Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Do subcraft tiers really change someones chance of HQ?

would a tier3 synth with a lvl60 subcraft lower chance of HQ? Things like this is what im trying to figure out. More like a tier3 with a tier2 subcraft id like to know. Discuss.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

if the synth for maincraft is tier3 but the subcraft would be tier0 it would be tier0 my friend

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Do subcraft tiers really change someones chance of HQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank
    would a tier3 synth with a lvl60 subcraft lower chance of HQ? Things like this is what im trying to figure out. More like a tier3 with a tier2 subcraft id like to know. Discuss.
    Are you on Seraph?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Are you on Seraph?
    Ragnarok

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tier 3 with a tier 2 sub is theoretically 1/2 * 1/4 or 1/8 chance of HQ, which sounds about right...

I found that in real experience, SE did that but also cut us a break to some extent, maybe putting a 3/2 or better multiplier on the end. On your specific example, Kaginawa fits this for Cloth, and I would say I would go 4/6 NQ, 1/6 HQ, 1/6 break.

Mahatma Slops would be 1/12 * 1/4 or 1/48 HQ, when in reality I found them to be closer to 24-30ish.