Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

[quote=shinobi_tabi]
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":c772a
    mine eats 4 to get completely full
    although the last 2 i feed it gets the"seeems to be forcing itself to eat" message
    If it forces itself, its full
    theres like 2 different full messages maybe more
    seems full?
    full
    completely full[/quote:c772a]

Starving.
    Not hunrgy nor full
    Quite full
    Completely full
    no?

[quote=Falconblade]
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":5eaab
    although the last 2 i feed it gets the"seeems to be forcing itself to eat" message
    seems full?
    full
    completely full
    Starving.
    Not hunrgy nor full
    Quite full
    Completely full
    no?[/quote:5eaab]
    not quite sure since i didnt check the stats after each feed but i think there quite full - completely full is the difference i was talking about..................................

so... anyones choco eats more then 4 items?
    how much stuff can your choco eat if you have feed it parasite worm before?
    who is down for chocobo worm eating contest? carrots?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

[quote=Falconblade]
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":3f553
    seems full?
    full
    completely full
    Starving.
    Not hunrgy nor full
    Quite full
    Completely full
    no?[/quote:3f553]

this is correct. Except its "seems to be starving" "Seems niether hungry nor full" "is quite full" "is completely full"

if it forces itself (completely full), it doesn't get the effect of the food. You'll notice no sound or animation (aura) around the chocobo when eating it. It just goes to a black screen then back to options.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

[quote=shinobi_tabi][quote=Falconblade]
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":83cf5
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":83cf5
    seems full?
    full
    completely full
    Starving.
    Not hunrgy nor full
    Quite full
    Completely full
    no?[/quote:83cf5]
    not quite sure since i didnt check the stats after each feed but i think there quite full - completely full is the difference i was talking about..................................

so... anyones choco eats more then 4 items?
    how much stuff can your choco eat if you have feed it parasite worm before?
    who is down for chocobo worm eating contest? carrots?[/quote:83cf5]

From what I've noted so far, parasite worms may have an effect on personality rather than how much your chocobo can eat.

My chocobo is still a chick, but when she became perky I decided to add a parasite worm to her diet that day - she had no personality as of yet. The next day, she was sick and lost her perkiness, but had a sensitive personality. She got better the next day and regained her perkiness, so I tried another parasite worm. The day after that, she lost her perkiness again her personality had changed from sensitive to enigmatic. Her regular diet consisted of Azouph Greens and Zegham Carrots, mainly listening to music. She has stayed enigmatic since then, and is about to hit the adolescent stage.

I can't 100% sure for now until I get the chance to raise more chocobos, but my friend has a patient choco chick right who has been fed a parasite worm today, we should be able to see the change tomorrow. Has anyone else experimented with parasite worms and has had similar results?

day whatever, all stats still poor, still no abilities, still no personalities. i'm ready to "retire" my chocobo right now - i think i ought to at least get a six piece bucket out of it...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, at least its only 3 more days until we can ride our chocobos, if what the chocoguy says about being a month from turning in your egg to being ridable is accurate.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok wtf do parasite worms do! people are buying them off me like hotcakes!

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    no one knows, they're just rare

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just a thought, do they make the chocobo hungry again? Hence, feed it a bunch of stat increasing food, give it a parasite worm, then feed it more to buff stats even farther up?

It's just a wild guess on my part, I've never tried feeding one to mine.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Just a thought, do they make the chocobo hungry again? Hence, feed it a bunch of stat increasing food, give it a parasite worm, then feed it more to buff stats even farther up?

Certain that it doesn't. I've fed my chick one while it was quite full and there were no changes in how hungry it was.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by VividAriah

Certain that it doesn't. I've fed my chick one while it was quite full and there were no changes in how hungry it was.
    Maybe feed it worm while it's hungry then feed it real food?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VividAriah

Maybe feed it worm while it's hungry then feed it real food?
    I've done that also on my second feeding, still no change on how much she could eat. The days after I fed her two worms were no different, either.

Last night I had a dream that I asked my stepmother (who was a fucking bitch) to feed my chocobo, and when I talked to Hantileon he said "Your chocobo died upon eating the 6 parasite worms fed to it, but she gave birth to a new chocobo just before passing away." All I could think about was how the 22 days I've put into my chocobo so far were wasted, and how I'd have to start over from scratch. However, the new chocobo was blue, even as a chick.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Last night I had a dream that I asked my stepmother (who was a fucking bitch) to feed my chocobo, and when I talked to Hantileon he said "Your chocobo died upon eating the 6 parasite worms fed to it, but she gave birth to a new chocobo just before passing away." All I could think about was how the 22 days I've put into my chocobo so far were wasted, and how I'd have to start over from scratch. However, the new chocobo was blue, even as a chick.
    Time for sunlight.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well, at least its only 3 more days until we can ride our chocobos, if what the chocoguy says about being a month from turning in your egg to being ridable is accurate.
    I think they said "about a month" to go from egg to adult. I'm gonna guess Day 34 or 35 will yield an adult bird.

I've had one bird on a regimen of carrying packages every day since Day 19. I haven't seen affection drop below parent once. It kind of makes me wonder how much of a negative those "big" down arrows really are.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Who wants to bet offspring have some stats from the parents, so chicks might possibly start with substandard in a few fields.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Time for sunlight.
    LOL

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Who wants to bet offspring have some stats from the parents, so chicks might possibly start with substandard in a few fields.
    yep i totally agree. I have been totally pumping my chick with Mind boosting stuff and a friend has done physical stuff we are going to breed them and see if we can get a chik that starts off with "substandard" in all 4 stats.

Also i am going to bet that when a Choco learns an ability he can immediately pass them on to their babies as they are born. ~pokemon rip-off ftw~

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Time for sunlight.
    LOL
    Ironically, I've barely even logged into the game the past 2 weeks or so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    I have been totally pumping my chick with Mind boosting stuff and a friend has done physical stuff we are going to breed them and see if we can get a chik that starts off with "substandard" in all 4 stats.
    Only problem with that is, by the time your new Substandard x4 chick reaches adulthood, 2 of those stats are going to be run into the ground if you focus on anything.

Raising, say, mental stats (listening to music, exhibiting to public, telling stories, scolding, etc.) will reduce its Substandard strength/endurance to 0, while taking its discernment and receptivity up another couple notches. So it might be better to first mate two chocobos that are strong in a particular stat (e.g. physical), then train the new chocobo's other stats (e.g. mental) such that by the time they reach adulthood, their neglected stat (e.g. physical) doesn't reach 0. That's the only way I can see having an adult chocobo with respectable stats in all 4 categories.

The other possibility being if your personal care options don't reduce stats at all (e.g. telling stories won't reduce physical stats), in which case I could set my chocobo to a physical plan and then tell stories all the time to boost the mental stats... but then, chances are my mental stats wouldn't go anywhere because the physical care plans would just take it all away. Unless I wait until adulthood where the plans have a huge stat gain with a lesser stat loss, unlike the previous stages' care plans.