Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

1400 Accounts suspended/terminated

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/polnews/news8487.shtml

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 1,400 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Auggust 30, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Yeah, a couple people from my linkshell had their accounts suspended this morning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas
    Yeah, a couple people from my linkshell had their accounts suspended this morning lol.
    that's something you want to brag about..

Old Merits
    BG Level

I had 3 accounts banned, one of them a mule account on which I do nothing. Nothing. at. all. GG SE. Well at least it saves me from quitting myself.

and yet, the gilsellers are still ingame...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Didn't you get banned the last time they did this too? Back when it was pretty much established that everyone who claimed they did nothing but use windower was lying?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

1400 accounts is nothing... this is a poor attempt at a publicity stunt

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai
    Didn't you get banned the last time they did this too? Back when it was pretty much established that everyone who claimed they did nothing but use windower was lying?
    Yes, last time I was banned too, and I had used tools back then maybe twice. Since then I haven't touched any of that stuff because it was inevitable the mass bannings would happen again. This kind of stuff is on par with banning people for getting flee from the Caedarva pond, or using a hermes quencher.

1400 accounts is about $18,130-$22,610 per month of lost profit. I'm sure the accountants looked at that and fired a few of the NA GMs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    I had 3 accounts banned, one of them a mule account on which I do nothing. Nothing. at. all. GG SE. Well at least it saves me from quitting myself.
    You RMTd the accounts so who cares.

EDIT: Or was it stole? I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by RanDom_ErrOr
    1400 accounts is about $18,130-$22,610 per month of lost profit. I'm sure the accountants looked at that and fired a few of the NA GMs.
    1400 accounts is about $18,130-$22,610 (MINUS expenses incurred) per month of lost profit. Stop acting like they have no operating fees.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    You RMTd the accounts so who cares.

EDIT: Or was it stole? I can't remember...
    1) http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=
    2) http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=
    3) Raikku who quit the game, ask him if you want.

Oh and I'd like to point out that on one of the accounts, I started a new character which I levelled to 75 in 2 months. So; my character, a friend's character, and an account of mules. Which ones did I RMT again?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Of course you're not gonna admit it. I used to know the real Omnaru. Oh, and who the hell believes Raikku? He's full of shit.

can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Of course you're not gonna admit it. I used to know the real Omnaru. Oh, and who the hell believes Raikku? He's full of shit.
    I don't play Omnaru. He gave me his account, I levelled bonecraft to 100 then sold it. And what are you saying about Raikku? That you don't believe I have his account? Well whatever! I've ignored a lot of shit that people have said about me behind my back; that whole web of lies spun by Hawky & co. about me hacking his account and stealing a few accounts and murdering some babies along the way. I don't care what you think! But what I say about myself is more valid than what you say about me, because, y'know, I am me .

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

1400 accounts is about $18,130-$22,610 (MINUS expenses incurred) per month of lost profit. Stop acting like they have no operating fees.
    That initial "profit lost" number isn't even on the money. They didn't terminate all of those accounts. Termination = no account any more. Suspended = you come back in X days. You still get billed.

Operating fees are pretty static for MMOs. They don't have to send out mail/bills to the customers since that is done online. Those servers are up and running regardless. And their CPUs are either spinning in idle (less customers) or actually processing something (more customers) for nearly the same cost. The cost ofserver maintenance is roughly the same unless they need to add more servers. 1400 accounts is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe by terminating 1000 accounts, they could justify laying off 1-2 GM.

Quote Originally Posted by loial
    That initial "profit lost" number isn't even on the money. They didn't terminate all of those accounts. Termination = no account any more. Suspended = you come back in X days. You still get billed.

Operating fees are pretty static for MMOs. They don't have to send out mail/bills to the customers since that is done online. Those servers are up and running regardless. And their CPUs are either spinning in idle (less customers) or actually processing something (more customers) for nearly the same cost. The cost ofserver maintenance is roughly the same unless they need to add more servers. 1400 accounts is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe by terminating 1000 accounts, they could justify laying off 1-2 GM.
    My point was, stop acting like they have no operating fees. Forget that other shit.

And LOL @ you cheaters. :D

When they banstick an account, they'll frequently ban anything on the credit card for good measure. And from experience, using a third-party tool is a "one strike, they do whatever the heck they like to your account" thing. So yeah, you're hosed.

The only safe method of dealing with 3PP tools is not using them. (Though honestly, I don't think they're gunning for Windower users.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This is just a publicity stunt to boost their image in the eyes of the JPs and NAs. I mean, to be honest, if you were really so determined to get rid of the 3PPs, just terminate everyone who has a 3PP, rather than go little by little. People may think that SE will coming to get you eventually and may lead to you uninstalling your tools, but Windower is too great of a tool to pass up. Even for your account, in most cases...

P.S. I do not have a Windower. I do use Fraps. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    This is just a publicity stunt to boost their image in the eyes of the JPs and NAs. I mean, to be honest, if you were really so determined to get rid of the 3PPs, just terminate everyone who has a 3PP, rather than go little by little. People may think that SE will coming to get you eventually and may lead to you uninstalling your tools, but Windower is too great of a tool to pass up. Even for your account, in most cases...

P.S. I do not have a Windower. I do use Fraps. :D
    zomg banstick!@@!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast