Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Trust me, you'll notice talons and the big tailfeathers.
    They only grow if you hit average in STR & END, respectively, before it hits adult.
    Was 8/8 by day 42. Isn't adult day 39?

A. Body
    BG Level

Meaning you need average by day 28.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

BUMP!

When raising my chocos, I notice that sometimes a stat will go up a lvl over night (say from average to above average str). Then after I take my choco on a walk, it'll drop back to average. This leads me to believe that various activities you do with your bird drops your stats slightly. Has anybody else noticed this?

First off, I'm curious if anybody has seen this happen with any ability other than str. If indeed doing things causes your chocos stats to lower, would I be better to do walks/etc only if I need cutscenes or affection, and leave them at full energy the rest of the time, or would this lead to restlessness, boredom, etc?

More theoretical questions:
    When you breed birds, how are parental stats handled when they breed? In other words, if both parents have 8/8 str/end, then does the chick have better str and end than say an ISNM egg? Assuming you breed a chick on the endurance plan (sports plan), how is that calculated when it pops out? Do plans that increase endurance work better (ie, delivering packages supposedly has the same effect on both str and end... maybe +5 to both.. would a high-endurance bird get +5 str and +7 end?)? Or does the choco just get a head start? Like lets say a choco has between 0 and 200 endurance. At each multiple of 25 it goes up a level. Would high endurance make it so the choco starts at 20 of 200, but then still has 25 points per level? or perhaps make it so that his scale is between 0 and 160, where it's only 20 points per level?

Last, has it been figured out yet how many 80-buck training sessions it takes to raise a stat one level?

I know a lot of this stuff is mostly un-prove-able, I'm just curious as to people's pet theories and opinions.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Coren,

This is the closest I can offer as to how many 80-Chocobuck training sessions are needed to raise a stat one level. I posted it at the end of the Chocobo Racing thread, link to my post here.

I'm on... day 64 now iirc. I've been monitoring my bird's endurance because I want to test if the 80-Chocobucks plans bump up stats the same way after they are "stabilized." Here's the trace of the past few days:

Day 60 - Treasure Digging :: Endurance=Impressive, Discernment=A bit deficient
    Day 61 - Treasure Digging :: Endurance=Better than average, Discernment=A bit deficient
    Day 62 - Treasure Digging :: Endurance=Better than average, Discernment=Average
    Day 63 - Treasure Digging :: Endurance=Better than average, Discernment=Average

So, three days of digging plans were in effect since the moment Endurance dropped to "Better than average." Days 64 and onward I changed the care plan to "Basic Care." I'm hoping that... with maybe 4-5 uses of the 80-Chocobucks plan, Endurance will go back to "Impressive" (based on the results from the other post linked above).

Right now my bird is 8/5/4/1 with just Gallop learned. I'm raising her in the Bastok stables. I hope I can make her be 8/6/4/1 in the end , and I have until day 12x to meet Brutus and teach her the Canter story lol (haven't even seen him once on long walks yet). From here on and until the end of her days, I'm keeping her on the "Basic Care" plan so her stats don't change.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My choco was born with canter, luckily, so I'm hoping I can start racing around 6/6/1/1+canter. Then, just spam them on my 2nd pc while doing other stuff. I approximated it would take 5 80-buck plans per level, for 7 lvls, for 2 stats, for a total of 70 plans. At 80 chocobucks each, that's 5600 chocobucks. At an overall average of 3.25 bucks per race, that's 1725 races. They take 4 min each, if you spam them as fast as you can (5 if you are slower). This means it'll take approx 140 hours of racing to go 8/8/8/8. Now, I'd assume at some point you'd win with decent regularity, so the average would go up to 4.5 or so chocobucks per race (occasionally you'd get hit with bombs and shit, so meh) once you are 8/8/4/1 canter/gallop. This would drop your total hours wasted to maybe 100 or 110.

The biggest problem with this is that if the number of plans required to lvl is 6, or 7, instead of 5, that really fucks up my estimation.

Banned.

BG Level

Quick question:

I was bored so I bought someone's M Green Chocobo who has like Canter/Gallop and apparently capped physical stats.

If I wanted to get the best possible bird(and a green one at that for the hell of it), would I need to get a F Green Chocobo with the same stats?

Basically, I'm fucking clueless on breeding.

A. Body
    BG Level

The fact that you somehow got a bird with both Gallop and Canter with high physical stats makes the rest not matter so much.
    Getting another bird to compliment that can't hurt, and another green will help you get a green kid, but what really matters is how you raise what comes out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    The fact that you somehow got a bird with both Gallop and Canter with high physical stats makes the rest not matter so much.
    Getting another bird to compliment that can't hurt, and another green will help you get a green kid, but what really matters is how you raise what comes out.
    My first one got 8/6/4/1 and canter/gallop. I'm really hoping to get an 8/8/4/4 at least, if not capped, on my next bird, which hopefully will be before pvp racing comes out.

Sagacious Sundi

Okay, so this chocobo that I bought before choco racing was released (and neglected from days 18-25) became a green choco. It also got the "best time to raise mental AND physical stuff" thingies and it keeps getting perky. Not to mention, it still regarded me as a parent after the 7 days of neglect. So is there like a small chance that any chocobo can become a god like this?

EDIT: Also, I made it take a walk around town all through its time as a chick, but I think I fed it 12 mental carrots (though they were the physical ones!) in total, in case feeding has anything to do with color.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Does anyone have a 1/1/x/x Canter Female that's coloured? I'm looking for a card to breed w/ my male. PM if you want to trade (Bahamut btw)

Okay so I screwed up with planning raising my current chocobo and now I'm cutting my losses and trying to salvage what I can to make my next chocobo successful. What I need to know is, has anyone had a chocobo born with Bore? I want to be sure that a chocobo can be born with any of the abilities of its parents and not just certain ones.

(Backstory: I got sick of losing Yhoator Hot & Cold so I was trying to raise a chocobo with Bore and Treasure Finder but I also wanted it to be First-class strength and decent endurance with the HQ feet and feathers because it's the same chocobo I'm going to ride everywhere and now I'm on Day 32 and have come to realize there just isn't going to be enough time to get discernment high enough to learn Bore and then get STR and Endurance to something decent before stat lock unless I want to spend 3 hours a day doing chocobo races, so I'm hoping to just teach it Bore and then breed one with it already learned.)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I haven't inherited bore first-hand, but to my knowledge, you can inherit ANY of the 6 abilities that the parents have. It's possible to inherit 0, 1, or 2 abilities (obviously not more).