't need ADD to be effective.

Seriously, who thought ADD was anything other than a temporary workaround to slow witted pet AI? You absolutely had to know this was coming....I just hope there's life after ADD.

Please, only shit PUPs need ADD to keep up. I haven't used ADD since I maxed out ranged and magic skill. It's so easy to do damage without it, besides your own damage suffers from the constant delay resetting that comes with abilities.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

- The "Bad Breath" ability used by some of the Morbol type monsters has not been reflected properly. This will be addressed.
    Dynamis-Valkurm fix?

I wish...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

More like Vivian fix. And maybe more malboros.

Never unlocked pup and I'm gonna ask a noob question for myself and all the other lazies so we can understand this thread better:

What is the ADD?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    Never unlocked pup and I'm gonna ask a noob question for myself and all the other lazies so we can understand this thread better:

What is the ADD?
    ADD stood for Activate, Deploy, Deactivate

The RNG and BLM model puppets have dumb AI where they only shoot arrows / cast spells every 25 seconds.

So as a workaround, you could call the puppet, deploy it on something, wait for it to shoot/cast, then deactivate and repeat.

I see, thanks.