Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Questions not beeing asked

New Thread to split the discussions:

Those questions were not asked, cause to the Limit of time, I didn’t expect to have.
    I had total 3 sheets of paper, with Questions for the Main Interview, some asking after/before ect, but here they are together.
    Anyway I will still ask them, no matter if people like them or not, except a few that I implemented in the discussions already. Also a few questions were are not listed, since I weeded out a lot already.

I hope to hear from them soon after the Convention, I already sent some of them a Mail. If I get no responds till my vacation for 3 weeks in September in California, they will for sure get a Mail before I leave and the time I get back to germany. Like I said, they wont get rid of us now. Also I still think they are interested in what feedback we can give them, since bettering the game will prevent people quitting.

(Oh I talked about that with them also, that many of my friends did quit the game ectect cause of many things not being changed in the Game)

Question :
    Bercus : Are the developers aware that players that have all the outposts (including hard to get ones like beginner zones) are basically unable to switch nations and enjoy the other nations storyline and content due to the fact that they would lose all their outposts?

Question :
    Bercus : Many people complain they would like to have time extensions laid around the zone in the new Chains of Promathia zones, so they can spend more time inside. The maximum time in the old Dynamis is 3,5 hours, the maximum time in new Dynamis is 2 hours. We are missing 1,5 hours that we would like to have.
    Also the drop rate in the New Dynamis is VERY bad. Sometimes we go out with not a single AF2 or AF2+1

Is anyting planned or possible to do for the future?

Question :
    Bercus : Why is there such a bias against solo activities in the game? The only real event that is designed to be done by one person, the level 60 solo ENM, has no rewards of decent monetary value and only sometimes drops a job specific item that is not even useful for every job. (Such as Enchantment: MP recovered while healing +3

Can we have improved and more solo activities?

Question :
    Bercus : I would like to ask something about the Parade Gorget. I understand normally SE would not answer questions regarding mysteries/game achievements. This piece of gear is different.
    It has been sighted on the Ifrit server on 3 different characters, and a fourth has just been discovered. All other servers have been trying for 8-12 months attempting to discover the requirements to obtain this piece of gear, but there has been no luck. There are 50-60 pages long Threads on various Forums, but noone can find it out since a year.

Are there plans to give hints how to pop the NM (I think Goblin Wolfman) for this Item or make it more visible for us players?

Question :
    Bercus : In addition, the battlefields 'Ouryu Cometh' and 'The Wyrmking Descends' are extremely popular because of the nature of the entry requirements (Uncapped ENMs do not usually lead to competition between players), the challenge of the fights, and the high quality of the rewards. In particular the battle with Bahmut is considered by many players to be the hardest single fight in the game, and the rewards are very nearly in line with that estimation. To be honest please add more fights like these.
    Also there are so many areas you could put HNMs in it. What about Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Beaucedine Glacier, Meriphataud Mountains, Sea Serpent Grotto, Xarcabard, or one of the Jungles or one more HNM in one of the new areas? I could imagine another Wyrm in Beaucedine Glacier for example.

Do you have current plans for more awesome Fights like this?

Question :
    Bercus : In regards to Besieged, which started out as a tremendous success and welcome addition, has been plagued by a few factors. Not mentioning massive player lag, which is understandable. One major problem the players have is with besieged monsters who are obviously bugged, using manuevers such as "Radiant Breath", hitting multiple targets for upwards of 10,000 damage. No player could possibly think to withstand such attacks, also including monsters using "Mijin Gakure", as well as in particular, Skeletons in the undead raid of Al Zhabi, utilizing the blood saber manuever and absorbing several thousand HP in one move (often restoring the skeleton from having a sliver of HP to being at 100% again). Are there any plans to specifically adjust these unbalancing factors in Besieged? (possible drain cap on blood saber, install a maximum damage for such moves as radiant breath and mijin gakure to only do a certain amount of damage).

Question :
    Bercus : The new Notorious Monsters, Cerberus, Hydra and the new Beastman Kings, are also very interesting fights, and require large alliances of well-prepared players to defeat. However, their drops are so low in value that after only a few weeks there is no longer any competition to obtain them. Instead, players return to the Dragon's Aery, Behemoth's Dominion, and Valley of Sorrows to attempt to claim the monsters there. The same can be said, to a slightly lesser extent, of the Notorious Monster Wyrms added in CoP, Tiamat, Vrtra, and Jorgumand.

It would add to the balance of the game if rewards for such challenging events were increased, and if new equipment was made available that would reduce the demand for items from easier battles. If armor that was more useful than that dropped by older monsters was added to harder fights, more experienced players would try to aquire it and leave the newer players to obtain the older equipment before moving on.

Why do you put such amazing fights, like Vrtra, Tiamat, Jorm, Hydra, the new Beastman Kings for no reward? Are there plans to change it?

Question :
    Bercus : A BC99 uncapped with drops equivalent to KS30 battles would allow players to expend their seals without having to aquire level capped equipment. Also New KS99s could be used to obtain Abjurations.

Are there any current plans to add uncapped Beastmen Seals Battles or new BCNM/KSNMs?

Question :
    Bercus : Right now you can carry only one Orb to a Burning Circle. It takes 30-45 minutes to go back to Jueno and run back to the BC. Also you can’t see after the Orb has been used that it was used.Is it possible to make Orbs (Ex) or make them stackable and just let them dissapear once they have been traded to the Burning Circle?

Are there plans to change how the use of Orbs work?

Also, yes I did mention a lot of suggestions in the questions. And that had reasons. To give them Ideas how to solve stuff. How would for example this sound

instead of

Bercus : Right now you can carry only one Orb to a Burning Circle. It takes 30-45 minutes to go back to Jueno and run back to the BC. Also you can’t see after the Orb has been used that it was used.Is it possible to make Orbs (Ex) or make them stackable and just let them disappear once they have been traded to the Burning Circle?

Thank you for reading. I will let you guys know when I get a answer from the SE – people.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

To be perfectly honest, I think we can already guess their answers to all of those questions if the last set were anything to go by.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    To be perfectly honest, I think we can already guess their answers to all of those questions if the last set were anything to go by.
    Too true. They have even answered a few of those questions in previous interviews. I believe that during the Fanfest the Outpost question was brought up and we got the typical, "We are looking into that..." answer. Your other questions seem well thought out but, when have we gotten a straight answer from SE? It takes 3 years to get them to finally answer a question, so see you in 2009.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think that if they were to better phrase the questions, you'd get much better responses. The question i really wanted to see SE's response too was the one about '3kings > COP wyms + TAU HNM' question. And the op here did a much better job at phrasing the question here then in the real interview. It's just as much of a fault as the interviewer's responsiblitie to phrase and ask good questions as it is the interviewee to give good answers. Not saying they didn't do a good job. But phrasing those long ass questions, really hurt the interview.

Also when doing this type of interview you should really ask, "why have you guys decided to do things this way" rather then a offensive suggestion based questions. Just some things to think about when doing interviews. You'l get better responses when your not suggesting, but rather inqiring w/ short and to the point questions. When you got all this wordage and multiple points in one question the interviewee can get away with some random answer thats general towards the question's multiple points; rather than giving a real answer to one specific question.

What I'd like to see more than anything is a translation of the endgame JP fanbase asking questions to SE.... fuck this NA -> JP interviews their all crap. And it's not -all- the interviewee's fault for such crap answers.

Sorry this isn't totally on the topic of the thread, but if you are to ask these questions at a later date size em down and focus on one specific thing, or phrase them so it's not going in 5 different directions imo

-WP-

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpriest
    Also when doing this type of interview you should really ask, "why have you guys decided to do things this way" rather then a offensive suggestion based questions.
    I'd love to know their explanation for the progress, or lack there of, in this game. I like the whole 3-8 day random spawn of the wyrms, and 2-3(?) days for Cerb. They have the right idea, but there is absolutely no progress with equipment! At this point in the game, adaberk should be a "well, if you cant get <omg awesome armor>, adaberk is a good alternative." I think Ryko's sig sorta sums up what I'm trying to say.

Re: Questions not beeing asked

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Question :
    Bercus : Why is there such a bias against solo activities in the game? The only real event that is designed to be done by one person, the level 60 solo ENM, has no rewards of decent monetary value and only sometimes drops a job specific item that is not even useful for every job. (Such as Wyvern Regen)
    Try that instead.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I agree. Actually this reply was just a flimsy excuse to point out you stole my sig idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bigrussta/sheepsonglol.jpg

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh damn, BTB is alive.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question :
    Bercus : The new Notorious Monsters, Cerberus, Hydra and the new Beastman Kings, are also very interesting fights, and require large alliances of well-prepared players to defeat. However, their drops are so low in value that after only a few weeks there is no longer any competition to obtain them. Instead, players return to the Dragon's Aery, Behemoth's Dominion, and Valley of Sorrows to attempt to claim the monsters there. The same can be said, to a slightly lesser extent, of the Notorious Monster Wyrms added in CoP, Tiamat, Vrtra, and Jorgumand.

It would add to the balance of the game if rewards for such challenging events were increased, and if new equipment was made available that would reduce the demand for items from easier battles. If armor that was more useful than that dropped by older monsters was added to harder fights, more experienced players would try to aquire it and leave the newer players to obtain the older equipment before moving on.

Why do you put such amazing fights, like Vrtra, Tiamat, Jorm, Hydra, the new Beastman Kings for no reward? Are there plans to change it?
    This question should've been first on your list, and you shouldve asked it 17 times.

Make it happen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Question :

This question should've been first on your list, and you shouldve asked it 17 times.

Make it happen.
    Ya this question should be first on the list, and with a note that this is the most important problem with the game. Waiting for a year for new content and battles and then given mobs like Hydra that drop gear that isn't even good enough to wear situationally is very demoralizing and makes people quit the game.

Oh and I think you spelled Jormungand wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The area was created with comments in mind that Dynamis requires too much time and too many people, and as a result, Limbus was made comparatively less demanding. However, Limbus is rather straightforward, and players who have already conquered Dynamis may find the area lacking in excitement. Therefore, we have decided to release new Dynamis areas for advanced players.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/top...tion/1128.html

The dynamis question is pretty much answered there. They talk about the small numbers and lower time commitment that they set for Limbus to be transferred to Dynamis to keep the benifits and add a new challenge.

On a side note, Tiamat/Jormungand/Vrtra used to be more about the challenge of the kill and less about what actually drops. But since most shells can drop Tia easily, and Jorm/Vrtra aren't really worth more than one kill to prove you can do it, they should expand the pools. Keeping in mind that there is already a rush to claim Tia on most servers.

Can we get something asked about crafting? Ya know the most widely participated source of gil creation? The system that has more dead markets than profit markets percentage wise? Ya know, the topic no one ever touches on?

Can we say overhaul?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesjustice
    Can we get something asked about crafting? Ya know the most widely participated source of gil creation? The system that has more dead markets than profit markets percentage wise? Ya know, the topic no one ever touches on?

Can we say overhaul?
    Seriously, how you can you bitch when you have that many ways to make money?

Can we say "whining about profit margins and too lazy to look for money makers"?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

actually, unless you're making consumables, crafting is a pretty shitty form of gil these days.

Whats the point of making expensive tier0 items, if everyones too cheap these days to bother buying them ??

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Whats the point of making expensive tier0 items, if everyones too cheap these days to bother buying them ??
    It's really too bad everyone seems to be blind to the fact that there's more out there than tier0.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

My Question:

"The NPC Fellow was a fun addition to the game. We all enjoyed seeing our little friend grow & change. We all enjoyed having them around to help us do things on our own. Sadly we cannot enjoy any of the new content with our Fellows.

Do you have any plans to allow our NPCs to be called in ToAU areas? If not can you explain why."

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    actually, unless you're making consumables, crafting is a pretty shitty form of gil these days.

On my server most of the good consumable money makers have long since been overrun by RMT. Or, as SE would describe them "players willing to craft 24x7 for months on end with no food or rest because they're more dedicated."

Ignore the random 4-6 letter nonsense names, that means nothing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If you really want them to wake up and take things seriously, don't show up. Repeating the same questions just gets a repeat of the same answers.

SE will go into an absolute panic when people give up and quit bothering to interview them and they see the end is near. Sage Sundi will be told to go get his ass out into the public NOW. To listen to players for input, and implement *any* and *all* changes to make the fanbase happy and paying. Or he can go find himself a job mopping floors in a sushi bar.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well alot of you are expecting FFXI to make changes that are related progression wise to WoW. The time sinks already involved in FFXI place it in a bad state already. Well as far as putting all the end game armor direct drops off an instanced encounter (3 Kings in BC form). This is nice, but if the pop items/bc entry items (even if they are rare/ex) are dropped off of a HNM/NM with a higher drop rate than the others... that item can be a choke point and can and most likely will be monopolized. Also SE will most likely extend the timesink via droprate on the 3 kings bc item making it really fucking rare in most cases to even get the drop. I wouldn't expect true progression beyond the current 3 Kings gear, because SE claims it is already powerful enough. They simply do not want to update FFXI enough and do enough end game content updates to do that.

Well at least it will make the zones where we claim the monsters that drop the items that allow access to the 3 Kings type fights with the drops less laggy with less people. Well hopefully if you expect people to not be dicks and farm them hardcore especially if they are on different timers. Also this is assuming they make changes that are in line with this type of thinking. At least it will be fun to watch and complain about, and no matter what people will find something else to bitch about.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

i'm upset my obi question isnt there =(

You need to realize that these people don't speak English fluently, there's no real point in phrasing a question out like that. You need to simplify it down to one-line questions like:

HNMs added in the last 2 expansions drop nothing good and are rarely camped, while HNMs added 2 years ago in the RoZ Expansion drop the best items in the game and are camped every single day. Why don't the more difficult NMs drop better items?