Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL puppetmaster nerf     submit to reddit submit to twitter

LOL puppetmaster nerf

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    The reuse timer for Puppetmaster's pet command, "Deactivate" will be changed to 1 minute.
    like pup needed a nerf... though i knew they never really intended ADD to be possible anyway.

I'm fairly sure this belongs in the 8/21 update thread.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

PERHAPS SIMILARLY TO THE REASONS WHY SMN WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A MELEE JOB.

too bad people who had to use ADD were gimp in the first place. Only thing it was useful for is skillup.

Help a newb like me who doesn't know what ADD means.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

/comforts MNK, rdm and war's hoping blu was going to be nerfed soon in ballista

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    too bad people who had to use ADD were gimp in the first place. Only thing it was useful for is skillup.
    and more importantly, soloing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Help a newb like me who doesn't know what ADD means.
    ADD is when a puppetmaster activates their automaton, then... hey, I like the shade of green in Faranim's sig. What texture is that?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

http://www.add.org/
    Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) is a condition resulting in symptoms of inability to maintain attention, impulsive behaviors and/or motor restlessness. The prevalence of AD/HD in adults is thought to be around 4.4% (see Kessler, et al-Arch Gen Psychiatry 2005; 62:593-602)

When the brain isn't getting adequate neurochemicals, it tries to find ways to increase their release. Movement, physical activity, focusing on things that are stimulating in themselves, or doing things which cause stimulation are three common ways that people with AD/HD stimulate their brains.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Activate
    Deploy
    Deactivate

On Deploy, the first thing the Maton would do is make a ranged attack or cast a spell, be it a Cure were the PUP below 50% HP, or its highest nuke if Light+Dark Menuevers were used beforehand. This could be spammed, since the recast on all of the above is like 15 seconds (Except Activate, which is technically 20 minutes, but if a Maton is Deactivated with 100% HP, its timer is reset).

Or something like that

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lolpup. they need to just eliminate the job from the game and add something less shitty. or just take it out period and replace it with nothing. even that would be an improvement

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaz
    lolpup. they need to just eliminate the job from the game and add something less shitty. or just take it out period and replace it with nothing. even that would be an improvement
    Geomancer.

Seriously. This game with all its ties to elemental day, weather, influences and moon phase would be absolutely perfect for a cloth-armor-wearing, axe-weilding, elemental mage.

a cloth-armor-wearing, axe-weilding, elemental mage.
    http://ffworldmedias.free.fr/ffworld.../geomancer.jpg
    I like this shaman design so much 8)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

you know that does sound pretty damn awesome. maybe give them a worthwhile version of the en-spells with some new ones (en-bio, en-paralyze, en-whateverelseyoucanthinkof).

Here's to hoping they add Geomancers in the next Expansion pack...

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    a cloth-armor-wearing, axe-weilding, elemental mage.
    I'm sorry, did "axe-weilding" confuse you with BST clones?

brb, breaking the bad news to the Warrior job class.

Banned.

BG Level

It would be cool if they used materials(made from crafts, like Woodworking) that had to be 'charged' in weather to be used. Like you would go farm "Fire magic materials" in Dunes or Ifrit's Cauldron by being active in the weather. I would like to see them as tanks using Stoneskin, Blink, ect, and spike spells.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

how would geomancers work really? like in the dunes you only have one terrain type.... fucking sand.... as far as the eye can see. since geomancers utilize the land to fight that would really gimp em a lot unless they could like... manipulate the weather sort of (like pull all the moisture out of the sand and freeze it to use an ice based attack). sounds like a pain in the ass but might be really fun.

yey for a pup change starting a whole hypothetical discussion about a job they will never implement! yeyyyyy!!!

Knowing SE, it would have a selection of certain spells (i.e. all the really good ones) that could only be used in weather. >.>;

EDIT: I would think there would be a selection of general spells that they can cast at any time, and certain spells that are only for certain weather types, and maybe in double weather, those spells work at 2x normal levels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast