Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manaburn Ix'Drg     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Manaburn Ix'Drg

A few nights ago we were meriting in Sea off Aerns when Ix'Drg pops. The pt we had consisted of BLMx5 and BRD, we attempted to kill Ix'DRG the BRD pulled the 3 wynavs well the BLMs nuked Ix'DRG and zoned. We got it to about 75% and wiped, the major problem was that Ix would go after the BLM that zoned, it would go right through the portal after the BLM with hate.
    Has anyone ever been able to kill Ix'DRG with a single pt? Has there ever been a thread on BG that describes the strategy to consider? Any strategy for a merit pt killing Ix'Drg would be great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah you can kill it with one party.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

you're supposed to disband the party, because it aggros the entire party.

SE might have nerfed this method though.

Before you pull it, dedicate sombody as the Wynav Kiter. When you pull Ix, have the Wynav Kiter take hate on the 3 Wynavs with something (Horde Lullaby, Stonega, whatever) and kite by using the portals. Nobody should ever touch the wynavs or the kiter.

This leaves the rest of the group to just worry about Ix'DRG. I've never done it with a manaburn PT so I'm not too sure what's involved, but I imagine a group of BLMs can just bounce hate and kite it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they changed Ix'DRG so it could go through the portal, but I've killed it a few times with just a couple BLM. Need at least 3 BLMs and like it was mentioned, have to disband the party first.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

We have actually gotten this guy like 3 times in the last week and a the last time 5 people managed to kill it. I wasn't there for the last one personally. But couple things, one you have to disband before the pull if your going to use the teleporters. Secondly, if one person nuke/bios it and get slept by the pets do not cure them. They have to take the hit to wake up. If you cure them its pretty much like grouping up. The shared hate will allow drg to go past the teleporters due to 2 people sharing hate at one time. If this does happen and it goes through the rooms just run back to where it spawned. You can grab it again but unfornuately you have to start all over.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

You could duo it, or even solo it with a smart rdm.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

How long will the Ix'Drg typically stay up for? When we popped it we had 2 other Aerns still in the room and if we kited Ix'Drg around the room we were sure to link them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Depops when it reaches the spawn point right?

Guy in my LS soloed it a few weeks ago as BLM.

The trick still works as long as everyone disbands the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Before you pull it, dedicate sombody as the Wynav Kiter. When you pull Ix, have the Wynav Kiter take hate on the 3 Wynavs with something (Horde Lullaby, Stonega, whatever) and kite by using the portals. Nobody should ever touch the wynavs or the kiter.

This leaves the rest of the group to just worry about Ix'DRG. I've never done it with a manaburn PT so I'm not too sure what's involved, but I imagine a group of BLMs can just bounce hate and kite it.
    Essentially what I had said we should try at the time (I was in ruffles' pt), just worded a little differently. Told ya we should have had someone superman kite the wynavs while blms ping-pong it back and forth through the portal.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

you don't pingpong it..you're gonna get links from the shit thru the portal.

you disband. first blm does bio2, and zones thru the portal. hate is lost and it runs back. BLM2 does t4, and zones. repeat over and over.

There is nothing on the other side of the portal to link to it though if you're in a manaburn pt, that's the thing. It's not like you have to be on opposite ends of each room or anything. Keep buffs up at all times and each blm only has to be a few steps back from each end of the portal.

edit: forgot to add that Ix seemed to stop for a second while trying to go through the portal, though it might have just been my imagination since it was like 1 or 2 in the morning.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Also put have a dedicated dotter because if no one is keeping track of who's dotting it, chances are it'll regen. If you have a RDM in your group, have him do it. As soon as he dots it, zone out and in right away so when the dots wear, he'll know exactly when to reapply it.

So yea.. basically everyone is disbanded, blm full buffs, cast in max distance then zone out after. Rinse and repeat.. easy.

You don't even have to worry about the wynavs, just be @ max distance when casting. If you do get slept.. u should be close enough to the zone that you'll live to see the other zone with just a few hits off your stoneskin.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Greyheim
    There is nothing on the other side of the portal to link to it though if you're in a manaburn pt, that's the thing. It's not like you have to be on opposite ends of each room or anything. Keep buffs up at all times and each blm only has to be a few steps back from each end of the portal.
    if there were nothing for it to link with, then you wouldnt need to disband the party to kill it.

I thought the reason for disbanding and using the portal was that way Ix'DRG wouldn't follow you through the portal, but instead just walk back to the starting point with no aggro.

Seems like it's funky hatewise to me, similar to darters in DA. Note: I've always fought Ix'DRG in an group prepared to fight it straight up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

The reason for disbanding is the shared hate. If you go through the portal to shed aggro he'll attack anyone else who is in your party. Links or no links you can see why that is bad.

Any time 2 or more people are on the hate list of any mob in that area and zone through the portal, the enemy will follow through to the other side. In the case where the mob is an aern, Ix' or Aw', it will link all of the other aerns that are between the portal entrances, and you'll get rushed by a half-dozen aerns about 5 seconds after your arrival. What Nynja is trying to say is that since Ix'aern DRG has shared PT hate, it will follow you across in this fashion even if only one person has touched him, so it is in your interests to disband your PT and take turns nuking him and zoning, meanwhile keeping DoT on him so he won't recover HP in the periods of time between people's nukes. This was my prior understanding as well.

Nynja correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Any time 2 people are on the hate list of any mob in that area and zone through the portal, the enemy will follow through to the other side. In the case where the mob is an aern, Ix' or Aw', it will link all of the other aerns that are between the portal entrances, and you'll get rushed by a half-dozen aerns about 5 seconds after your arrival. What Nynja is trying to say is that since Ix'aern DRG has shared PT hate, it will follow you across in this fashion even if only one person has touched him, so it is in your interests to disband your PT and take turns nuking him and zoning, meanwhile keeping DoT on him so he won't recover HP in the periods of time between people's nukes. This was my prior understanding as well.

Nynja correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation.
    yes, this is correct.

if you zone with hate, it'll go hunt another target....this can be someone on the side of the portal it spawned on, or on the other side of the portal (not to mention that when you zone, you arent even killing off hate because you'll just throw yourself back on the hate list). Between the portals are walkable areas, which is how Ix'DRG goes through, though we cant walk through because we'd zone into a portal. Between both portal destinations, contrary to what was stated, there ARE aerns stationned in that area, and they WILL link to Ix'DRG. If you dont believe me, then I will walk my lazy ass up there and get a screenshot of an aern stationned between both portals because I fucking hate when ppl argue with me when I know I'm right.