Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: More thoughts on claim     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You will take claim on a monster if you make a claiming motion while someone in your party is at the top of the hate list, OR if the monster currently does not have an aggro/hate target.

This weekend I was in Thickets on my BLM, fighting other people for puks. One puk aggroed another party, so I "pulled" him with slow. That put me on top of the hate list, but since the list wasn't empty, it stayed white. Their bard then slept it. Since I was previously on top of the hate list, it stayed white. However, now their bard was on top of the hate list. I then cast Thunder3 on it. Since their bard was on top of the hate list when the spell landed, it stayed white, though Thunder3 put me on top of the hate list thereafter. I followed that up with a stun, which finally caused it to become claimed to me, and then a sleep to keep myself from dying while our PLD established hate on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rydiu
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Maybe I'm missing something, but mobs don't even aggro for about 5-10 seconds after they pop. Unless people were standing around like idiots, why would anyone get initial aggro?
    I'm pretty sure some NMs don't have a delay when they pop (similar to dynamis mobs) and the delay is not always the same...ex: sometimes mobs will walk around for 5-6 seconds before aggro, sometimes 2-3...
    Dynamis mobs still have a delay after they spawn. It's probably the main reason why stones move so slowly... to provide enough time for them to link. There are some cases where mobs you spawn won't aggro (Dynamis Sandy, stairs after west gate).

The only mobs I can think of that don't have a delay after spawning, are force-popped NMs and AV

Jan >.> omg, this whole argument started because u said that enminity = claim at Fafnir. Gregorio can backme up ,u said if fafnir pop enminity = claims, and we saidno, claim = first action on mob, regardless of enminity. Bara bing bara bung!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I've seen the same thing you've seen @ Shikigami. Reason it happens is because whoever aggros it automatically has more hate on it, even if they don't cast directly on it. This won't ever happen @ Fafnir or something similar though because first action on the monster wins the claim.
    Camped Shikigami many, many, many times. Never been able to get claim with just a voke. Always have to follow it with a Ni nuke to make it turn red. When ever I do voke it, Shiki is usually on either someone in alliance, or aggros someone casting magic. 1st Provoke has never worked on turning it red... >.>

Actually dynamis mobs do aggro instantly when they pop, they aggro the closest thing to them when they pop and if nothing is closer than the original puller, then follow the statue after the puller...but the aggro is instant if someone is in range of their normal aggro range when they pop, same if someone is in range when the person(s) with active aggro die, they will be instantly aggroed on the next closest target with zero delay

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had a theory based on the skill/spell's element corresponding to the day. Like maybe on Ice day "Provoke" would get a 'priority' over other moves used at the same time (So a Provoke and a stun from 2 opposite alliances hit Fafnir, it's ice day, Provoke has priority over Stun). It's been a good month or 2 since I been at a HNM camp, so my theor needs testing.