Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridill drop rate changed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Ridill drop rate changed?

2 of the best HNMLS at my server are 1/116 and the other 2/93 with ridill >.>

However
    New hnmls was made before few days and here is there story:
    http://kiraster.livejournal.com/12359.html

so heh .. Yeah i made an LS with my good friends to get everyone pimped since most of us live in GMT and there isn't any decent LS in server that does endgame stuff at GMT time and since most of us got the experience so we were like fuck it , lets just try and see how it will work since there is no harm
    we started with limbus and dynamis starters , cleared starters with 17-20 people and managed to do sky runs with no difficulity till we decided to camp fafnir which i really thought we'll wipe to since most people in LS never fought it , i kept repeating what to do exactly in party chat over and over till people understood it completely and Amity pulled out first fafnir which we took down in 29 minutes which is not bad for first time and that generous fafnir gave us this :

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6534/faf1st.jpg

yea well everyone was in a shock , none expects ridill from first fafnir but heh , we got lucky i guess
    and we managed to beat proto ultima in the same day and got nashira body/hands/head , fafnir and ultima both allies had 0 thf or 0 /thf and yet we got full drops

so after 6 days camping of losing pulls including two nidhoggs we end up winning claim today with small competition only two LSs but we had not enough melee and rdm , sam dc'd and everytime he login he get dc'd again so we had no choice but to use mnk for skillchains which made fafnir spam wings lik there is no tomorrow , 9 wings in a row ended up losing 2-3 people dying and as usual , JPs would never leave the pit if its a non jp ls fighting to lag more and more with spamming checks , the fight really sucked , we lost melee at 10% because no mages in melee pt so blms or specifically phatmoe raped it with burst2 followed by tornado2 to get it to 1% then won , but the big surprize was this ...

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/986/clp787ro1.jpg
    (lol all swords droped thf and drk got the 2 ridills war37 ;p)

2/2 ridill , and i'm still finding it unbelieveable but oh well luck , grats to phantomlord and amity on ridillz !

and about those who say we use drop hax who actually know themselves well ! Die haters
    ===============================================

Friend from other server told me thats they got ridill too in this week

If drop rate didnt get changed i dont understand how someone can get this lucky
    Known SE i dont think they can be that kind

None have dropped in over two weeks, maybe three, we got the last one that dropped..

edit-just read the non-picture part of your post, Proto-Ultima's drops come from a chest..whether or not TH has any effect whatsoever is debatable, I don't know personally. Also; we've gotten 3 Ridills in a +/- a week before, then none dropped for us or anyone else for a few months..I think Fafnir is just stingy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Ridill drop rate changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    and about those who say we use drop hax who actually know themselves well ! Die haters
    i'd like one of these myself

my personal fights with faf i saw about 4 Ridills out of 60ish kills...i would say the drop rate is probably close to D. ring drop rate, the only difference is that D. ring drops off of an HQ spawn so if Ridill dropped off of Nidhogg you'd see MUCH less Ridills in the game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I wonder how many threads there have been on this forum just because a couple people get lucky with Ridill.

Re: Ridill drop rate changed?

Best loot ever.

Xavier

We've gotten two ridills in a week before and gone months between them dropping too. Its all just luck.

Only seen 2 ridills in plenty of kills. The first late in november last year (hrotti and balmung also dropped) and the second a few weeks ago. Pure luck. 5% chance doesn't mean you'll see it 5% of the time :P

grats /

Sea Torques
    BG Level

2/50+? fuck

Relic Horn
    BG Level

2/200 sounds good for us >>;

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Rofl I would hate to have your guys luck. 3 weeks ago, we got 3/4 kills Ridill. We have almost 23 now I think <.<;

Use multiple THF, all we use for SC is 3 THF.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    Rofl I would hate to have your guys luck. 3 weeks ago, we got 3/4 kills Ridill. We have almost 23 now I think <.<;

And you still camp it...?

Surely they need more A feet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3 Ridills in 4 kills in less than a week sounds really damn lucky or really smells like bullshit

on a side note: the day an LS is maxed out on Ridills is the day FFXI freezes

We've found that King loot drops in clusters.

Like you'll get 3/5 Ridills and then not see any for months.

Same thing happened with D. Ring. We didn't see any drop for almost a year (nobody on the server got it to drop) and then it dropped 4 or 5 within a span of 2 months.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

Well I'm sure they only have 17 E.Bodies and 22 Dalms. Gotta stay till everyone has one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao

Well I'm sure they only have 17 E.Bodies and 22 Dalms. Gotta stay till everyone has one of each.
    Well aren't we fortuneate nobody on unicorn is like that.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao

Well aren't we fortuneate nobody on unicorn is like that.
    Yeah, I'd probably bonk my nuts with a hammer if I spent that much time in DA.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well I might be force to go OFFLINE and never get a anything good then.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    We've found that King loot drops in clusters.

Like you'll get 3/5 Ridills and then not see any for months.

Same thing happened with D. Ring. We didn't see any drop for almost a year (nobody on the server got it to drop) and then it dropped 4 or 5 within a span of 2 months.
    Fafnir was shitting ridills a few weeks ago, I think 3 people(overall) got Ridill within a 10 day span, and he seems to be back to normal atm. In march we had a nid kill with 2x M Body, since then I think nid's dropped only 2 or 3 M body overall. Last night's nid (which was probably thread worthy) got a single E body drop for jp ls VC, which is the same drop we got last time we killed it a little under a month ago. Over the summer we had 2 consecutive aspi kills, 7 days apart, both gave M feet. 2 weeks later aspi died and gave M feet to another na ls, dunno what the aspi in between gave, but all of those were in the month of July. If I remember correctly the last 2 king behemoths (overall) have dropped E leg x1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fialong
    Well I might be force to go OFFLINE and never get a anything good then.
    They just don't have the tactics to win.

btw if I remembered fathouse's ls's name i'd make fun of it. but I dont so bah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast