Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Manaburn Ix'Drg     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Any time 2 people are on the hate list of any mob in that area and zone through the portal, the enemy will follow through to the other side. In the case where the mob is an aern, Ix' or Aw', it will link all of the other aerns that are between the portal entrances, and you'll get rushed by a half-dozen aerns about 5 seconds after your arrival. What Nynja is trying to say is that since Ix'aern DRG has shared PT hate, it will follow you across in this fashion even if only one person has touched him, so it is in your interests to disband your PT and take turns nuking him and zoning, meanwhile keeping DoT on him so he won't recover HP in the periods of time between people's nukes. This was my prior understanding as well.

Nynja correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation.
    yes, this is correct.

if you zone with hate, it'll go hunt another target....this can be someone on the side of the portal it spawned on, or on the other side of the portal (not to mention that when you zone, you arent even killing off hate because you'll just throw yourself back on the hate list). Between the portals are walkable areas, which is how Ix'DRG goes through, though we cant walk through because we'd zone into a portal. Between both portal destinations, contrary to what was stated, there ARE aerns stationned in that area, and they WILL link to Ix'DRG. If you dont believe me, then I will walk my lazy ass up there and get a screenshot of an aern stationned between both portals because I fucking hate when ppl argue with me when I know I'm right.
    I hate that too.

Me too, but people always say I'm an asshole and that I act like I know everything lol, but actually I just don't open my mouth when I'm not completely sure I'm right. I've been wrong a few times though even when I thought I was right, it sucked

u dont have to actually disband... its party aggro range is pretty limited and doesnt go from one to other tele in same room, so when u use the tele make sure noone is close to u...

i duod him with another blm dotting him to death pretty fast.
    each one took one tele.. we were in the same party and since his parta aggro does not reach the other "platform" u loose hate when u zone (granted the other blm stays on the platform as far away as possible from the one zoning)

solo is even easier..just takes longer.
    all u gotta be carefull is watch his erase move..if u dont dot it asap again it will regen fast =/

all in all pretty easy tho (=

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Make sure you unstack your cookies or something so you can invite everyone if you get the killshot

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm always amazed when people don't understand basic hate mechanic and monster behavior after 3 years It usually make the differences between good players and players that will end up being a deadweigth in alliance.

It's possible to solo/duo all 3 Ix with the right setup. Just need to abuse crappy pathfinding, or stupid AI

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I'm always amazed when people don't understand basic hate mechanic and monster behavior after 3 years
    nothing you can XP or Merit on except darters in DA has this kind of hate mechanic, how is that basic understanding?

I'm always amazed when people don't understand basic hate mechanic and monster behavior after 3 years It usually make the differences between good players and players that will end up being a deadweigth in alliance.

It's possible to solo/duo all 3 Ix with the right setup. Just need to abuse crappy pathfinding, or stupid AI
    i still dont see how u can solo the ix'mnk unless theres some pathing i havent figured out yet..and he always seemd to catch up speed items =/
    and i heard of peeps soloing it without gaiters...so there gotta be something i dont get -.-
    would be cool if u could give me some tipps =p

and i dont see how u can get rid of the ix drk rng types and then solo him..
    but then again i havent tried that one (=

and yeah not everyone has sea that long yet, i for myself have it quite some time now but really started to investigate it maybe a month ago.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    I'm always amazed when people don't understand basic hate mechanic and monster behavior after 3 years
    nothing you can XP or Merit on except darters in DA has this kind of hate mechanic, how is that basic understanding?
    Every Aern works like that.

And just because most people spend their time xping doesn't mean they have to be totally clueless about different type of aggro. There is time where knowing the game mechanic works better than a bunch of merits.

still dont see how u can solo the ix'mnk unless theres some pathing i havent figured out yet..and he always seemd to catch up speed items =/
    and i heard of peeps soloing it without gaiters...so there gotta be something i dont get -.-
    would be cool if u could give me some tipps =p
    Can kite forever in ebon panel room. You need 2 ppl for this one because someone has to make the pull with flee. Separating them Ix from his pet might be tricky too since you can't be in same alliance, and Ix pop claimed.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

more specifically the aerns get confused when they are going through the middle and you are at a corner. Simply watch it and you can kite it easily, while doting it to death.

Doesn't even take that long.

Funnily enough once we did this, and had the melee people catch up and he somehow was suddlenly stuck in hundred fists mode, and proceeded to kill alot of surprised melee in short order.

It was fairly amusing.