Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 75BST questions...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

75BST questions...

Wafik and Zigma and the rest, I don't want to be banished to Allakhazam!
    So I came back this weekend after 2 month hiatus, and they have those new BST merit thingies...
    I had 5 merits to spend since I quit and got an upgrade of Killer Effect (which I think is kinda cool) and then learned "Feral Howl" which I tried once only to promptly die, but did I make a dumb choice? Is the jug bonus better? The one that grants your pets killer to the party seems kind of lame, but I don't really know much about it...
    Any thoughts for a lolbst?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I am not a BST but the pets killer effects would be useful in some party situations at least, but BST usually doesn't party haha. Maybe that was SE's weak attempt to get BSTs in more parties.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I read bst got fucked up the butt with the lvl2 merits; they all suck.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

3 second terror!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Terror is pretty much a joke because of the recast. Jugpet merits seem like your best choice, giving you the option of using carrie or maybe carrie for uncapped stuff (funguar will increase to 71ish, but then carrie will increase to 75ish). Is it worth 120K worth of xping? Probably not but in terms of BST merits, not much else to chose from.

Giving killer effects to your party? A whopping 1 regen for your pet with 2-3k HP? Terror every 15 minutes or so for a second? If BST is your only 75 job and you are forced to solo that XP, I'd put merits into something else first like axe or crit. I hardly ever merit my bst anymore since I have bard, so anytime I go BST its with jugpets, its decent so far but nothing that fixes jugpet damage.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Eh.. well if you must spend it on BST2 and not in any other merits.. go with Beast Affinity.

I regret Feral Howl, but I guess its too late. I don't really ever party except for skill up, and I never use jugs except if some how I aggro'd something just way too hard and need to get carrie on it to by me some time.
    Crit and axe are almost capped, was going to -enmity merit but then ninja could be screwed, but when have I really used it...

Old Merits
    BG Level

I won't ever touch enmity merits. +crit to enemy, -crit to you, and spell cast interruption down are good enough for me to not touch enmity.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Feral Howl is useful enough to put one merit into. although only places ive used this with any real effect is some nm soloing... things like bad mischarm during Ancient Goobbue solo... mischarm bloodball, tame. Howl on Goobbue, wears off and charm is ready (or just about).

although on nms it is in no way accurate enough to really rely on, in other situations its just kind of a fun toy. I'm currently 2/3 on beast affin and 1/3 howl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn
    Feral Howl is useful enough to put one merit into. although only places ive used this with any real effect is some nm soloing... things like bad mischarm during Ancient Goobbue solo... mischarm bloodball, tame. Howl on Goobbue, wears off and charm is ready (or just about).

although on nms it is in no way accurate enough to really rely on, in other situations its just kind of a fun toy. I'm currently 2/3 on beast affin and 1/3 howl.
    Can Howl be resisted? I was wondering what effect it would have on NM's

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick

Can Howl be resisted? I was wondering what effect it would have on NM's
    Yes, even on normal mobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

howl can miss, on nms ive had about a 30% accuracy on it... not bad, not great... on normal mobs (em-it) ive had about an 80% or so accuracy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For you guys that have howl, how much hate does it seem to generate? pretty noticable?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

next to no hate.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hate is about the same as a charm. As far as duration I did have a 5 second'ish feral howl on a Kusa in Dynamis-Bastok, but most durations are around one-to-two seconds.

I can't confirm it being 100% for spell interuptions, however, I have never had it not interupt a spell when it didn't miss.

With regard to beast merits, I'm still not entirely sure what to do with level 2. Level 1 merits have been done for a while with full killer effects and sic. Of course I'm pretty much a solo beast with the occasional tp burn with friends. I'll probably finish off affinity and feral howl just to blue text it.

This is my merit breakdown I'm working on:

axe 8/8 - done and very nice
    eva 4/4 - dropping dagger for eva

enmity down 4/4 - done, I don't tank and I'm a solo bst
    crit up 4/4 - done, and very nice :D

sic 5/5 - done, and sorta useful jug pet might be better but I KS30 on rdm mainly
    killer effect 5/5 - done, and sorta useful. Killer effects are sorta weird

feral howl 3/3 - it's like finding a penny on the road, it's money, but hey it's still a penny.
    beast affinity 3/3 - still another penny, it's nice sorta, I think...

mp 1/8 -done, gogo gaudy
    hp 7/8 -HP > MP for bst/nin which I usually am.

str 5/5 - I thought about dex for onslaught but it just isn't worth it

Banned.

BG Level

I need some merits will be better when they raise the single cap to 5.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If we have 2 more merit upgrades available in level 2 I'd dump them into affinity just so I could have save gil with Funguar :/

Funguar also has some good moves for DD, instead of yay scissor guard. I get to play with Sols' bst once a week in a capped zone, and DD jugpets (hi2u mitefamiliar) actually dish some pain.

What level is funguar with full merits + af2 gloves?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

anyone done the work to see how much the af2 gloves improve the pet compared to bst affinity merits?? with enough test data you could probably pinpoint just how many lvls the gloves boost your pet.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

anyone done the work to see how much the af2 gloves improve the pet compared to bst affinity merits?? with enough test data you could probably pinpoint just how many lvls the gloves boost your pet.
    Ehh.. this was all figured out some time ago.. I dont remember off hand myself, but it would be nice to know again..

/think Lily, she prob knows.