BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EU POL Viewer.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

EU POL Viewer.

So today a friend of mine quit the game and gave me his account info and told me to feel free to use his character which I happily agreed to mainly due to his multiple high level crafts.

Only one problem, he was running the EU version of the game.

It's my understanding that in order to access and reactivate his account I only need to use the EU Viewer, so would anyone happen to know where I could obtain one?

Thanks in advance for any info.

This isnt the place for this, but i'm not qualified to do what a BGer will probably do, so heres warning: things do not look good.

idk if that's true or not, otherwise:

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

i dont think you do need to use EU POL, why dont you try it and see...?
    if it doesnt work, there isn't some magic secret way of getting it to work, so you're left with a choice of buying EU POL, giving the account away, or selling it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I'm 95% sure that you'll need to use EU POL to re-activate it. The reason I say this is that I have to use JP POL to change anything that pertains to my JP account, NA POL doesn't work and will tell you so when you try.

I'v been out of the game for awhile now, But I'm pritty sure all viewers work with all accounts.

Its just editing the account information/Credit Card/Key's/ect requiers the EU version (or w/e version the account is/created on)

You'll need to buy an EU version of the game, I believe. Someone in my linkshell did this. However, there is perhaps a way around it, unfortunately it's 9am and I just started my day of work, so my mind isn't overly productive at the moment!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nope i can confirm you need an EU POL to reactivate an account and manage Content ID's and Payment Information. All you'd have to do is find an EU friend that would accept to make an image of his POL CD and send it to you. This wouldn't hurt him because no personal information is on it.

You can log in with your NA POL after it is activated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Nope i can confirm you need an EU POL to reactivate an account and manage Content ID's and Payment Information. All you'd have to do is find an EU friend that would accept to make an image of his POL CD and send it to you. This wouldn't hurt him because no personal information is on it.

You can log in with your NA POL after it is activated though.
    you can do exactly that, good idea. Also try searching on torrent sites for the EU version of PlayOnline. I am sure you can find something.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

You need a EU pol to reactivate the account/ manage ID's, but you can log in charc's with any version of Pol.

I use EU pol.... I play my EU char and have played multiple NA chars through it. I just can't reactivate content IDs. So I'm gussing its the same for NA playing EU chars.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If you want me to buy you a copy of FFXI it's £10 here -
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/180990/ ... oduct.html
    and I can mail it on to you. Message me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

On a somewhat related question that doesn't really deserve a new topic, if one of my PC accounts need a NA CoP key, can I buy the X-Box version [because it's dirt cheap] and install the PC version and using it's key?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    On a somewhat related question that doesn't really deserve a new topic, if one of my PC accounts need a NA CoP key, can I buy the X-Box version [because it's dirt cheap] and install the PC version and using it's key?
    Yes you could, but with the PC version costing only $20 , just get that one...http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646310

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you want me to buy you a copy of FFXI it's £10 here -
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/180990/ ... oduct.html
    and I can mail it on to you. Message me.
    Thanks much for the offer but today I found a friend who is going to make images of the CD for me and mail them provided i use the account I'm reactivating to make him a Scorpion Harness. Works out pretty good!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Yes you could, but with the PC version costing only $20 , just get that one...http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646310
    I think you cannot activate CoP on a PC account with a Xbox key, i'm even pretty sure of it. You'd really have to buy a NA PC CoP key for it to work, just like you can't use a EU CoP key if your game is NA.

Some guy in my LS moved to Japan and only has a PS2 there, and he had to buy a NA PC ToAU key to activate it on his NA PC FFXI account, and then buy the whole game on PS2 to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    I think you cannot activate CoP on a PC account with a Xbox key, i'm even pretty sure of it. You'd really have to buy a NA PC CoP key for it to work, just like you can't use a EU CoP key if your game is NA.

Some guy in my LS moved to Japan and only has a PS2 there, and he had to buy a NA PC ToAU key to activate it on his NA PC FFXI account, and then buy the whole game on PS2 to play.
    He said he needed a PC CoP key, and the link I gave is to a PC collection with the orig game and the first two expansions, so that would work for him. It's actually cheaper than the XBOX 360 version.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah that was mostly directed to cassiraa, confirming what you said. ^^