+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Universe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PSU is going to be fun :D

I'm curious as to what the time involvement is in relation to FFXI. Does anyone know? What system(s) wil this run on?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I'm curious as to what the time involvement is in relation to FFXI. Does anyone know? What system(s) wil this run on?
    PS2, mediocre computers.

Less time investment. There's no 3 hour Nidhogg camps or 2 hours standing around lfp. Travel is almost instant. Far more time is actually spent playing the game instead of waiting around for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    PS2, mediocre computers.

Less time investment. There's no 3 hour Nidhogg camps or 2 hours standing around lfp. Travel is almost instant. Far more time is actually spent playing the game instead of waiting around for something to happen.
    Any crafts, etc?

Xavier

Its on 360 too, but for some fked up reason the 360 version can't play w/ the ps2/pc version.

Its not really a MMO. Its more like an online gauntlets legends or w/e. At least thats how PSO was, I think PSU is just a larger PSO w/ a real storyline for singleplayer, been a while since I read up on it.

But basically, PSU is what you'd play inbetween windows camping Fafnir for 3hrs for entertainment.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Any crafts, etc?
    That really hasn't been made clear yet. Supposedly you get a bot that will make things for you and you can set up a shop in your room. But, how deep it goes is anyone's guess now.

Black Belt
    BG Level

time commitment seems like all you do is hang out in Whitegate and do Assault after Assault (though the actual Assaults are more involved).

seems like there are synths, you get to raise your robot pet thingy and give it items and it'll make stuff. it also doubles as a pet that will eventually be able to fight with you.

you get to decorate your room and people can go in, the bazaar is attached to your room not to your character.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Video looked pretty cool, I might jump on the bandwagon and give it a shot. But before I do, IGN and GameSpot await with their opinions. =\

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The biggest difference between FFXI and PSO will probably be that it's geared entirely around small groups. There aren't any dynamis type raids or Tiamat fights; nothing more that 6 people now and I doubt they'll ever increase that limit.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    The biggest difference between FFXI and PSO will probably be that it's geared entirely around small groups. There aren't any dynamis type raids or Tiamat fights; nothing more that 6 people now and I doubt they'll ever increase that limit.
    yeah that kind of sucks. i'm undecided on whether i'll spend my time on it.

would be nice if they would add some missions where 2 or 3 groups can alliance up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll pick up PSU

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I solo is PSO, I hate doing things in groups, it's great to have that option to be able to solo anything a group of 4 can. I hope PSU is similiar.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    would be nice if they would add some missions where 2 or 3 groups can alliance up.
    I wouldn't mind if they added them very sparingly and without making them drop a bunch of rares people feel compelled to get. The big selling point for me is that it's a game you can jump into and never have to feel dependent on a large group of people.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If anyone wants to be spoiled, heres a link to videos covering the entire 1st and 2nd chapters of PSU, about 3hrs total of vid.

http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-2/ ... ideos.html

This does look very cool, so you say it will be out for PS2, PC and X360?
    What system will most people be playing this for? I would most want to pick it up for 360 since it has the most accessible online interface, but it is stupid that it won't be on the same servers as PC or PS2. I suppose PC would be the way to go.
    This does look very cool and I have been looking for a reason to quit FFXI, so maybe this could be what I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Its on 360 too, but for some fked up reason the 360 version can't play w/ the ps2/pc version.
    Ah! That really blows I was really looking forward to being able to play with my PC friends on 360, oh well, looks like I'll just get it for PC to then

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm getting the PC version most likely since my friends back in RI will be on PS2. I want to be able to still play with them/not shell out hundreds of dollars for a system just to play PS (no good XB1 /grumble).

killerc4

I never quit a single PSO by choice

Dreamcast V1 -> NOL!
    Dreamcast V2 -> Memory Card currupted
    Gamecube -> somehow broke my gamecube so i got another, then around lvl 100 currupt card and character lost.
    Xbox -> lost all my items in the bank somehow ;;

so im really excited about the whole server side thing lol. There's just something addicting about red boxes that keeps people coming back I think.

I have a pretty decent pc so i was thinking id go for that at first but I do like the built in voice chat of the 360. sux that xbox live kinda cuts it off from the others, and I read a review/preview on psoworld saying the xbox suffers from horrible slowdown since its basically trying to emulate a ps2 game at higher res =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

As long as Sega has learned the lesson that people can and will cheat, dropping everything when you die so people can steal it is stupid (Yes I know they fixed it) and 4 areas is not enough, I'm game.