Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    Axil's sig is made of win <3 that show
    R.I.P. Arrested Deveopment. I hope Fox is happy that they cancelled it for an EBaumsworld TV show. :/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am I the only one who read that they wiped before reaching 95%, and everything was sealed before getting it that low a second time?

Whats with all the 'magic mark' talk.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Am I the only one who read that they wiped before reaching 95%, and everything was sealed before getting it that low a second time?

Whats with all the 'magic mark' talk.
    I think thats what Mdn was getting at in his post, in which some people took the wrong way and it became a flame war.

I wasn't up there to watch, but it sounded like it wasnt at 95% yet when it stopped 2 houring, and it stopped more when they simultaniously killed all the wyverns again at some point.

Would be nice to have more clarification on which it was though.. I didn't feel like asking earlier because everyone was a bit touchy

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Welcome to FFXI. nin pld rdm brd whm blm smn, there I just named 95% of any alliance for anything endgamish.
    Missing the THF playing PSP/Nintendo DS till mob is low HP

ok might well as clear it up

timeline.

1. Popped JOL
    2. Killed Jol and Av popped
    3. Used lvl1 jobs to hold it while we setup parties and rested.
    4. 1rst attempt at Blm ga 3ing the wyvern to death 1 escaped and wipe
    Notethe escaped wyvern was killed a mintue or 2 later before the wipe was total)
    5. recovery efforts and lvl 1 jobs held it again
    6. Began 2nd attempt at AV. Wyvern repopped blm ga 3 again missing 1
    7. recovery efforts and lvl 1 jobs held it again
    Note( Av was up with 1 wyvern)
    8. We made our 3rd attempt. we killed the wyvern.
    9. It resummoned again. This time the blm aga 3 did it within a few seconds of each and all 3 were dead.
    10. To us Av was sealed now. No 2hrs no spells no big tp moves no more wyvern.
    11. We start tanking it trying to figure out how to stop its regen.
    12. The occasional Mb was doing nothing to stop its regen we could barely get it down to 98%.
    13. We start burning mbs and sam wses and swithcing blm parties in.
    14. Somewhere between 97% and 95% its regen started to slow and we could handle Av.
    15. Took us 1hr to drop it from 90s % to 0%

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All of that implies that it has to do with finally killing all of the wyverns...but hasn't that already been proven to not fully seal it?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    All of that implies that it has to do with finally killing all of the wyverns...but hasn't that already been proven to not fully seal it?
    I think that gets back to the old discussion where people feel its some chance to seal them when you kill them all off.

Sounds like the roadmap for this guy is pretty clear:

1) hold with level 1 job till your group is situated on the correct jobs
    2) Pull the wyverns together away from everything else with a job who can stand there taking the hits for 30 seconds while BLMs -ga them all at the sametime
    3) When wyverns are all dead, DL style rush AV pushing him down below 95 or 96 or 97% to break his regen quickly

After that it sounds like something a single alliance can kill like Kirin. The last few AV kills seem to all have that same roadmap to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Turlos.
    3) When wyverns are all dead, DL style rush AV pushing him down below 95 or 96 or 97% to break his regen quickly
    This is probably unnecissary, too. His 'regen' most likely goes away after a certain amount of total damage done, and there's no reason to go out of your way to do it any more quickly than just to keep him under control and do consistant damage (once 2Hs and spells are gone).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Turlos.
    This is probably unnecissary, too. His 'regen' most likely goes away after a certain amount of total damage done, and there's no reason to go out of your way to do it any more quickly than just to keep him under control and do consistant damage (once 2Hs and spells are gone).
    Possibly true. I was more saying what the last 3 groups did than what I think the trick is though. We've killed JoL 5 or 6 times and never had AV spawn. He didn't spawn for us 2 weeks ago when we did JoL, so we hadn't had any time to experiement our theories.

Demosthenes11

On our kill, there was a short period of time after each wyvern group kill that AV could not doing anything but regular attack. I think that could be what happened here.

3 wyverns down
    2hours/magic locked for 1 min
    zerg down to 95%
    2hours/magic locked forever

This kill only made that more likely for me

It was at 97%-100% for probably about 30 mins after it stopped 2houring and stuff. So i don't think there's any amount of time it gets locked for :X.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, ours was sitting at 98-97% for about 30 minutes when we fought it. As soon as the kclub drks attacked and broke past 95%, the regen got *alot* lower. Up until we sent the DRKs on it, we were only using SCs and MBs and such for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    On our kill, there was a short period of time after each wyvern group kill that AV could not doing anything but regular attack. I think that could be what happened here.

3 wyverns down
    2hours/magic locked for 1 min
    zerg down to 95%
    2hours/magic locked forever

This kill only made that more likely for me
    I doubt that the 2 hours and magic would be locked forever. It could be that you get it down to 95% to get rid of the "reverse rage" effect, and then he starts on a normal rage timer as in one of the three kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thevaultdweller
    I doubt that the 2 hours and magic would be locked forever. It could be that you get it down to 95% to get rid of the "reverse rage" effect, and then he starts on a normal rage timer as in one of the three kings.
    Did you just make this up or what?

we fought AV on Saturday. I wasn't there for much of the fight, but we were never able to stop his Magic/TP.

We BLM zerged him down to 95% which seemed to stop the 2HR usage, but he continued to cast spells and use TP attacks.

Tried to tank him but it was impossible since Aeroga IV -> TP attack could one-shot any tank. Combined with it being 4 AM EST and everyone sleeping, we had to give up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6