Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trying to beat Kirin in under 10minutes, any tips?

My linkshell has been trying to speedrush Kirin and get it below 10minutes, but so far we haven't been successful,

Our best record is 13minutes and 42 seconds with this setup:

Melee party:
    4 MNK/SAM
    1 Kraken DRK (Being switched in/out with 2 other K DRKs)
    1 BRD/WHM

Tank party:
    1 WAR/NIN <-kiter
    5 SMN/WHM

BLMs:
    4 BLM/RDM
    1 BRD/WHM
    1 RDM/BLM

Healers/hasters were all on the outside.

We had our MNKs spam Fragmentation while our BLMs magic bursted and had our SMNs and DRKs go crazy. Kirin did his first summon at around 30-35%, had outside alliance pull and CFH and totally destroy it, didn't take more than 20seconds with each god except for Byakko. (We've tried twice previously with fighting it straight up melee burn style but that took around 4-5minutes longer and had more deaths, and an unlucky full wipe due to Carbuncle...)

Any tips on how we can rush it faster or any changes we should make to our alliance? We only have 1 Ridillberk WAR btw..>.>

Get rid of your blms. Get rid of your kiter. Get rid of your summoners.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ridills, Maneaters, Adaberks, Gjalls, Souleaters, Clubs, and some Corsairs with their 2-hours up.

7 minutes 44 seconds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

people still kite kirin?

Just get a bunch of well-equiped DDs, stationary tank it with some NIN or /NIN, and support them with BRDs and out PT healing.. As long as everyone does their job it'll be a fast fight.

We had five sets saved up from the past like 6 months that we used up a week and a half ago (also was our first attempt straight tanking), and each kill was under 20 minutes easily.

We ended up having WAR/NINx3, SAM, NINx2, MNK, and a few BLMs on rotation for the runs as DDs... But nearly all the damage was done with melees, BLM PT primarly handeled gods (if they were spawned).

The WAR/NINx3+BRDx2+WHM PT parsed to deal around 70% of the damage or more each fight (have all fights parsed and saved if you want).. Madrigal+March+Minuetx2, all using Sole Sushi, and using just about the best equip in the game for WAR bar a few small improvements like HQ abjurations. ShellV/ProtectIV and barspells were kept on them at all times, and out PT WHMs kept them alive when things got nasty. (the WARs were me/Lhexh/Blackice)

Fastest time was 8:10 without any 2 hours and just those DDs. We also had a kill where we got it to 40% in under 2 minutes using those same DDs but with 2 hours, only thing is at 40% it landed Stonega IV > Astral Flow right away and slowed everything down drastically when a few people died. So it ended up being a 12m kill.

A few LS members made vids of it:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aF0NtDdXP3c

Higher quality:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/29942981/SpeedKirin.wmv.html

Stonega isn't usually a problem though, as you can see in that vid the first is interupted.. Most of them are from the melee + WS damage (around 80% of the time), but in the end depends on luck. When it lands it does about 600-800 across the people, so either way it's not so bad. Astral isn't really a problem either as long as mages aren't sleeping.

Gods usually aren't a problem either, he won't have time to summon them all in <10m kills. Usually only two, and they depop if Kirin dies with them out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    people still kite kirin?
    UDF?LOL

WTF AVATAR SIZE!?

nice avatar >.>

Nice avatar.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I missed something cool didn't I

his avatar was a chameleon wallpaper size

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I hope someone ss'd his avatar cause I didn't see it.

That video is pretty cool. I never thought you could kill Kirin faster than some linkshells kill Adamantoise. o_O

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We just tried our first Kirin with this stand-tanking business with 22 people tonight ironically enough. Our LS isn't big enough to have an add alliance to take the summons.. so we still wait on them, but fighting Kirin himself with well-equipped melee won't top 20 minutes. We only interrupted like 1/5 Stonega IVs though, not sure if that's just bad luck from what Ruke says, but even when they go off, they're not bad with enough bodies under them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

we have 2 75 BLUs, unfortunately 1 is a ridill war, so we would be down to 1. I know Kirin doesnt cast StonegaIV too often, but has any1 confirmed SA+Headbutt will interrupt his casting every time? That could eliminate alot of the healing needed.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Not to be a dick but as a BRD/WHM with Wind Threnody > Silence I can stop that pretty easily. But that of course stops him from doing Quake and Stone V which is what you want him to do lol. I didn't hear if they nerfed SA Headbutt by BLU or not on HNM. I hope they didn't because it should work haha.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

they nerfed its Accuracy with BLU sub, and I think they made the Additional Effect procs based on Blue Magic Skill.

above statement being completely accurate or not, it definately got nerfed

According to Glenn, a BLU on my server with maxed blue magic merits (think that comes out to 307 skill with the AF body), SA+Head Butt will stun Kirin about 80% of the time. So, while it's not guaranteed, you stand a pretty good chance of interrupting it.

Got a Kirin tomorrow, I'll be doing some testing of my own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast