Interview #1 :

Markus(Bercus)
    Sage Sundi, the Global Online Producer

Interview #2 :

Markus(Bercus)
    Saori Vivien Hill, Community & Service Assistant Manager
    Toshi Murouchi, European Online Producer,
    Hiromichi Tanaka, the Senior Vice President, Software Devolopment, CE, OBM,
    He is best known as lead developer of the Final Fantasy XI team.
    Sage Sundi, Global Online Producer

They confirmed the development of a Sea/Sky like endgame zone
    They confirmed the development of a new type of battle grounds, possibly similar to dynamis or limbus.
    They pretty much assured everyone FFXI will not get an official windower anytime soon, if at all.
    They admitted new gobby bags are a 'good idea' and thus will possibly add them.
    They said that individual server jumping and switching is something they thought about and are possibly working on
    They said they will most likely change the pop timers on the three kings, if not completely change the way are fought.
    Admited that Ulli had problems and that they are still trying to think of a way to fix them.
    Gave the reasons why limbus/dynamis aren't true instanced zones

We came 2 hour to late to the Convention due to traffic and once we got there my focus was ……
    Looking for Sage Sundi. After a few hours of not finding him, I tried my luck at the room we will have our Interview later. So I knocked at the door and Alex Huhtala the PR Manager from Square Enix Europe came out.
    I asked him if I can ask Sage Sundi some less important questions right now. He left to go in the room and 30 seconds later, Sage Sundi came out. We had a small talk and went to the Restaurant area of the Convention and had a Interview for about 20-25 minutes without breaks. I was asking him questions I didn’t pick for the main Interview. So no bashing, it was really hard to pick the questions for me >.<.

Anyway, here is the first part of the Interview.

Interview #1 :

Question 1:

Bercus : Is there any way to fix the fact that you lose messages or miss parts of conversation while zoning?

Sundi : Oh you mean like changing the zone and not getting it…

Bercus: Right, because right now you sometimes get no Error if your Message was delivered or not, but the other person didn’t get it cause of zoning.

Sundi: That could be only happen when…the person, you know, sent a message just right before the zoning, right?

Bercus : Right!

Sundi: So by the system, there is no way to know the other person is sending a message to you, so I don’t think it is possible. I’ll make sure I talk to the programmer, if there is any way to do it.

Question 2:

Bercus : This question is about the entertainment side of the game. In the past SE has adapted a cross world feature evident in many games, like Kingdom Hearts, where you work together with Disney. Could SE consider something like this for FFXI so that players can fight against square legends? Like a BCNM, or mini-quest oriented to FF XI culture so that it doesn't interfere with storyline etc…

Sundi : You mean like a Mini Game?

Bercus : Sure, or like an additional Quest or Event, where you fight vs lets say Mickey Mouse (couldn’t think os something better LOL) , something outside of Final Fantasy.

Sundi : Well.. wow.. well maybe..I like it. Maybe you can ask that later in the main Interview, but I would like to see it. This is depends on many things…

Question 3:

Bercus : The community wants more teleportation spells or items. FFXI is not very friendly towards casual gamers with limited hours. Improving the travel time spent towards old locations would be a tremendous help. Staging point style costs could be one way to balance this, like you did in Aht Urgan, where you can spend 200 IS Points to Teleport to the Assault points. Teleports to BCNM locations for instance from Jueno from the guy who gives you the orb, and it could cost CP, because when you go to a BCNM you always have to walk like an hour to get there.

Sundi : Yeah, but, remember we all need to work on this. We did improve this in the last 4 years. I told them when you talk to the NPC you got to go back to the Assault areas. So there is a way and when time passes, maybe,…..
    I don’t know, wait a couple months, we will improve something.. sooooo(WTF MONTHS I THOUGHT???)
    We are not intended to easier the game, but gamewise, designwise, maybe we will.

Question 4:

Bercus : Is the development team aware that placing a telepoint or an outpost in the near east would greatly decrease the playerbase homepointing in the near east?

Sundi : I don’t know (laughed)

Bercus : Because right now you only have Teleport-Wajaom ring. That’s why the areas are so crowded there, because it’s so easy to get to Jueno and everywhere else.

Sundi : Well that’s a hard question, cause its hard to say no, cause we always need to talk to the community, to find out those problems. Every time you think about something, you know, post to the Forum, or send via a Email, we will improve it.

Question 5:
    Bercus : Will the green Teleporters in Sky ever be put to use?

Sundi : I don’t know.

Question 6 :

Bercus : Playing in full-screen mode does not prevent a person from running third-party programs, and in fact a program is available to allow 'windowed' play. Requiring full-screen mode to play the game on PC is also extremely inconvenient to those who wish to play music in the background or look up game information and announcements, or use popular voice communication programs with other players. Allowing windowed play would eliminate more third-party programs than it would enable, and would be another popular set amongst players.

One question I would like ask is why there isn’t a windower? Do you think about a feature like that?
    Many people work from home quite often and need to have AIM and Outlook open at all times ( Sundi laughed at this point hehe ; ) ) while they are on 12 hour on call status. There was a poll in a Forum, and there was the question if you do use a Windower or not and over 50% people answered yes, so already over the half of the Community are using a Windower.

Sundi : … already using a Windower…

Bercus : Yes, why isn’t there a Windower?

Sundi : Well its hard to tell, but ok… I know we cannot 100% prevent the use of a 3rd party program with our Full-Screen mode, but it will decrease the Number, its not easy to detect such tools you know.
    First of all why we have that Full Screen mode is cause of the Cross platforms, PS2 you know, has to be Full Screen Mode.

Bercus : Right.

Sundi : So that’s why …we tried to replicate(?? Didn’t understand that word) the environment.. for PS2 and also XBOX 360… that’s the whole concept. But for the PC players, that would give them a advantage, so that’s one of the reasons, I understand though that most of the players use and want a Windower, but maybe we need to convenience (don’t know how to write it >.<) few more people, but I don’t know, I still believe, there is a possibility to reallow (WAS IT EVER POSSIBLE GUYS?) Window Mode in future, we hope so, but we have to tell the Designers of the Game.

Bercus : What about Xbox 360? They can communicate with Xbox live.

Sundi : We enabled the Voice chat. Same thing. But we understand you.

Question 7:

Bercus : Since the new Areas are so packed, what about an assault area or Mission we pay for that gives us a 1:30 hour limit thats covered in mobs, we merit there for an hour and a half then time is up?

Sundi : What you mean with paying?

Bercus : Like uh…

Sundi : Money … or…

Bercus : no…

Sundi : .. gil?

Bercus : Like we do right now, Gil or lets say IS Points, because right now when I want to EXP on the weekend, there are like 10 Parties there in new Areas…

Sundi : Still?

Bercus : .. Yes its horrible, we have to go like Tuesday or Wednesday to be able to get Higher then Chain 10 or Chain 12 and before, like when the Add-On was release we were able to get Chains in the Hundreds.

Sundi : I think you already know that Aht Urgan is not fully revealed(didn’t understand it >.<, but he meant something like “perfect” from the Small talks we had b4 ) you know, Assault is same thing..

Bercus : .. You get EXP there, Assault is great…

Sundi : when we reveal everything, it will solve that…. So, this is like the early stage of Aht Urgan right now, so…. of course it’s packed… we may not change something soon, but we will do reveal…., like new Items or new features for Assault.

Question 8:

Bercus : Why are Stats like Accuray, Ranged Accuray, Magic Accuray and Ranged Attack not visible in the status window? Would it be bad for players knowing their current accuray? Is there a reason why these skills are hidden? What is the reason? Would it be possible to display these statistics again? If not, why not?

Sundi : ummm…. Maybe there is no solid reason, why we hide it… ummm… maybe a limitation or some other reason…. The question answer is, maybe I don’t know, maybe you need to ask …. Maybe I can ask the Development Team.

Question 9:
    Bercus : The current increase of storage with the mog locker is a real nice addition, but it would also be for an increase in inventory considering the amount of gear that has to be taken arround. When iam playing on Ninjas I always have to leave some important gears in my Mog House, Food,Medicine,Ninja Tools and multiple gears for slots take up all my space. Any plans to incrase inventory space? Gobbie Bag 7 and 8 Quests soon?

Sundi : We don’t have any exact plans yet..but that’s a good idea yeah.

Bercus : Mog Locker is 60 cap, and you once said the Cap is like at 80 for Mog Safe cause of the limitation of the PS2. Will the inventory be able to be upgraded to 80?

Sundi : (very long ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm) yes and no, for PS2 we still have a lot of memory limitation, you know its only a technical issue, if there is a way to solve that, yeah maybe we can solve that.

Question 10:
    Bercus : Player Immigration - The last world shift was done in purpose to balance server populations. With the servers upgraded to meet technology demands, has it been considered to set up
    a world immigration system with conditions and terms? Many other MMO games have adapted a system like this. Basically my concern is I have friends who immigrated to another server and later regretted, like I have friends from XBOX 360 Beta, and they did move to Leviathan and I play on Bahamut, and now all their friends left and they were unhappy there. So, are there plans for a ONE time Server Shift exception?

Sundi : What do you mean a one time exception?

Bercus : Because, when people can do it often, they could take advantage of that. Like Gilsellers, they could switch the Servers and buy Items on Servers where it doesn’t cost much and sell it on others where it costs a lot more. Maybe a one time exception to the Server you want to…..

Sundi … many MMOs, like Major ones offer those services for a little charge, and like EQ has a huge charge…. You want that? You really want that? (We laughed ^^)

Bercus : Yeah, because my friends had to leave their Level 53 characters on Leviathan and it took them a half year,
    Now they had to start over and are Level 19 now and if they could use the one Time Shift they would have been able to come to me with those characters and not have to start over and leave all their Items and characters there.

Sundi : I will send a few Emails about that, when we did start FF XI a few years ago…

Bercus : you could charge money…

Sundi : .. My friends are all gone (Wow did he play FF XI himself a lot at the start????) if that’s the wish of players, yes that’s possible and I am actually planning that, and hopefully soon I will provide that service.. And it could be a small fee though, small charge maybe.

Bercus : ok….

Question 11:

Bercus : Currently Puppetmaster is seen as a job that can’t compete with other Jobs. Are there plans to improve the job?
    Will Corsair get some new Rolls soon?

Sundi : We always consider all the jobs right? We will keep changing that…

Bercus : … like you changed the Merit System right?

Sundi : … so.. it takes a long time of testing, yes and no, we will change it.

Bercus : maybe some new Merits for Group 2 for PUP/BLU/COR…

Sundi : you have to take that question into the main Interview later and you can also compile those questions and mail them to my Community Manager, for the Europeans, she will compile the questions and send em to me.

Bercus : so she can translate em also into Japanese?

Sundi : .. English is fine, we will answer in English, so if you want to you can compile the questions, maybe up to ten or something and send em to us, once like every month or I don’t know..

At this point Sage Sundi had to go back to the Interview Room because the press was waiting. I know some questions might not have been in everyone’s interest, and I was just about to ask about Parade Gorget, anyway I will make sure we will get a answer regarding that Item sooner or later: P. Check out the unasked questions at the bottom later.

So we had 2 hours left. At 3:45 PM we were infront of the Room again.

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...rview/Raum.JPG

Alex Huhtala the PR Manager came out and talked to us for 15 minutes. We talked about the Convention itself. How stupid Nintendos strategy in germany was with not showing normal Costumers the new Wii-console as well as how stupid it is to not show 3 months b4 the release even a single Playstation 3 console, not even a Dummy. Anyway we also talked about further contacts to the PR, the Community Managers and the Developers.

At 4:00 PM the Interview #2 started :
    When I asked a question they all talked in Japanese and then Saori Hill answered to me in English.

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...identsundi.JPG
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ipresident.JPG
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G.../erstespic.JPG

Question 1:

Bercus : The first question is about the new Sanction effect in new areas +15% Exp and possible Refresh/Regen/Food duration is much better then Signet with Conquest Points.
    This makes exping in old areas unwanted and makes the new ToAU areas packed. The exp rate differs quite alot as well. Repops from most Treasures of Aht Urgan mobs in 5 minutes compared to 15 minutes repop of mobs in older areas is just insane.
    Is there going to be any adjustment for Signet bonuses and repop time in older Areas?
    And do you plan in putting new Rewards for Conquest Points?

Saori : I think that works for our intention to get those Areas crowded, but we wanted the people to go to the new Areas,

Bercus : But everyone goes to the new areas, cause its so cool and easy to get high chains and a get lot of exp there.

Saori : That’s what we did expect in the beginning, so now we will change that ….

Bercus : Is it possible to get a 15% EXP Addition with Signet effect on as well?

Saori : If we do that, it might be difficult that people wont come back again and only stay in the old areas then, so we need to be careful but we are looking into this.

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...frage2bild.JPG
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ildnochmal.JPG

Question 2 :

Bercus : This is a very important question, FFXI has been out for awhile now; many players are level 75 on one or multiple jobs, and the number of players with a 75 job is growing every day.

More 75 players means more demand for gear to outfit those jobs, but many of the pieces of gear, especially from King Behemoth, Aspid, Fafnir and Nidhogg drop at the same bad rate as they did 3 years ago. Like Ridill 1 to 100 (ok ok the droprate is better then 1 to 100 but come on : P)

More 75 players means more competition, and a 21-24 hour spawn window guarantees that you see daily 150 to 200 people in Dragon's Aery on more populated servers, yet only 18 players will be able to engage if they get the claim, 18 out of 150+ people for a LOW chance at fighting said monsters.

A simple reduction in the spawn timers as well as the increase of the drop rate for some items for many of these monsters would decrease the amount of people coming to these areas, as well as greatly increase the morale and general happiness of the end game community.

Saori : If we do make those changes, we have to be really careful how we will make those changes.
    If for example the old areas are overcrowded we plan to put new Notorious Monsters in the new areas. ….

Bercus : … but here comes the problem, these Items on these Mobs, are still almost the best Items, and they become easier now, because people can kill them in 10 minutes, and that’s why everyone is still there because of the low droprate, right now, after 2.5 years people still have to camp those mobs for themselves or other linkshell members. This is the problem why more and more people go there because more and more people are 75, do you maybe plan to remove such Big timers for those monsters?

(They talked to the President and also the EU global Producer)

Saori : We will maybe change the timer when the monster pops.

Bercus : I have something for you here, there is a player who designed a system, because right now only 18 people can fight those monsters. And he was thinking of making this something like Assault or Instanced Fights. This way everyone would have the chance to fight those monsters.

(I showed them the paper, with the rocks and the Entrance and the exit and explained them the way how to fight those mobs then, with getting Orbs ect, they all came really close together and they all wanted to keep the graphic already at this point: P )

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ingssystem.JPG

Bercus : This is the area where Behemot pops and you could make a entrance and a exit, and you get orbs like for Oryou Fight in Riverne Site B, this way everyone could have the chance to Fight those monsters (they started to laugh >.<).Letz say you could fight these monsters every 7 days and get in those Fights of NQ Versions Orbs for HQ Versions Fights, everyone would just have the Chance to finally fight those monsters and you could solve the problem.…

Sundi : This is a real good Idea…..

Bercus : Right now those monsters are botted by the use of 3rd party tools, Its almost always the same Linkshells who get the Claims, ok maybe most of the time 2 different linkshells get the claims,

Saori: It will be difficult to make the game easier, and we don’t plan to make the game easier….

Bercus : .. You can make them harder.. this will just give legal players the chance to be able to fight them .. Because we cant get with a fair way the claim, just give us the chance to fight those monsters. I don’t think this has anything to do with making the game easier, but give us the chance to fight said monsters.

Saori : It could be the possible design, that not everyone should be able to get those Items, and we don’t want to change that so that everyone would be able to get those Items. It would be difficult to give chance to everyone.

Bercus: But how do you want to address the increasing demand for endgame gear then, because in the past there were 30 people and now there are 200 people. So either make better Items or… did you think about that? Make better Items then 2003 Items, right now Black Belt for example is still the best waist for Monks, Ridill is the best Sword for those Melees, and the bodies from 3 Kings are still the best bodies for those 3 jobs. If you would make new gear this would give the old people the chance to get the old gear and will make the other people move on to the new Mobs. Look at Jorm or Vrtra or Tiamat… they drop no Gear to make them worth fighting.. like a Pole wit 4 DMG that attacks 2-4 times… or Tiamat with Herald Gaiters with 18% Speed, you fight those mobs 2 hours and Fafnir 10 minutes, so it has to be changed that challenging Fights give the best gear and easy fights drop decent gear and not the other way. A party of 6 players can kill Fafnir…

Saori : We will for sure try to work on balancing the game and we will definatly change something therefore soon, can we keep this paper?

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ngssystem2.JPG

Question 3:

Bercus : Do you have any Endgame planned yet for the new Expansion ToAU? Zilart has the so called “sky”, Promatia has the so called “sea”. Will we get a so called “hell” or anything like that?

(laugh)

Saori : We are really looking to see more of your ideas, it is also very interesting for us and we are also considering something new but we cant tell you anything at the moment. It might be something you are expecting or it might be something completely diffrent,

Bercus : So do you have something planned?

Saori : Yes.

Question 4:

Bercus : ULLIKUMMI !!!!!! In one of the last Version Updates you changed the pop condition for the NM Ullikummi. But we still have the same problem. The area is overcrowded at Ullikummi, several Linkshells want this NM to Fight Byakko and get the Seals for Kirin. Instead of changing the pop area, why didn’t you change the repop rate for Ullikummi to 2-2.5 hours or make it like how to pop Olla (Grande). Kill any Statue to get a Rare Item and pop Ullikummi with this Item. This will solve at least the problem our community has with Gilsellers regarding Ullikummi and also will put the Ullikummi EXP camp back to be worth it. Right now over 50% of the time Gilseller get the claim and put those Stones for 8-10M in their Bazaars because they can still monopolise it..

Can we see further improvements on Ullikummis Pop condition? Also do you think about the pop Conditions for other NMs in sky so they can’t start monopolising them?

Saori : Well monopolisation… we think it’s a separate issue with the Gilsellers, we don’t think it would be easier if we change the pop rate, the Gilsellers would still be there….

Bercus : .. yeah but we would have more chances to get the claim, right now 50% of the time Gilsellers get the Claim…..

Saori : .. So we cant really tell you the details, but we work on this issue and are really working hard to get rid of this…

Bercus : ok

Question 5:

Bercus : The Jailor NMs and the miniquests completed to spawn them are totally unique and challenging to even experienced linkshells. However, when defeated these monsters often do not drop the item required to progress to the next tier of fights. Considering the incredible challenges of the Chains of Promethia missions and the work needed to pop these monsters,

Why do they not drop expensive synthesis items and useful armor at a guaranteed rate like their cousins in Tu'Lia? And why, again unlike the tiered monsters of Tu'lia, do they not drop the items required for the next fights at a fixed 100% rate?

Nothing is worse than spending hours upon hours farming pop items and killing Jailers, to see them not drop anything other than a weapon maybe.

I remember in the interview with BG you said something will be done, yet nothing has been done
    (Sage Sundi laughed; ) )

They talked like 1 minute in Japanese; I think it was too much information at that time

Bercus : do you want me to ask again?

Sundi: yeah

Bercus : Why do they not drop Items required for the next fight at a 100% rate?

(They talked about something in Japanese and English and were mentioning the storyline of cop)

Bercus : this has nothing to do with the story…. >.<

(I think they didn’t know what I was talking about >.<)

Saori : There could have been a reason why the Development team didn’t want at this time for the mobs to drop the items 100% and we can’t really answer the question at this point.

Bercus : Can I send these questions to you via Email and you give me a answer then?

Saori : We would like to see the details about this question and answer you, yes.

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ew/frage10.JPG

Question 6 :

Bercus : Another thing is Dynamis, Assault is great, multiple people can do this at the same time, this is a change that many players have asked for and if Assault wouldn’t have been able to enter by multiple groups at the same time, many people would not be able to do those Missions. These instanced zones cause no conflicts or problems between people. If older Events such as Dynamis which are frequently the cause of conflicts because multiple linkshells want to enter the same area…

Sundi : conflicts between who….

Bercus : .. Conflicts betweenLinkshells , because they want to enter the area at the same time.
    Is it be possible to make Dynamis/Limbus Instanced, like Assault?

Saori : The concept about Assault was a completely different idea we had for, it is something we wanted you to enjoy very casually (is this word right?). And for Dynamis you really have to plan the day and you have to make a plan and preparation and it is a different type of battle and a diffrent direction we did with Assault. If we do Dynamis instantly it would also cause problems with the servers, so it would be difficult to do that.

Bercus : .. so it’s a server problem?(<.<)

Saori : If we would have bigger servers it would be probably possible, but we don’t really plan to do that.
    (it was very hard to understand the sentence here on tape>.<)

Question 7:

Bercus : Do you have any more plans for any areas along the lines of Dynamis, Assault and Limbus?
    They are amazing and we could use more battle dungeons, probably not sharing the same timers, like Assault.

Saori : there are some areas, that we haven’t released yet like I told you, so there are new areas.

Bercus : so you have something planned?

Saori : Wait for the new areas (she smiled)

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/G...ew/frage11.JPG

Question 8:

Bercus : Real Money Trade: Many characters in the game are very obviously owned and operated by Real Money Traders. The pattern of their behaviour, their login/logout times, their communication, and their actions make it completely certain that they are the property of owners who operate in violation of the terms of service. Many of these characters have been monopolizing the same sources of game income for years, many use third-party programs to out claim legitimate players, and all are participating in RMT.

When players notify GMs of these characters' actions and the absolute certainty of their ownership, they are told that the matter is being investigated. However, many dozens of these characters remain in place, dominating different areas of the game just as they have for years. This cycle of summoning GMs, being told that investigations are under way, and then seeing RMT characters remain is very disheartening, and creates a distrust of GMs on the part of legitimate players who feel they are being purposefully ignored. The removal of these RMT characters from the game would not only eliminate violations of the terms of service, but also restore faith in the company and the game’s GMs.

What can you tell us about this problem?

(I think this question was too long >.< anyway I got answers)

Saori + Sundi : (smiled), when we say we are investigating, we are investigating, maybe we don’t give responds case by case, because we just cant really do that, but the problem is, even when they are obtaining so many money, that’s not violating the rules, it doesn’t say in the rules that you cannot obtain a lot of money, that’s why we cant say, “you have done that wrong” cause its not in the rules, that’s why we have to work from a different direction, we cant really say you the details, I am sorry, but we are in work for this. And also you say camping area haven’t changed (I actually didn’t say that >.<), you know some areas have changed….

Bercus: … when do you think we see something done with RMT ? Like those players, they are still there after years. Its very obvious to us that they are gilsellers, they show us they are gilsellers, like they tell us you wont get anything blabla, or they talk in say Chinese, whatever they show us that they are Chinese gilsellers, when we can figure it out, why cant GMs figure it out or you guys? Something we wonder…

Saori : we can imagine, well we might think that these persons are gilsellers but we cant get the evidence (hope that’s the word) from that person. That is something we can guess they are gilsellers, maybe yes, but maybe not..

Toshi : And we cant say we arrest you cause you speak german..

Bercus : Haha I know, but they just don’t show us with speaking Chinese that they are gilsellers, they are rude in some way and yeah well we can be rude to (grinned), they show us in many ways they are gilsellers.

Saori : The thing is they also have plans and don’t give us evidence to ban them. We are really doing something, if you feel that we do nothing that’s not true, we are doing something and we are investigating.

Bercus : So will something be done soon?

Saori : It’s always happening

Bercus : Now you ban only the characters that store the gil…. Ah forget it letz go to the next question.

Question 9 :

Bercus : Many players who created their characters when the game was first released have poured countless hours of work into them, and to rebuild from scratch would be impossible. However, certain actions in the game are irreversible, and mistakes once made cannot be undone without the total recreation of a character.
    Like when you are a Galka and want to be a Tarutaru later.

For these players, who are among the most loyal and longest customers, it would be incredibly beneficial to allow the rewards for completion of Chains of Promathia and Rise of the Zilart (The rings and earrings respectively) to be re-chosen in some way. In addition, some rewards from the battles with the prime elemental avatars cannot be reacquired, as many have regretfully found after somehow losing theirs (through accidental use of throwing weapons or mistakes when throwing away less valuable items).

On this same topic, many players would like to ask for a one-time race change, so that their ugly Galka can become a hot Mithra. Letz say a mission or a NPC you trade your ring to and after some days you can rechose. But you can’t do that daily, more then maybe once or every half year or so.

Do we have any chances to re-chose race,gender,the Cop Ring, the Divine Might ring or other decisions?

Saori : there were some reasons, where we decided you cant change it, but like when you have black hair you cant just change it. Once chosen in game, you can’t change it. There must have been a reason for the development team to not be able to rechose.

Bercus : In real life you just go to a hair dresser and he/she colours your hair. In game you don’t think its possible

Sundi : I don’t know yet.

Question 10:
    Bercus : Right now EXP Scrolls are vastly underwhelming and mostly useless.

Can we possibly see some improvements in the future? For example 2-4k from Escort or 1-2k in Dynamis?
    Also would it be possible to get EXP from Dynamis/Limbus Mobs? You can get EXP in Assault, why is it not possible to get EXP in Dynamis.

(At this point I already was 10 minutes over the Interview so we had to stop because the press was waiting outside)

Anyway, they were nice all the time. And I know what mistakes I made, like to long questions, but it’s to late for that already, it’s done. At least we know we can ALWAYS contact they now. When the Convention is over I will hopefully get details how we want to do that. They were interested in many things, but I feel I sometimes had the wrong people there to talk to. That’s why they will get every question again sent, basically everything from the Convention. I hope the questions and answers were not too bad in some people eyes. It took me a lot of effort to first of all get all the shit together, get the Interview, write everything down ectect…. Not to forget I drove to this Convention 80% because of this Interview.

I will post the unasked questions, when people are interested to, since I want to post the Interview now.
    See you guys,

Bercus from Bahamut.

Very cool bercus. GJ!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Good job.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's always one lined answers.. it's sad.

It's even more sad when they dont realize half of this stuff is happening on their own servers. People are using windowers? People dont visit the old areas anymore? People are still camping Faf? People are fighting for dynamis?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ill sum up every answer

"We are working on it"
    "I'll talk to the developement team"
    "Wait and see"

could they get any more ambiguous?

and ill put money on your paper being used as a coaster later on >.>

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    It's always one lined answers.. it's sad.

It's even more sad when they dont realize half of this stuff is happening on their own servers. People are using windowers? People dont visit the old areas anymore? People are still camping Faf? People are fighting for dynamis?
    Jupp and you know what was more sad? I was planning to ask a lot more, after each question they were talking like a minute in Japanese and then 1-2 sentences in English. But like offered, I am pretty positive that we will get better answers via Email. At least no Auto reply for me

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Good job, and very dissapointing how they think more byakkos popped haidate will unbalance the game for the worse.

All the RMT bards on our server have haidate, wtf m8.

Bercus : .. You can make them harder.. this will just give legal players the chance to be able to fight them .. Because we cant get with a fair way the claim, just give us the chance to fight those monsters. I don’t think this has anything to do with making the game easier, but give us the chance to fight said monsters.

Saori : It could be the possible design, that not everyone should be able to get those Items, and we don’t want to change that so that everyone would be able to get those Items. It would be difficult to give chance to everyone.
    God forbid players skilled enough will have a chance at obtaining nice gear. Not everyone has a relic I can understand that but jeez 3 year old gear guys.

Is it just me or did they dance around the questions like they've done at every single interview.

ps:Good job Bercus.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

another interview where they don't really answer any questions. Oh well, at least you tried.

Ridill
    BG Level

really nice to see them actually kind of respond to kings questions... even if they did kinda revert to the same old bs in the end

great job very nice interview ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

thanks for the interview.

seems to me that these folks don't know whats going on in their game. nothing was really answered either. 'maybe, maybe not, we'll talk to the developers'.. thanks?

and it's your fucking game, you can ban someone for whatever reason you want. change the TOS to say 'if we feel you are monopolizing a notorious monster for several days/weeks/months at a time we have the right to suspend your account temporarily or indefinitely', start with warnings then bans. sure legitimate monopolizers will get caught up in this but with a warning they'll stop anyway.

i dunno, my 2 cents.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I hope they like ... put forth effort when/if they look at that HNM chart you gave em ........... won't get my hopes up though

Fantastic job~~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Sundi knows nothing....

Or knows what he has been told....

When I talked to him, I couldn't believe the lack of knowledge about this own companies' game.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, good job on the interview though; next time get there earllier! ;x

PS. Get that recording / video on the interweb somehow prease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahuran
    God forbid players skilled enough will have a chance at obtaining nice gear.
    And by "nice" you mean "the best in the game".

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice job Bercus, post the other questions!

I don't how they manage it, but these guys can sure talk a lot without actually saying much... Good job on the interview though. Real quality.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    Sundi knows nothing....

Or knows what he has been told....

When I talked to him, I couldn't believe the lack of knowledge about this own companies' game.
    Same here lol... ;; thats why I already said in another Thread those questions need other people to be asked.

There is at least one more hope. They got 30 pages of papers. Either it goes to the WC, if yes they get it via Email again, and they kinda promised to answer them then.

Also I dont know why they should offer me a 10 questions thingy, when they would not answer it then. I still have hopes.

"We will investigate your questions."

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    Nice job Bercus, post the other questions!
    I will tomorrow, right now I cant see the notes I made anymore.
    its now 15:22 and I started at 8:25..... with 30 minutes break do the math >.< how long it took me just so you guys can see 90% red lines and 10% blue lines ^^.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast