+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I still hopelessly cheer for FSU Seminoles, though lately I have been forced to root for Miami (my older sister goes there) and for Florida (my younger sister goes there)...if anything it always makes for interesting convos when our teams play each other even if none of them are not ranked (usually all three are in the top 25 anyways) they always make for fantastic games.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setats
    Can't wait for the OSU v. Michigan game. Michigan always has a way of fucking up OSU's perfect season even when they have a poor team.

My prediction/hope: OSU national champs!
    This was true under John Cooper. Tressel is 4-1 against UM, including his first season where Michigan was supposed to destroy us. Smith is 2-0 against UM as QB.

The biggest concern for me as a Buckeye this year is not UM (our coach has their number), not Texas (no Young).....its Penn State.

Jujubie

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Can't wait for the OSU v. Michigan game. Michigan always has a way of fucking up OSU's perfect season even when they have a poor team.

I hope they keep Lloyd Carr as coach of Michigan for the next 30 years with his wonderful track record against us. Really love his game plans el oh el

Carr is an idiot!

But I still say GO BLUE! (If Michigan doesn't win, I don't care who does as long as it ISNT Ohio State!)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Big Ten

The Big Ten is where it is at this year...

1) Iowa
    2) OSU
    3) PSU
    4) Mich
    5) Minn
    6) Wisc
    7) Indiana (GO FUCKING HOOSIERS!!!!)
    8) MSU
    9) Northwestern
    10) Purdue
    11) UofI

And you can take these ranks to the bank

Akiron

I will be watching although I am secretly waiting for the Huskers to become a power house again. Bill Callahan is not the right coach for that school >< But as far as the national championship goes I hope ND wins it. I dont see how people rate USC so goddamn high I think they are gonna have a sub-par year this year. Not only are they gonna have a QB issue they lost thier starting and back up running backs and some key players on defence look for the stomping this year.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland

This was true under John Cooper. Tressel is 4-1 against UM, including his first season where Michigan was supposed to destroy us. Smith is 2-0 against UM as QB.

The biggest concern for me as a Buckeye this year is not UM (our coach has their number), not Texas (no Young).....its Penn State.
    Without a doubt, hard to forget what happened last year against PSU. It's rare that I see another team that's actually faster than Ohio State, but last year, Penn State was. Although, Iowa looks to be pretty dangerous this year too, and I'm sure they'll be gunning for us after an embarrasing loss last year.

I'm most looking forward to Ohio State and Texas. I was at the game last year, was one of the best games I've ever been to until the craptacular ending (2002 Michigan being the best one...<3 getting maced on the field after the game haha).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wish that ESPN would stop verbally blowing ND so much. I can only takes about 45 ND stories a week, and it seems like they've gone far beyond that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How does Iowa State almost lose to Toledo in triple overtime???

. . .

They have a long season ahead of them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

GO Hurricanes!!!! The U baby

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland

Without a doubt, hard to forget what happened last year against PSU. It's rare that I see another team that's actually faster than Ohio State, but last year, Penn State was. Although, Iowa looks to be pretty dangerous this year too, and I'm sure they'll be gunning for us after an embarrasing loss last year.

I'm most looking forward to Ohio State and Texas. I was at the game last year, was one of the best games I've ever been to until the craptacular ending (2002 Michigan being the best one...<3 getting maced on the field after the game haha).
    One of my favorite moments was from 2003....the Marshall game. Should have never been close, but the ending was nothing short of spectacular. Ties up, 3 secs on the clock, OSU lining up for a longshot of a 57 yrd field goal (or was it longer...can't remember...but it was long as fuck). Marshalls coaches were prepping for OT.

The look on their head coaches face when Nugent drills it with distance to spare....that was the definiative "WTF!" face.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    1. USC
    2. Cal
    3. Oregon
    4. UCLA
    5. Oregon State
    6. Arizona State
    7. Washington Sate
    8. Arizona
    9. Washington
    10. Stanford
    Interesting, my Pac-10 is going to be as follows:

1. Cal, 2. USC, 3. ASU, 4. Oregon, 5. UCLA, 6. Washington, 7. OSU (TAKE THAT BYRD 8) ) 8. Arizona, 9. WSU, 10. Stanford.

I'm choosing Cal over USC because Cal can and will beat USC, mainly with their defense. John David Booty won't be able to handle some of the big games imo, not against an experienced team like Cal.

Also, me being the Husky fan that I am, know that last year was Willingham's first year back in the Pac-10 as was the 3rd coach in 4 years. Now that the players know what to expect and there is an atmosphere of confidence behind both the offense and the defense.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Thursday :D
    How about Cal getting spanked by TN. Next week big game Ohio State vs TX. It was also good to see that you can pass against ND because their secondary is about the same caliber it was last year

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    I wish that ESPN would stop verbally blowing ND so much. I can only takes about 45 ND stories a week, and it seems like they've gone far beyond that.
    Maybe because they are returning...everyone, and have the best quarterback in NCAA football?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Maybe because they are returning...everyone, and have the best quarterback in NCAA football?
    And because they beat soooo many good teams last year....ohwait. But...but...they ALMOST beat USC!!!!1!!

Returning an unproven offense (they sucked once they played a team with actual defense) and a shitty defense (how many billion yards did OSU put up against them in the Fiesta bowl again?) doesn't equal #2 rank and heisman talk.

Also, didn't you watch their game on Sat? The number 2 team in the nation doesn't barely beat an unranked GT. And don't go try to build up GT as a great team, they're a middle of the pack one at best.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Penn State is going to put ND in their place next week.

And because they beat soooo many good teams last year....ohwait. But...but...they ALMOST beat USC!!!!1!!

Returning an unproven offense (they sucked once they played a team with actual defense) and a shitty defense (how many billion yards did OSU put up against them in the Fiesta bowl again?) doesn't equal #2 rank and heisman talk.

Also, didn't you watch their game on Sat? The number 2 team in the nation doesn't barely beat an unranked GT. And don't go try to build up GT as a great team, they're a middle of the pack one at best.
    That's not quite fair. GaTech is a very good team...that loses to crappy teams. They'll beat Miami or FSU...then lose to Duke. So I was not surprised that they almost beat ND. That said...ND fucking sucks, and Weis needs to put down the deep fried twinkie and coach some football.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

That's not quite fair. GaTech is a very good team...that loses to crappy teams. They'll beat Miami or FSU...then lose to Duke. So I was not surprised that they almost beat ND. That said...ND fucking sucks, and Weis needs to put down the deep fried twinkie and coach some football.
    Weiss took someone else's recruiting class, turned it into a 9-3 team, almost knocking off the best team in college football. Poor defense, cmon, how many total yards did GATech get, 250? Converted what? 2 first downs on third down? Notre Dame played like shit, however, historically, they go into GAtech and get beat. I wasnt really surprised at all it was a close game. With that said, they play 3 top25 teams, 2 of which are at home. One of those are penn state, who took a hell of a hit, losing a great defense and QB tp the draft. The other 2 will be tests though. One at home against Michigan, the other on the road at USC. Im still taking notre dame to go to the national chamionship against ohio state.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    qft

So did the guy before him...and he got fired.

Seriously, he jsut got a 10 extension for doing the same thing the guy before him did (except Ty made the BCS)...so yes, I would say he needs to start coaching some football and stop pounding cookie dough.

Oh, and it's not hard to shut down an offense with a 5'8" qb. GaTech has 1 playmaker on offense...so if you double cover him, you win.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    If PSUs offense is anything like it was last week we will. The only thing they did poorly was run blocking. The offensive line was giving great pass protection but didn't open up holes for Hunt at all.

And I wish our D would switch back to a 4-3...I didn't think it looked so great as a 3-4, and I think we'll be able to put more pressure on Quinn with a 4-3. The secondary was a little under par too...but a lot of the problems I saw can be attributed to the fact that it rained since 5 the night before the game and kept raining the entire game. That said...I hear the forcast is rain in ND next week. I'd say advantage = PSU. Every game Morelli has played has been in the rain.

So, this weekend is a big one. (Bigger then last week by a lot imo) so which are you guys most excited for?

LSU/Auburn, Florida/Tennessee, Michigan/ND, Nebraska/USC, or Miami/Louisville? :O or something more local?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast