Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think the reason for the strange HP behaviour is probably because you had engaged one before the others were popped. If you pop one but don't engage it, then pop the others, you can see its HP go down. I'd be willing to bet that had you managed to get the one you were fighting down below 50%, you'd have seen the other Diaboloses HP stay at 50% beyond that point.

Interestingly, we once popped two or three, killed one but wiped to the others and we got a title (the "Lifter of Shadows" equivalent, I forget what it was), though no ???/key item/interloper title. Then in another later run, we popped 3, again killed one but not the others and didn't get a title, so I don't know what's up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    tell your ls to stop being terrible, you can walk past them all and fight the boss in the back 1 boss from 100% all it takes is some common sense to not run in front of the damn thing when its looking at you
    Someone's got a case of the mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    think the reason for the strange HP behaviour is probably because you had engaged one before the others were popped. If you pop one but don't engage it, then pop the others, you can see its HP go down. I'd be willing to bet that had you managed to get the one you were fighting down below 50%, you'd have seen the other Diaboloses HP stay at 50% beyond that point.
    Yes, I think that might be why. Nobody's reported on what happens if you spawn a diabolos mid-fight like we did.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

if you click 1 npc, you spawn 1 diabolos at 100% if you click 2 you spawn 2 at 50% each, and i think it gets to 4 all of them at 33% each. its best to just click 1 npc and fight 1 from 100% so you dont have to deal with 4 different aoe's. sit and watch the diabolos' path around and you will see when its obvious you can run through without drawing aggro. repeat for as long as you need to until all of your alliance is through. we did this zone 2 times, we failed the first with the 4 diabolos' up and won the 2nd with 1 from 100% fairly easily.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, like I said our first real try at this trying to sneak through and we got half the alliance with one nm popped, and just got a little unlucky with the others. It's not so much that I'm trying to avoid sneaking through but I'm tryint to think of other ways to approach this fight.

I have utmost confidence that my LS can take a single diabalos 100-0. However, it would have been nice if we discovered that killing one got the clear regardless of whetehr or not you kill the others. If that were the case we could basically run through, set up, fight/win/wipe to remaining mobs/get clear and continue farming and basically give ourselves a bunch more time as we wouldn't sit there trying to sneak through past the NPCs.

The first strategy discovered to fight pretty much any mob in the game is not the strategy most commonly used in the game at this point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Killing one gets the clear, yes. If you don't aggro another one, of course.

And i believe you have to kill all 4 for the other title, i don't remember what it is. But killing all 4 might maybe give some kind of bonus like improve your Hydra items drop rate, i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    But killing all 4 might maybe give some kind of bonus like improve your Hydra items drop rate.
    To bad it would take the full extra time to kill all 4, lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

And i believe you have to kill all 4 for the other title, i don't remember what it is. But killing all 4 might maybe give some kind of bonus like improve your Hydra items drop rate, i don't know.
    The one run my LS killed one of the Diabolos' (Heart), we got the title from killing him, the interloper from the ???, and finally..."Conquerer of Nightmares" (I forget if that's it exactly) for getting the CS as the Hieroglyphs.
    As far as that increasing the droprate of Hydra gear...it didn't seem like it to us. From what I remember, we've gotten the Haubert, the Beret, and finally the Harness.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's 1 at 100%, 2 at 66%, 3 at 50% or 4 at 50%.