Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

question, did you guys use shadowbind? also how many poeple you guys attempt with.

seems like the strategy is bring it down from 100-95% then see if your lucky enough to get glitch.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

No RNGs, just Kraken/Ridill DRKs and BLMs. Straight tanked it from start to finish, so no binds or such. We had a few lv1s holding it near the main updraft (Sealion's Den one) while we cleared out the wynavs over and over. AV doesn't aggro, so that helps.

We had 25-30 people total, and ArchDominus came to help out after we unknowingly sealed 2hrs. Since we had no idea if it was going to make another round of 10 Aeroga IVs in <30 seconds, the backup was nice to have.

In ideal conditions (which we pretty much had after starting damage), you could easily kill AV with <25 people.

Updated that thread with some fight info (and more pics naturally ) -> http://forums.lunariansls.com/showthread.php?t=1853

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Was it using any TP moves after being sealed? I assume it stopped casting spells.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Verix
    after we unknowingly sealed 2hrs.
    Congrats, but no need for another thread.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

well done indeed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Once AV hit ~95%, it's 2 hours, spells, and TP abilities stopped.
    so how do you explain it using benediction once it was down to about 50% when other shells fought it?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

what can we do, no one knows what exactly causes it to stop doing 2hr and aero, until we find out exactly why, we can only assume its pure luck. some LS's get an AV that is killable, and some dont.

LB first av, we got it to 95% without using the wall using shadowbind and blm. it stopped using aero and 2hr, but we accidently CFH. then after we let it turn yellow, we coudln't get it to lose its ability again. we finally decided to give up, then at last second someone thought of using the wall. when we took it down to around 50% it got into 2nd form and got all its 2hr and magic back. if we hadn't cfh, perhaps we woulda won legit. but even if we had won, we dont know why or what caused it.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Congrats on the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    so how do you explain it using benediction once it was down to about 50% when other shells fought it?
    AV used to have a 'second form' at 60%, where even when you had locked out 2Hs before, he would grow bracelets and resume 2Hs, and they would be more powerful (for example, 6 wynavs instead of 3). This second form was removed in I believe the patch that released ToAU, or perhaps the one just before that.

Anyway, regarding removing 2Hs, spells, and TP moves. On our LS's 2nd and most recent AV, in March, we removed 2Hs but not spells at the very start of our first attempt. I don't think we'd even done 1% damage. Spells didn't go until much later, and I'm unsure about TP moves. Masago can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that after their (limitbreak's) CFH, they had spells back but not 2Hs as well?

That said, another thing worth considering is that they changed the method for removing those elements of the fight as well, when they removed bracelets form. I'm reasonably certain that there was a change at some point in how 'sheer animosity' was triggered for Ix'aern DRK. Perhaps they thought the old method was too obscure, so they changed it to a way that could be more easily triggered with a brute force (lotteryish) method. If they deemed the method for removing 2Hs spells and TP moves for AV as too obscure, perhaps they altered that as well in the patch where they removed bracelets form (which is very possible since nobody had killed AV without the wall until after they removed bracelets form).

Congrats.

I can't help but become amused at the Sash not dropping again.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    Congrats.

SE obviously realized from reading these forums that spell interrupt- is incredibly broken and has flicked the "lolsash drop" switch to off.

Demosthenes11

The only thing we really did from the time he was using abilities/2hours to the time he wasnt, was kill wynavs and damage him. We killed off several sets of wynavs before, and waiting to see if he would continue to 2hour. Eventually, we figured he was possible to straight tank for a minute or 2 after wynavs were dead, so we readied the blms again, killed the wynavs, and then started as much damage as we could on AV. At 95%, we saw a slow in regen, and noticed he hadnt 2hourd or used any magic. He didn't the rest of the fight (no tp moves either).

So, their could be 2 explanations really. The 95% magic number theory, or the kill wynavs until he stops theory. Honestly, what else could it be? Not like we 'accidentally' used 8 jailor weapons on it or touched the ebol panels on full moon darksday.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Another thing I could think of was that each Wynav is designated 2H - Ability - Spells (or w/e) and each Wynav, has a *chance* of stopping its corresponding 2H - Ability - Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    The only thing we really did from the time he was using abilities/2hours to the time he wasnt, was kill wynavs and damage him. We killed off several sets of wynavs before, and waiting to see if he would continue to 2hour. Eventually, we figured he was possible to straight tank for a minute or 2 after wynavs were dead, so we readied the blms again, killed the wynavs, and then started as much damage as we could on AV. At 95%, we saw a slow in regen, and noticed he hadnt 2hourd or used any magic. He didn't the rest of the fight (no tp moves either).

So, their could be 2 explanations really. The 95% magic number theory, or the kill wynavs until he stops theory. Honestly, what else could it be? Not like we 'accidentally' used 8 jailor weapons on it or touched the ebol panels on full moon darksday.
    No TP moves is interesting. Maybe the DRK with kraken fed it so much TP it broke. lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Explain how he has been stopped from 2houring and using magic, and then suddenly uses 3 meteors in 10 seconds at 79%?

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Explain how he has been stopped from 2houring and using magic, and then suddenly uses 3 meteors in 10 seconds at 79%?
    WoJ/pissedoffSE

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    Congrats.

lolsash

Let's give Map some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    I like the theory some people proposed in the thread devoted to that attempt (the one on Ragnarok recently, right?) that while AV is programmed to only use Meteor and Comet while Manafont is active, in the time he was up (over a day and many different attempts, iirc) he had been Aspired below the lowest MP cost of Aero5/Aeroga4/Tornado2 (I believe 290 for Aero 5) and glitched into casting Meteor and Comet, which are in the game at 1MP per cast. But who knows.

Edit: Kaylia and Rukenshin in http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... &start=600

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

on our first attempt we aspired him for 2hrs, he continued to use wind spells. he must have unlimited mp or mp regen or something.