+ Reply to Thread

Thread: City of Heroes/Villains     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

City of Heroes/Villains

I was wondering, if anyone has played it.. is it any good at all?
    I am downloading the demo now, but I wanted to know beforehand if anyone actually likes playing it, lol. :D
    Thanks<3

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Quote Originally Posted by Starfire
    I was wondering, if anyone has played it.. is it any good at all?
    http://www.governorgirlieman.com/Thumbs-down.jpg

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Quote Originally Posted by mrfridays
    That is the freakiest fucking picture I have ever seen of Cali's current governor.

Eyes look so wierd.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i tried it only got a character to like 26 before i stopped. its really easy to play thru but i saw it as getting boring.

you use enhancements and combine them onto your skills to add improvements like +attack, -recast time etc. when your leveling up i found i had a lack of money to buy better ones etc.

try it though, the best part i liked about the game was the shit load of char creation options you have.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

if you are a comic book geek, it's the closest you'll get to playing a superhero. it's not perfect though and there's not an awful lot to do besides level and PVP. end-game is non-existant. it's solo friendly depending on your build.

it is fun imho, but gets repetitive easily.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ok, thanks for the input ^^
    My brother really likes it, so I thought I might give it a try. lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yea best thing is to try it 2 twice, (at least for me that is). i remember when i first tried FF7 i hated it, then i tried it again a few months later and loved it. same for FFXI i really didnt like it at first but then i got into it after i played it again a few days later.

I want it purely just for the character creation and then just not play it at all

Relic Shield
    BG Level

All I can tell you about City of Heroes/Villains is this:

Please, for the love of God. Don't make your "super power" be "Martial Arts". That shit is gay. That's not a super power.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

mrfridays you sir have someof thebest random pics I have ever seen on the forums lol at the guvanator....

Groovebox

played the trial of both for a couple hours then undeleted. I thought the game was stupid, I mean, a city full of superheroes... pretty lame concept.

my lazy obese coworker plays this game and really likes it. I wouldn't call him a role model though, and since he plays it, I stay as far away as I can.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

there used to be a character creator just like the in-game one as a standalone program used to promote the opening of COH in Korea. sadly they took it down.

I had fun with it. Took a Blaster to 50, had a Controller alt in the high 30's before I shelved the game for a while.

Definitely ask on their forums for help beforehand. It'll give you a much better idea of what you can do, rather than what you think you can do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had fun with it and flying is really awesome haha... kind of neat but it's a bit repetative. Character creation is really fun and the emotes are probably the best they have in any MMO out there.

My only problem with the game was the absolutely retarded number of kids that played it... seriously...

I played it, only got to lvl 15 before I was bored with it and couldn't stand to play it anymore. Most missions are soloable, and alot of people that play it are dumb. It was fun at first, and then it got boring being repetive. The best part of the game is creating a character. I made characters for fun and then didn't level them. This is definately a casual MMO.