View Poll Results: Would you vote for Jon Stewart?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

111 68.10%
  • no

35 21.47%
  • depends

17 10.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Would you vote for Jon Stewart?

alright, lets do this again cause i am really curious hah.

if jon stewart from the daily show decides to run for presidency 2008, and please be aware that jon is jewish, would you vote for him regardless his religion? and why?

First of all, what do you mean regardless of religion...

Second of all, I support Colbert in all his endeavors.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

dunno why jewish would matter but yes I'd vote for him.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Now when you say vote, you don't mean in your mind, like just choose who you think should be president and then scoff at the winner because you didn't vote.

You mean actually register to vote, and go out to the polls and vote, right?

Yes. I would.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My vote seems to have vanished but I said something along the lines of: "His platform could be mass genocide and I would still vote for him"

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Speaking of Comedy Central and Colbert since he came up, has everyone does his/her part in voting for the Stephen Colbert hid!?

http://www.colbertnation.com and follow the links to the Hungarian site; it's a bitch to load, took me a ton of tries, but we've got to make it happen, spread the word you forum whores =l

And yes, Stewart for president.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

well, because the majority of americans are christians, and i honest don't remember any non-christian US president in the history. as an agnostic, i am really interested in seeing if american would accept a president who technically can't and doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of god haha.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

add a colbert option.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverse
    well, because the majority of americans are christians, and i honest don't remember any non-christian US president in the history. as an agnostic, i am really interested in seeing if american would accept a president who technically can't and doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of god haha.
    JFK was catholic, that was close

This is stupid, the question should be would you vote for a Jewish candidate if you supported their platform. As much as I love Jon Stewart, I wouldn't vote for him because he's probably not presidential material.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lol you americans and your southern ways...

Seperation of Church and State. I couldnt care less what the president's religion is, aslong as hehas good political views.

It takes more than a good sense of humor to run a country, but at least he would have better diplomatic skills than Bush does.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

What? There's complete seperation of Church and State now?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    This is stupid, the question should be would you vote for a Jewish candidate if you supported their platform. As much as I love Jon Stewart, I wouldn't vote for him because he's probably not presidential material.
    and bush is presidential material? would you vote for jon over bush if they were running against each other?

pointing out jon being jewish is not the emphasis, it's more like an extra bit purely based on the ground of curiosity.

I don't think I'd vote for him cause I don't believe he knows all that much about politics and how to handle things. At least knowing enough.. he'd have to prove to me more than a "news" show on Comedy Central (more of a joke show anyways). He's funny.. he's famous.. I hate that people would vote for him cause he's famous and funny.. that's just.. stupid.. but who knows.. other famous people have made decent politicians it seems (at least, I'm told jesse the body ventura or however you spell his name did good for his state)

i'd vote Mr. Stewart.
    Stewart as President. Colbert as VP
    greatest combo EVER!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    I don't think I'd vote for him cause I don't believe he knows all that much about politics and how to handle things. At least knowing enough.. he'd have to prove to me more than a "news" show on Comedy Central (more of a joke show anyways). He's funny.. he's famous.. I hate that people would vote for him cause he's famous and funny.. that's just.. stupid.. but who knows.. other famous people have made decent politicians it seems (at least, I'm told jesse the body ventura or however you spell his name did good for his state)
    Read his book if you think he doesn't know about politcs for running a show on cemedy central. Hell Ben Stein had a comedy central show and he used to write Reagan's speeches.

I agree that you shouldn't vote for someone just for finding them funny. But I also think you shouldn't assume someone doesn't know things about politics just because they're funny either.

How many of you guys even vote anwyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    Read his book if you think he doesn't know about politcs for running a show on cemedy central. Hell Ben Stein had a comedy central show and he used to write Reagan's speeches.

I agree that you shouldn't vote for someone just for finding them funny. But I also think you shouldn't assume someone doesn't know things about politics just because they're funny either.
    oh, I don't think he doesn't know anything, and I really would like to read his book need to get me a copy I just think most of the people voting for him would vote cause he's famous and funny (which in turn means they like em most likely cause not many find someone they don't like funny D: I think).

I think I'd rather see him try a lesser position in politics first rather than presidency so soon.. hmm wouldn't he be one of the youngest presidents too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast