Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: point systems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I find based on past experience that they usually result in horrendous inflation, especially for linkshells which don't camp shit. You'll end up with players amassing months of points and any prospective newer members will have to wait months to get anything of consequence.

Avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    To be honest, I'd rather have a point system than let the leaders decide who gets whatever item. Point system LSs rules out the possibility of corrupt leaders unless they are also taking the points...
    You left out the third (and most fair option) which is let every official member of the LS past their trial period lot on anything that their jobs can use....

If people aren't pulling their weight, kick em.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rydiu
    To be honest, I'd rather have a point system than let the leaders decide who gets whatever item. Point system LSs rules out the possibility of corrupt leaders unless they are also taking the points...
    You left out the third (and most fair option) which is let every official member of the LS past their trial period lot on anything that their jobs can use....

This is far worse than a point system.

Yea, so dumb ass BSTs like you get ridill lol. That helps the LS soooo much. This system that you mentioned is how we got a SAM wearing lolsash.

Best lotting system is to have a fair leader pick who gets what based on participation and who will get the most use out of the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Setats
    Yea, so dumb ass BSTs like you get ridill lol. That helps the LS soooo much.
    Just to humor you, I have much more jobs than BST. And ridills don't really help any LS. They just help individuals merit easier...

All that "helps the LS" garbage is nothing but propoganda put out by LS leaders to get themselves all the best loot with said "fair leader points (and they lot) system"

If everybody in the LS works equally hard they should all get a chance to lot on the items.

Lolsash helps a sam about as much as any other job. catch a clue. Its barely better than speed belt... ohnoez

The chakram AV drops is 100x better than lolsash

Banned.

BG Level

Just to humor you, I have much more jobs than BST. And ridills don't really help any LS. They just help individuals merit easier...

All that "helps the LS" garbage is nothing but propoganda put out by LS leaders to get themselves all the best loot with said "fair leader points (and they lot) system"

If everybody in the LS works equally hard they should all get a chance to lot on the items.

Lolsash helps a sam about as much as any other job. catch a clue. Its barely better than speed belt... ohnoez

You went from dumb to fucking retarded at record speeds.

Maybe if your LS used something aside from BLM zerg on everything, you'd know better. You obviously didn't see the "My LS wants to kill Kirin in under 10mins" thread... yea, Ridill sure doesnt help! But hey, however you want to justify you getting an item you never use is up to you, i guess.. Btw, your other jobs (blm, rdm) cant wear ridill...

lol

@BRP: ok, then don't invite people to your LS who are leeches.... coz apparently you have that problem going on if you feel that way

ok, then don't invite people to your LS who are leeches.... coz apparently you have that problem going on if you feel that way
    If people only knew you, they'd know how big of an irony this is lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The biggest advantage to using a point system is it cuts down on a LOT of drama. My LS uses what most members consider to be a fair point-system. The bad news is, it's a pain in the ass for the leaders to keep everything current.

We keep Sky and Dynamis separate, and our leaders burn out very quickly updating points daily. It's a lot of work and if you can't get points done every day, you're better off with no points at all.

With so few people in our shell with sea access, items from Proto's and Jailers are getting passed out at leader discretion. It's worked out well for us so far, again, because demand for items is so low, except for the Faith Torque. Theres obviously more potential for drama this way, but if people can't be patient and wait for their crap, they can find another linkshell to get it for them.

Btw, your other jobs (blm, rdm) cant wear ridill...
    my only other 75 jobs are blm and rdm? lol....i bet you know my first and last name, too... and where i used to go to college. want a cookie?

Banned.

BG Level

ok, then don't invite people to your LS who are leeches.... coz apparently you have that problem going on if you feel that way
    If people only knew you, they'd know how big of an irony this is lol.
    Explain. This topic is so pointless and this retard could turn out to be a good show.

Its going to start off with how much JP cock I suck...But hey, while every NA HNMLS on my server is in bed right now coz its past their bed times, I'm out camping kings and doing things that NA HNMLSes do on many other servers at this hour coz they don't all have to be tucked-in by 9

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Its going to start off with how much JP cock I suck...
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9310/glutdd9.jpg

You sure are inviting it

Eh, it's pretty in depth.

Just for the top of the ice berg I'll keep it simple:

Rydiu joins an LS called "Wizardry." Naturally, by the name all they do is zerg everything with BLMs. They don't even bother to SC.

Anyways, Rydiu is never on Wizardry unless Fafhogg window is up or Tiamat pops. He got Herald Gaiters and hasn't attended a Tiamat since. He got ridill (and ebody?) and never goes to Fafnir anymore...

lol, he's the biggest hypocrite on the server. He has bashed and insulted every NA on the server, and constantly says NA suck, JP>NA, ect., yet he is probably the whitest most American person ever.

That's enough from me though, I'll let you guys learn about his stupidity the more he posts.. although I'm sure you're already getting the hint.

To rydiu: it's easy to know about you when you brag all over the place and suck at all your jobs. There's a nice old RDM discussion where Rydiu calls people dumb for saying Fast Cast cuts down on cast time, but not recast times... it's amusing, heh.

(Ninja edited something people might nitpick about)

lol... what a crock of BS coming from somebody obviously not in my LS.. the only times you've seen us "blm zerg" stuff is during NA time when half the LS isn't online and we'll go down with 10-12 ppl most of them black mages because its the best method to do whatever it is we do like faf or kb...

Most everyone in wiz has 3-4 jobs levelled and about 90% of the time we're doing skillchains all with thfs involved. Everybody has levelled black mage because thats the LS rule is you need either black mage, summoner or thf 75 to be able to lot.

Apparently somebody been hittin the haterade hardcore tonight..lol

Everyone on valefor knows wizardry is the most skilled LS on the server

lol... what a crock of BS coming from somebody obviously not in my LS.. the only times you've seen us "blm zerg" stuff is during NA time when half the LS isn't online and we'll go down with 10-12 ppl most of them black mages because its the best method to do whatever it is we do like faf or kb...

Most everyone in wiz has 3-4 jobs levelled and about 90% of the time we're doing skillchains all with thfs involved. Everybody has levelled black mage because thats the LS rule is you need either black mage, summoner or thf 75 to be able to lot.

Apparently somebody been hittin the haterade hardcore tonight..lol

Everyone on valefor knows wizardry is the most skilled LS on the server
    Correction: your LS always has at least 20+ members up at any time of the day, and at least 10 BLMs. Last fafhogg i saw you guys fight you TRIED to SC, but couldnt even do that right.

Killing the same 3 kings over and over for 3 years does not equate to skill, and everyone knows your LS is basically garbage. Even the other JPs on the server like to make fun of Wizardry.

Btw: You dynamis LS... it's horrible, and by horrible i mean... ya, just disband it, so sad.

Blah, guess I should stop waiting on Rukenshin's LJ and go to sleep Anyone play Dirge of Cerberus yet? Any good?

Btw: You dynamis LS... it's horrible, and by horrible i mean... ya, just disband it, so sad.
    If I just disbanded it, howcome I have a website and people coming twice a week and am 10% done with currency for mandau?

Hmmmm? Somebody is full of shit here....and the only one spewing weak insults like they're really insecure about themselves is you...

Lol... this setats guy is a joke....idk who he thinks he's foolin but it aint anyone on valefor lol

Omg, you have a website?! Sooooo cool, you must be the awesomest dude ever.

Rydiu, just give up, man. Madawc has given our server a bad enough name already, we don't need you helping him. People go twice a week because they have no other choice... I'm telling you to just disband it.. not that you did, genius.

So, Dirge of Cerberus? Worth getting or not?

Point System LSes work to a certain point, depending how often your LS kills the NMs that drop those items.

Take sky for e.g. If an LS does it often enough (and assuming they have the resources/time to farm pop items during off peak hours) and pop gods regularly, you get most people opting to "free-lot" lesser abjurations etc. I've seen sky LSes about 1.5 years ago kick up mini-drama fests over a.hands and Genbu's Shield.

After sometime, stuff that drops off all the 4 gods, save for Haidate (there can never be too much of haidate lol) will be almost a free lot cos no one wants to "waste points" lotting it.

3 Kings loot is a different story. They are much rarer, since they have to be competed for by the whole server's HNMLSes for claims. Drops are also generally better, being the 4 body abjurations + D.ring/Ridill.

Loot distribution, basically could be having 2-3 leaders that are dedicated, online alot and fair in distribution deciding who lots, taking into consideration (in no order)

Job Priority
    Dedication (Camp Attendance + Contribution)
    Seniority (This to me dont matter as much if even a new member shows what hes made of after 2-3 months)

When shit drops, leaders just discuss who gets what. And if its a close enough call, the "candidates" just lot the item.

Granted, nothing is ever 100% "Fair". Heck nothing in life is fair. Having good leaders that distribute drops fairly is just half the story though. The other half is showing you're ready to work for the LS to deserve those items.

Some of it is luck too, and pretty subjective/situational. If you're a new PLD (first day at camp) and the one next up for m.body didnt come to camp. What do the leaders do? Hard to call the shots sometimes. Most times ppl are unhappy no matter what decision leaders make. IMO they just need to make the decision that can be justified by a reason that the majority of people in the LS would respect.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast