Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More thoughts on claim     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

More thoughts on claim

OK so I was having a discussion with a few people today about claiming.
    Somethings to consider before replying to this thread:
    1.) We're not talking about initial claim, where there is only one person involved.
    2.) We're not talking about latency issues, different connections and flukes.
    3.) We are also not talking about the amount of hate of certain spells over others. Everyone knows Stun is less hate than Provoke and so on.

All right so let's say you're camping Fafnir, and you see the chat log; many people cast all at once to claim.

If you have 2 BLM cast Stun at the same time, (again, forget latency etc) who gets hate? A theory that was brought up was that -enmity gear plays a part... so should people claiming unequip -enmity gear?

also, this theory involved hate being "built" to the alliance as a whole. If BLM #1 casts stun (with no -enmity gear on), and BLM #2 (in a seperate alliance) casts Stun with normal blm gear, wouldn't the BLM #1's alliance have a better chance at claiming?

so if one blm stuns, and their PLD provoke's right after, and the other BLM doesn't have any follow up, the first pair would get claim(?)

There have been cases where mobs like LoO and Shiki have gotten down to 95,90% while still being unclaimed because many people started casting on it all at once.

So my question is this, is hate built by the alliance as a whole, since many people are casting at once?
    If so, would -enmity gear play a factor?

Demosthenes11

I've yet to see anything like that happen...its always been first action gets claim that I have seen

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

In my experience you have to, individually, have the most hate, then follow that up with a second offensive action to finally claim.

Like, Provoke->Flash.

Its actually hard to say..what I do know is that if its an aggressive mob, the party that it aggroes has "first rights" to it, so the next thing someone does won't instantly turn it red for the engaging party unless its the group that got aggroed. I think it takes one additional action after taking primary hate from another party and if another party gets more hate than you had, it takes another action from them to make it go red from them and so on until its claimed..

Just how I think it works from observation, not making any claims for certain... lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2 people who are in different parties will not both land the spell they cast to claim. Only one will land and that will get claim.

How SE determines who was too quick and who was just right I dunno, but I've never seen 2 people in diffent parties cast a spell at the same time and both land.

It's definately not build by the alliance as a whole, there has been instances where the outside single person has gotten claim. Few weeks ago, a MNK that was trying to buy the Wyrm Beard claimed Fafnir solo, and this CGF BST has claimed Behemoth 2-3 times solo.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas
    It's definately not build by the alliance as a whole, there has been instances where the outside single person has gotten claim. Few weeks ago, a MNK that was trying to buy the Wyrm Beard claimed Fafnir solo, and this CGF BST has claimed Behemoth 2-3 times solo.
    yeah a few weeks ago at fafnir a cgf mnk showed up (yes, actual cgf, he lives in hongkong and sells gil) it was the first time he'd ever been to faf and he was solo. With darters up he was able to chiblast claim it and kite it for 10 seconds before calling for help cause noone would invite him. He just wanted his BB item.

There is only one action you can do that is an exception to this rule..

/pet "Assault" <t>

If a summoner sends carby after something, than someone else vokes no one will have claim until the voker does something else or carby lands his first attack.

/pet "Assault" still falls to the same claim delay restrictions, so you can't do it too early or anything.

No real advantage to this except that it might make for a funny spectacle in the aery to see 100 people try to claim Fafnir and scratch their heads not knowing what happened.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Now what if two people did cast the same spell, with different gear setups, would enmity come into play?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lolpup, but same thing goes for automaton ranged attacks or spells, they will get hate but not actually claim for anyone until a melee hit is landed or a large amount of hate is pulled.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    Now what if two people did cast the same spell, with different gear setups, would enmity come into play?
    Not noticably.

If 2 people cast the same spell at exactly the same time the world would cease to exist

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And I keep thinking this thread says "More thoughts on clam".

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    Not noticably.
    This brings to mind the guy who said Flash and Stun were the same amount of Enmity...

Yesterday at Zipacna, I pulled with magic aggro... then stunned, and a whm from another LS(they had 6 there) got hate with Flash and it went purple.

Definitely no comparison.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At last check Flash and Stun were the same level of enmity. If Stun generated less hate then Flash did then I don't see how NIN/DRK could be as good as it is.

Oh sorry, the world can't end.....but, if 2 people cast at the same exact time it doesn't matter what equip they're wearing, the server will do an internal /random and give it to the higher random

what other outcome could there be? its impossible as it is to do something at "exactly the same time"

i suppose its possible that the game sends enmity stats to the server with each action and it goes to the person with the higher enmity stats if the same action is done, but unless you're the guy who programmed the game there is no way to know unless the game measures time per tenth of a second or something rly slow...

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've had Faust pop before, and one alliance there had a BLM stun it and a PLD voke it, and I also tagged with it a single voke, and I ended up with Claim because of my higher enmity (claiming in full enmity gear 4tw), despite the other ally hitting it with 2 seperate claims during it's initial "claim window"

Perhaps I should load up on +Enmity for Stun and compare with Flash next time :wink:

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Isn't there an inherent, slow enmity decrease for the person who simply has hate? I've been in instances where an entire pt is sleepga'd and the mob spins around to different people without hitting, or even swinging at all, meaning hate is increasing or decreasing amongst PT members while no actions occuring.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have voked a mob and had another competing person also voke it. It came to me, signifying that I had hate.. but the other person had claim. This, however, was over a year ago so I doubt the same claim mechanics are still in place.