Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 75BST questions...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

keftenk has some data. I would test it out, but the gloves have never dropped on a run I've been on. I'm going to have Guttler before full bst af2 :/

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    keftenk has some data. I would test it out, but the gloves have never dropped on a run I've been on. I'm going to have Guttler before full bst af2 :/
    >.>; Thats pretty bad, I had full BST AF when it was @60 while lotting BLM main.

Tell ya what, Ill swap ya, Guttler for Hands, k? k.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

still working on my gloves as well, seen like 4 drop total... 1st when i won koga tekko's, next 3 all outlotted by a first-time-last-time dx'er... rawr

on a positive note, i did get monster belt on our last valkurm run ^^

Old Merits
    BG Level

The stuff just doesn't drop while I'm on. I've seen a grand total of 1 BST Helm ever drop, but I was lotting currency. And honestly there is no way in hell that I'm giving up on lotting currency in windy

I have actually never seen BST hands drop before either. They did drop the Dynamis-Xarc after I left my last HNMls...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Think you have to go with maxed Bst. Affinity merits + Bst Relic gloves to get good performance out of the fungar. Think that all together that will jack up the fungar's level to the 73ish range. That's a lot of work to have a cheap alternative to CC.

Bst affinity specifically says that it won't raise the pet's level above 75 so it has no effect on the 'godly' bst jugs like LDL, CSC, and ABA, but will stablize the potency of CC, but not increase it much.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I was reading up on Feral Howl last night and was amazed they made it so bad. 1-5 second terror that can miss with a 10-15 minute cool down is so fucking weak. I'm even surprised to read here that it's minimal hate knowing how Jettatura is on Blue Mage.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Funguar also has some good moves for DD, instead of yay scissor guard. I get to play with Sols' bst once a week in a capped zone, and DD jugpets (hi2u mitefamiliar) actually dish some pain.

What level is funguar with full merits + af2 gloves?
    Funguar is commonly accepted around 65 (don't know if someone ran tests before), definetly not higher than that. So 65 +2+2+2 and gloves which is probably 1-2= 72 or 73 cap? Hopefully when you summon funguar at 75, it always summons at its capped level.

I already have 2 affinity merits. After I get the last one, I'll ask Wafik to do some testing with his unmerited jugpets versus mine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The only reason I can think of why SE made Feral Howl such a disgrace is so they can add some new JSE or AF3 that will enhance the JA later on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

maybe, just maybe more merits into feral howl will not only drop its timer... but increase its accuracy? 3sec RELIABLE terror is good enough for me to merit up

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Why is CC the best jug ;-; Whhyyy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

no idea.

Old Merits
    BG Level

CC is affordable...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

CC isn't the best jug, it's the best jug that most people can afford.

Don't know if you've seen it but a well geared beastmaster using Man/Temp + LDL is very close to, if not the, best melee DD in the game. They're also spending like 800k an hour on jug pets, and have to farm chips to power the temperance axe.

What people want out of beastmaster is (of course) an affordable jug pet that will put them on-par with joytoy warriors.

Chucky isnt hard to farm for, trick is having a friend with 100+ cooking, -.-

antican mages drop both the spit<sp?> and the robes,

when boredom strikes QC hellraising for the win,

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LDL? Im bad on abbreviations; snd is Chopsuey Chucky that good eh? Ive never seen any BST use that thing, I guess because of the price.

Farming for virtue stones doesnt seem that bad, one of any organ or chip and trade it in for 99. I guess more of a hassle to go do the work.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

LDL is Lifedrinker Lars (Diremite HQ).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

LDL is P.I.M.P
    Fixed!

I have one but everytime I think of calling him, I get D2'd from the alliance and to go switch to my BRD ;-p

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I had four, he's good, not OMGSA:JDF@H#%:HN@#N like everyone says he is. He's better than carrie, but it did take many worthless hours farming for this 15minute pet, that made me realize carrie is more efficient/reliable than what we currently had, and carrie itself sucks, oh well, I'm still hoping for nice ToaU jugpets but I wont hold my breath.

Oh and to anyone who thinks farming non stackable items for a jugpet which might be HQ might be NQ, depending on luck is "good", just lol.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So.. LDL > Chop > CC > ?

Ive only PTd like 5 times 35~73 and I used Seedbed, and CC for solo when I run in to an emergancy ;-; Ive only gone through 1.5 stacks of CC since 35, and Ive never used reward >.>;;

I used a Panzer Percival (the HQ Beetle?) familiared (if that helps jug pets, I don't know) and took Ifrit Prime to 55-60% alone, with Rewards, no "Call Beast" enhancements, while a typical Carrie takes him to ~70%'s.

I haven't even seen the new jug pets, and I'm awfully disappointed in Amigo Sabotender.