Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OFN(Ulli)?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

OFN(Ulli)?

Went about 13 hours in the shrine earlier this week with statues, no Ulli. I hear speculation that people despawning placeholders resets the timer. Anyone else have a similar experience? If this is the way Ulli has been "fixed" can't "people with more time to play" just keep depopping PH until everyone they are competing with just get's fed up and bails? Anyone have similar experience in the shrine? Is this OFN?

sounds like BS. The only thing they "changed" was that the PH can pop anywhere in the room instead of just the middle.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

It can take 15hrs+ ;x

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

How is that a fix? People bitch about not being able to get Ulli's... and SE makes it harder? How assbackwards can you get?

Here is where I was reading, over on KI:

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=133027

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah
    How is that a fix? People bitch about not being able to get Ulli's... and SE makes it harder? How assbackwards can you get?

They made it harder to monopolize. Remember: something that is hard for you to camp is also hard for everybody else. IMO its a good change...just not at all what was wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah

They made it harder to monopolize if you don't have mrargus.
    Fixed.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Yeah Maxx, that is the truth, but there is a line between harder, and damn nigh impossible. I can't sit at the top of the shrine for 12 hours at a time. I have to work 5 days a week, and I have to sleep too. Unlike a person who gets paid to sit at the top of the shrine for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've said this before, SE needs to just get over Zilart and let people progress. Keeping shells in sky by making them unable to get triggers for the mobs they need to fight is the absolute most annoying way they could have dealt with this.

Also @ Maxx, the shenanigans at Ulli weren't considered monopolization by SE. We got the brush off numerous times from GMs about Ulli and were told to submit player feedback on the issue... I wonder how many people suggested an Olla-type spawn condition for Ulli via that email feedback system, and then how we got this as a result.

I can say that the bit about depopping his placeholders isn't true. Last time I was up there there was my linkshell, another LS and the gil sellers. The other LS was depopping the placeholders regularly. Ulli popped.

SE said that when mobs depop you get the same mob back. While we know this isn't entirely true we do know that NMs don't spawn back in place of the mobs that depopped. So I seriously doubt the placeholders depopping resets the timer. It just screams "grief people with this," to the point that I don't see SE implementing something like this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Uh oh I just thought of a solution!

Walahra subligar: 6% haste +5 dex -30 lightning resist
    (model: black pallette swap of femina/vir)

OMG I'm a item designer lawlz

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

i think people would still go for they byakko haidate because of the subligar part.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    i think people would still go for they byakko haidate because of the subligar part.
    And the 10 dex if you're NIN...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Or just about any job seeing as 5Acc > 1% Haste. Ever notice how well Blitz Ring took off?

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Or just about any job seeing as 5Acc > 1% Haste. Ever notice how well Blitz Ring took off?
    True, true... although some WAR builds dont need the extra dex and might prefer the haste instead. Doubt it though...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Really? cause not having to sit around in Ulli's aery for 20 hours for a shot at fighting him is enough for me. Guess I'm just not hardcore enough. Besides, the rules say they can never top Zilart gear, right?

edit: close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Really? cause not having to sit around in Ulli's aery for 20 hours for a shot at fighting him is enough for me. Guess I'm just not hardcore enough. Besides, the rules say they can never top Sky gear, right?
    Yeah, but wtf were those Adaman Hauberk and Ridill things... Those were from sky too right? And all that Homam shit.. Meh, all of that pales in comparison to Suzaku's Sune-Ate, amirite?!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    black pallette swap of femina/vir
    God no, not another "optical hat" mistake.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yea, a group from my ls camped ulli for 13+ hours the other day. Rmts were there when they got there, I showed up for the last 5ish hours. Rmts left around the 9 hour mark to go somewhere else. We called a gm at the 13th hour out of frustration and they just gave us "The game is working properly" response, havent seen him since and weve been up there a few times. This is seriously getting rediculous. They either have to fix this crap or make ulli drop abjs

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz
    They either have to fix this crap or make ulli drop abjs
    BUT HE DOES OMG

Did 5 Byakko yesterday, 1 haidate dropped. Of those 5 Kirin pops, chances are we'll see 1 w.legs. I don't even want to think of how many hours of camping Ulli and watching gilsellers claim that it took to get those 5 stones. Thankfully I got all my sky shit long ago and I'm just helping out. Can't imagine how pissed people trying to get haidate/w.legs are right now. Go go gilsellers and 15 mil osodes.

My LS's last 6 Kirin's have dropped W. Legs.

No joke. That was over 4 months, but still, 6 Kirin kills, consecutive, all dropping W. Legs.