+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathetic PS3 launch news     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pathetic PS3 launch news

http://www.gametab.com/news/671219/ (Europe delayed until March 07)

http://www.gametab.com/news/671263/ (400k US units, 100k Japan units)

What the fuck man. This is retarded.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Xbox360 was 1.5 million units at launch worldwide and was seen as a shortage in some areas. WTF is Sony thinking, they really like fucking over Europe too. They really must want Nintendo or MS to pull the rug from under their feet. 500k units WTF.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I heard only 6 million through fiscal 2007, but I doubt they'll meet that with all the setbacks.

This is like watching someone shoot themselves in the foot in slow motion.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Burn Sony burn, disco inferno~~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Probably want to create rarity and "force" people to preorder it to increase sales. I bet they will have more ready soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    I heard only 6 million through fiscal 2007, but I doubt they'll meet that with all the setbacks.

This is like watching someone shoot themselves in the foot in slow motion.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.
    UK is also denied the option of a basic unit from what I've been told, you want a PS3 you have to shell out for the Premium version or whatever it's called.

The day they said PS3 was an entertainment module rather than a games console they openly said they were out to fuck their own brand and the gamers that helped build it imo.

At least Nintendo looks like it'll be able to re-claim [some of] its past glory with the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    At least Nintendo looks like it'll be able to re-claim [some of] its past glory with the Wii.
    We can only hope they don't become Old Nintendo again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh, PS3. Each month you come up with something else that totally fails to impress me. First the price tag, then the rip-off of Xboxlive and Wii motion sense controller. Next it's the details that the load times will be astronomically longer than any console ever. Now this? Let's all buy Wiis you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Next it's the details that the load times will be astronomically longer than any console ever. Now this? Let's all buy Wiis you guys!
    Good! One less hoser in line when I buy one and sell it for triple on eBay.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Next it's the details that the load times will be astronomically longer than any console ever. Now this? Let's all buy Wiis you guys!
    Good! One less hoser in line when I buy one and sell it for triple on eBay.
    Holy crap, I was thinking the same thing... Except I'm gonna buy as many as I can find.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PS3 is gonna bomb lol

They're really loosing this battle this time around lol. Not only the lack of ps3's but they also lost the exclusiveness of Assassin's Creed Linky > http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/729/729877p1.html It's going to be on PC and the 360 as well. Assassin's Creed and FF we're the only reason I thought for a second about getting a ps3, now no way in hell.

For those that haven't seen Assassin's Creed, it looks god-like > http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assa ... ns%20creed

I doubt PS3 will bomb, I see Wii bombing first tbh. I'll probably get an american PS3 in anycase, it doesn't matter that the PS3 is delayed in the UK cause it's most likely the devs/pubs of the launch games unable to do a good pal release at that time.

waiting for pal timers sucks anyway

Wii is gonna be between 170-250 bucks and is launching with a beautiful zelda and metroid.

launch wise wii is going to be glorious. i bet they will have more units as well, considering 400k is nothing.

They just put too much effort into it, completely useless features that make the price tag so big.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'd hate to work in a Gamestop/EB games after hearing this news. There will be an immesne shortage, and people are going to get pissed off. It happened with 360, and PSP when I worked there, and man...people fucking flipped out when they pre-ordered but couldn't get their system.

Same thing is gonna happen here but it seems like on a much larger scale. Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I'd hate to work in a Gamestop/EB games after hearing this news. There will be an immesne shortage, and people are going to get pissed off. It happened with 360, and PSP when I worked there, and man...people fucking flipped out when they pre-ordered but couldn't get their system.

Same thing is gonna happen here but it seems like on a much larger scale. Ouch
    Wow I didn't even think about that, poor guys lol. That's really gotta suck, especially since people think that you're god and you can just magically pull a console out for them.

My suggestion to you..... call in sick that day.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LOL 400K PS3s

TAKE THAT, BLU-RAY!

I fail to see how the PS3 is gonna bomb. Seriously if games like MGS4, FFXIII, DMC4 and RE5 ALL went to different consoles I'd say "fucking PS3", but they aren't. When those games are released, like Sony or hate them, you WILL see a large increase in PS3 sales. There is no denying that.

The whole allure of the Wii is the control, frankly I see that being shit BUT I can't pass judgement until I try it. If the remote fails the Wii fails. So you basically payed $200 for another GC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast