+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    5 MP saves people now?
    5 MP makes Magnetic Earring obsolete in an MP setup.
    No point talking to you since you think 5 MP > conserve MP. Nice priorities you have there.
    You can cast some mean Poison's with that 5 mp .

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    You can cast some mean Poison's with that 5 mp .
    i loled irl

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

5 MP saves people now?
    No point talking to you since you think 5 MP > conserve MP. Nice priorities you have there.
    Of course not, Conserve MP is a great trait. Its just utterly useless to boost it with gear, imo. Not noticeable, not worthwhile. Its a throw-in stat on gear, not what makes the gear good.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

5 MP saves people now?
    Of course not, Conserve MP is a great trait. Its just utterly useless to boost it with gear, imo.
    So lets say you have hmm.. "Clear mind" for example, would you not bother boosting it?

There's only 1 peice of gear that boosts conserve MP, and that's this earring (arguably you can include the Water ring, but that gear activates only once per 8 hours, so it hardly counts). I dont see why picking this just for conserve MP when there's no real earrings for the normal blm to choose from aside from molda/abyssal or molda/int or molda/CoP.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

5 MP saves people now?
    Of course not, Conserve MP is a great trait. Its just utterly useless to boost it with gear, imo.
    So lets say you have hmm.. "Clear mind" for example, would you not bother boosting it?

There's only 1 peice of gear that boosts conserve MP, and that's this earring (arguably you can include the Water ring, but that gear activates only once per 8 hours, so it hardly counts). I dont see why picking this just for conserve MP when there's no real earrings for the normal blm to choose from aside from molda/abyssal or molda/int or molda/CoP.
    Phantom+1 gives a White Border, and makes people ooh and aah.

But seriously, imo theres just better for every specialized situation. I cant think of a situation where id chose Conserve MP+5 over the skill/int/mp/hMP/useful-stat-here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I have yet to do this BC, mostly because none of these earrings excite me. If I am on BLM I will be wearing Morion +1 and Moldy for damage, or toss in Elemental for skill, if I am on NIN I will be wearing Suppa and Brutal, if I were on RNG I would kill myself because lolRNG.

Really the only earring that I could even see myself using would be static for the e-peen magic bursts.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I picked Magnetic for the Conserve MP really. hMP+1 means I could throw Boroka in my storage for the odd chance I do a lv50-60-70 cap fight, I havent touched it since "Obtained: Magnetic Earring".

IMO, Blm's who focus solely on dmg instead of survability, MP management, enmity, etc are exactly like a guy who sticks it in a girl (or guy in Niro/Sept's cases) and bust within 30 seconds.

If you're getting loq, i'd go for static. I know you didnt even mention it, but you did list BLM first and wanting an earring for BLU, and i think you're arent considering a very good choice. It will make your abyssal situational, and if you use loq. instead of abyssal, possibly obsolete, but hey that's what you get for choosing abyssal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Fast cast is calculated at the start of the casting of a spell. DMG is calculated at the end of the cast. with some clever /wait & /equip macros I can use Rostrums & AF2 boots + Loq. & Abysall and reap the benefits of both Fast Cast and +INT. added bonus added to MB meh is a joke i only ever use Sorcerer's Gloves for Dark Magic and i see very little use on it for BLU except to MB MP drainkiss.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sup Neko, I have blm and rdm lvled as well and I chose the Static Earring, here's why:

1) The added MB damage varies from 150-250+ damage, which is pretty awesome. Peak damage = Epeen, MB = fun.

2) Someone told me that Conserve MP only helps on the mp that it saves, and not the proc. rate (I'm not sure about this)

3) You already have lots of earrings, this is an easy macro-in earring and has the best use for your jobs. This earring acts like the Uggy Pendant in a sense; and we all love our Uggy Pendants.

Go for the Static earring and reach for the stars!!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Static Earring is only good for certain HNM's (The ones that you happen to use skillchains on), and XP PT's that you happen to use skillchains...

Magnetic earring is good for every spell you cast.

Code:
    Magnetic Earring : 
        * MP +20
        * Conserve MP +5
        * Spell Interruption Rate -8%
        * MP Regeneration While Healing +1
    RDM or WHM main healing or resting, BLM nuking.
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7501
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7020
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7021
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6544
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/2093
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6239
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8295

Why is that earring better than any of the above, for any of the situations you just said.
    I'm not a mage in the slighest, but I'd guess that if you are going for a Conserve MP build, this earring kicks the shit out of the ones you listed. Probably because no earring you listed has a conserve MP trait.

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    Fast cast is calculated at the start of the casting of a spell. DMG is calculated at the end of the cast. with some clever /wait & /equip macros I can use Rostrums & AF2 boots + Loq. & Abysall and reap the benefits of both Fast Cast and +INT. added bonus added to MB meh is a joke i only ever use Sorcerer's Gloves for Dark Magic and i see very little use on it for BLU except to MB MP drainkiss.
    You're macro swapping earrings? Seriously? I don't have a billion slots of equipment space, I don't know about you, but I pick 2 or 3 earrings and have the rest in moghouse because there is other gear that matters more. I haven't bothered getting my AN earring because none of them are worth taking up mog space. Eventually if I get one though it would probably be ethereal because it gives something unique, and situationally it can be very powerful, while the other earrings tend to give negligeable benefits.

unless you really plan to level up PLD or DRG, the etherial earring isn't all that good for other jobs.

This earring while tanking alot of things gives enough MP that most PLDs I know call it "Vermillion's Cloak on my ear" and the hp lost from using a better hp earring isn't all that bad, cause this earring has 15hp

and the cause of drg well, it turns thier solo up so many notchs (but lets face it not many people play drg or will ever play drg)

I took magnetic myself, now that I've leveled drg I wish I got etherial but I'm not gonna live in regret about it. Magnetic is still an amazing earring, the conserve MP kicks in very rarely but it's enough to make it probably in the top 3 if not the #1 mage earring over-all.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    You're macro swapping earrings? Seriously? I don't have a billion slots of equipment space, I don't know about you, but I pick 2 or 3 earrings and have the rest in moghouse because there is other gear that matters more. I haven't bothered getting my AN earring because none of them are worth taking up mog space. Eventually if I get one though it would probably be ethereal because it gives something unique, and situationally it can be very powerful, while the other earrings tend to give negligeable benefits.
    that was my reasoning behind advising people to get the Suppanomimi. whenever you're offered a chance at a unique stat, or a stat that's unique to that particular slot, i'd suggest grabbing that item ASAP, even if you don't have the perfect job for it yet. people who got the abyssal earring because they couldn't afford a phantom+1 or a bushonomimi because they couldn't afford a triumph at the time regret it now.

if you look at it completely objectively, the ethereal earring is the best earring of the set.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

most jobs take advantage of dual wield though...

war/nin
    thf/nin
    nin
    pld/nin trying to buffer
    whm/nin soloing LOL
    rdm/nin soloing LOL
    drk/nin
    blu/nin

how many jobs would take advantage of etherael:
    pld tanking HNM's
    drg soloing

rdm soloing involves not taking dmg and wearing the mob out. cant covert dmg to mp if you're taking 0 dmg.

But if you're refering to unique stats, Magnetic Earring has a stat unique to earrings: Conserve MP. There are less than a hand full of items that give Conserve MP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You guys talk about unique stats... "Added damage to Magic Burst" is pretty unique and badass on a earring slot.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

An honest Conserve MP set...

actually lets start by showing this: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/list-by ... serve%20MP

10 Items boost Conserve mp, three of which are just HQ'd pieces, which means theres 7 unique items that boost Conserve MP. Of those 7 unique pieces, two of them are body pieces, two of them are boots. Which leaves us with: Water Ring, Sorc Sabots(+1) or Genie/Igqira Hurhahchhehs, Magnetic Earring, Duendie Cotehardie or Genie/Igqira Weskit and Aries Subligar. Of those pieces, only the Weskit, Sorcerer's Sabots and Magnetic Earring are worth wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    You guys talk about unique stats... "Added damage to Magic Burst" is pretty unique and badass on a earring slot.
    How often do you use MB's ??

and http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/4398 , those are better for MB's than Zenith+1 fyi. So all it takes is to find out what the MAB on Static Earring is.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    But if you're refering to unique stats, Magnetic Earring has a stat unique to earrings: Conserve MP. There are less than a hand full of items that give Conserve MP.
    And in one of the previous threads someone tested +5 conserve MP and it gave negligeable results.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I kind of want an ethereal to try with nin/drk build.