Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

How do I communicate with SE?

I need someone that can direct me to a person at SE who can help me with an account issue. The thing is this: My brother and I both play on the same account. We never realized we couldn't log both content IDs in at the same time until recently. We never played at the same time. Either he was in school, or I was at work. Imagine our surprise when our schedules changed and we both had free time at the same time. I read in an interview where Sundi makes the comment that it is possible to reassign a content ID to another account, but there is no demand for it, so it is not provided as a service. I spoke with a TSR yesterday, and the guy was a complete asshole. I told him I understood why he couldn't help me, but could he direct me to someone who could. His response was to direct me to Gamestop. Meaning "buy another copy of the game, and start over." Fuck that. My brother and I have been playing these characters for two years, starting over = account termination. All the Zilart, CoP, TaOU, meriting I did to get two jobs at 75, not to mention all the farming and crafting to pay the bills... I have no problem starting another account, and buying a new ID, but I'm not just wiping mine or my bro's char. Anyway, since BG seems to have the knowledge of who to speak to at SE, I was wondering if I could get pointed in the right direction to get my problem solved.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Go to Gamestop.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Go to Gamestop.
    cute.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Straight up call them I did

Go to IGE.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Their tech service is useless, I can't imagine that their phone support is much better. They read your question and then give you a pre-scripted response, then talk to you like trash when you ask if you can speak to a super.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

youre telling me in two years of playing you never tried to log in at the same time? o.o; wow

But ya I know other people who had this issue where they only had one ps2 at the time and figured they could seperate it later, I've never heard about them getting their own IDs. So you're probably screwed :/

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

It's two years now since we started playing. I got off night shift about... 6 months ago? I've been trying since then to get this worked out, but my emails aren't responded to, and tech support just gives me the "fuck off" responses; I've been hitting them up about twice a month for a while now. One asshole told me it was company policy, and would stay that way until changed, but wouldn't answer me when I asked who I could speak to about that policy. This has been said before, but SE's customer support is really lacking.

New Merits
    BG Level

Go to Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com if you too lazy.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

I think... think I said I got useless replies from TSRs about Gamestop... seriously, I didn't come here for fucking comedic relief. Going to Gamestop doesn't solve my problem.

Edit: I have two 75 jobs, Zilart finished, CoP almost done, and piles of merits. While not the most stellar of characters by any means, it was a lot of work. What the fuck kind of thinking is it to suggest that I wipe my character and start over? Please, if all you have to say is something like that, just keep your cocksucker closed.

What else is there to say? You're fucked. You're not going to get the answer you're looking for because it's not there. Start over or quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah
    I have two 75 jobs, Zilart finished, CoP almost done, and piles of merits. While not the most stellar of characters by any means, it was a lot of work. What the fuck kind of thinking is it to suggest that I wipe my character and start over? Please, if all you have to say is something like that, just keep your cocksucker closed.
    That's why you have to get your brother to wipe his :wink:

Banned.

BG Level

SE said they would allow account splitting in the future. Nothing has come up yet and its still impossible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There's nothing they'll do about it, Mel. You and your bro just have to work around your schedules. =/

New Merits
    BG Level

http://www.ebay.com Buy a char and solve your problems.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

husband/wife in my LS had your same problem, they tried over and over again to get the accounts split. Even told SE that they were dumb if they didnt split them, they were loosing out on a potential extra $12 a month not doing it. The wife had to start a new account and do everything all over again.

the people replying aren't just trying to be smart asses...they are telling you the honest truth with a bit of smart ass on the side.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

http://presurfer.meepzorp.com/graphics/horsehead.gif

The best kind of message comes in the form of a Horses Head.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

please ban that dumbfuck Ddong, like BRP said in the interview thread all he does is post useless shit.

On topic, a friend of mine on Shiva had the same problem with him and his girlfriend, long story short SE did dick all. Good luck

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    http://www.ebay.com Buy a char and solve your problems.
    You sir are a asshole ^^ did you read the new sticky yet?

Real simple. FFXI doesn't split accounts. Start a new one, save the gear from the old character. PL the new one with your brother. You'll be up to snuff fairly quick.

If this ticks you off, imagine the headache you might get if someone got your account PW/info (gogo new "MrArgus" keylogger scam) and split your account for you. Taking all your stuff with him and using your account to spam that malware-ridden POS until you log in to the bansticking.

(Multiple people on one account is asking for it. Start the second one over.)