Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dynamis-Tavnazia boss fight question.

My Dynamis linkshell is following the strategy for Dynamis-Tavnazia that DynamisBums has provided, but has not been able to make it through the Diabolos NPCs without aggroing more than one in the three attempts we've made at this area. This led someone to make a suggestion about how to get Diabolos that I wanted to present here for some feedback before we attempt it.

The idea is to get one puller to MGS his way through the Diabolos NPCs, pop Diabolos, hit it and then run back to the rest of the alliance.

As far as I'm aware, the Diabolos NPCs do not despawn until Diabolos is dead or despawns himself after killing your alliance, correct? So this would mean a quick navigation through the Diabolos NPCs once again without gaining additional aggro.

However, I'm wondering if maybe Diabolos gains hate on the entire alliance when he is hit. This would mean that if the puller dies after poping and hitting Diabolos, he might try to track down the rest of the alliance. If so, would the Diabolos NPCs link to him and pop the other 3 on their own?

If you have any ideas that might help answer these questions, please share. Thank you in advance.

I thought the aggro'd Diaboloses did draw-in once you reached the stalagmites.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Halon50
    I thought the aggro'd Diaboloses did draw-in once you reached the stalagmites.
    It does. I tried this with my old LS when people started to think you had to MGS through the NPCs. I made it fine, pulled him, and never made it more than a few feet before getting drawn-in.

So this tactic wouldn't work because Diabolos would draw in the person trying to run back to the alliance and then despawn once that player was dead?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ok im gona look really stupid here, but... couldnt you all just run past the NPCs die, reraise, wait till unweak and then fight him where he is? >.>

The NPCs don't attack you at all. When you start Dynamis-Tavnazia there are no Diabolos NMs up. Each time you aggro an NPC a Diabolos NM spawns, up to a total of 4.

The goal is to only aggro one NPC so that you only need to fight one NM to clear Dynamis-Tavnazia. However, getting a group of 18 people from the bridge on the 2nd level of Tavnazia Safehold to the north part where the 4 exits are when there are 3 NPCs blocking the way that move every 10-15 seconds is not always easy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

sounds like the stupid promys (only worse? O.o) trust the CoP team to fail hard again. if it is as you described i cant see any other way of doing it other than all 18 people being extreamly lucky with dodging agro. i take it you cant kill all 4?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    sounds like the stupid promys (only worse? O.o) trust the CoP team to fail hard again. if it is as you described i cant see any other way of doing it other than all 18 people being extreamly lucky with dodging agro. i take it you cant kill all 4?
    There have been no reports of a LS successfully killing more than 1 of the Diabolos NMs let alone all 4. If you did get unlucky and spawn all 4, I suppose you could try and bind/kite three of the NPCs away around the central circle while everyone else fights the 1 but I'm not sure if the other 3 would despawn or if they have shared hate as the one engaged. Needless to say SE really dropped the ball with how to engage this NM as it really wastes like 1/3 of the 1 hour you get to effectively engage the boss

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Actually it seems not all of them have draw-in.

When we first went in we didn't know anything about the boss and popped all 4, the whole alliance was drawn-in as soon as one person was spotted.

So we decided to try something "Minotaur-like", the puller went in, aggroed only one of them, but no one else got drawn-in so this doesn't work. He soloed Diabolos for 5%, got Nightmared, died, and Diabolos depopped, hence no alliance hate.

So maybe one specific Diabolos has the draw-in capability.

By the way, the Diabolos bosses are not that hard and have low HP, so having only one of them with less than 18 people could work. You could just let your group go in one by one, trying not to aggro the NPCs, and stop when someone aggroes one Diabolos.

If you've managed to get more than a balanced party through, you could manage to kill it, get the clear, and have the last timer pop.

Well, even for Dbums its not a cake walk. We dont even try to kill them if more then 1 is aggroed. No, each diabolos doesnt have THAT much hp, but they are by no means push overs and as always, a un-stunned Nightmare will wipe everyone.

For us, we usually attempt a win, try and sneak by (patience patience patience), and if we aggro more then one, just finish the run farming.

If we manange to get all through with only 0-1 aggro, then we go for the gold. But as you have seen, getting 18 people past 4 roaming NPCs isnt that easy so wins are not everyday occasions.

None the Less. Tav Sliver: O

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    There have been no reports of a LS successfully killing more than 1 of the Diabolos NMs let alone all 4.
    A quote from an LS kiting one while killing the other, eventually killing both:

OMGWTFBBQ

Yeah, UnsentLimit on Odin has already won Dynamis-Tavnazia by killing 2 NMs.

At least they picked the right one to kite lol, would have been funny to see the guy trying to continually outrun netherblast.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ok so tell me if I'm crazy. I did tav last night for the first time and I was thinking about how it is set up and wondering what SE was thinking when they made it. I am assuming that they design it to be beaten a certain way, and while people may not always do it that way, they have a strategy in mind when they designed it.

My experience last night was this: We tried sending small groups of people through the NPCs, and got about 9 or 10 thorugh with only one NM pop, but then got 2 more. We ended up with 3 diabalos mobs up (I believe spade, club and diamond). Here's the kicker though...if you have more than one mob up, do you NEED to kill all of them to get the clear? Or can you just kill one, wipe to the others and still get the ??? clear point where you killed the first one?

With 3 mobs up, each diabalos was at 50%. I assume (1 mob=100%, 2 mobs=75%, 3 mobs=50%) that with all 4 up they would be at 25% each. Last night we took one from 50% to 17% with a sort of first time strategy that included a couple blms not even being able to get a spell off, a sam that died before 2hr etc. So we can take at least 30% off in a zerg rush attack.

IF you only have to kill ONE of the ones that pop it would be possible to do the following:

Have the alliance aside from 3 rdms at either diamond or club (as they are on the lu faise side and have longer tunnels- gives you more distance from the other mobs). Melees can engage BACKWARDS right next to the mob. This cuts down on time lost.

The 3 red mages can go to each of the other 3 mobs that are up, and they will ES+bind them (Does grav work? they could es bind/chainspell/spam grav until it sticks). The bind will come at a called time. one person can make a macro that looks basically like this:

/p Sync nukes begin
    /wait 3
    /p Binds and melee go!

the blms will begin casting thundaga III or amII, the rdms will bind a few seconds later and basically the nukes will hit right as the melee turn, plds invincible, and everyone dumps everything they have on the one being fought. The binders should (as soon as their mob is bound) run to the fight and assist by cs+nukespam and you should be able to drop it from 25% to 0 before the others show up and do too much damage.

I'm 100% confident this will work but it is IF and ONLY IF you only need to defeat one of the mobs that popped. If you pop 3 and have to kill all 3 to clear then well...to hell with the clear we're just going to farm from now on lol.

You have to kill all that are popped in order to win.

I did tav last Friday. Unaware that diabolos drew in, I tried to pull a single diabolos mob through the gauntlet...after 2-3 draw-ins, I said fuckit and told my alliance to move north to meet me. Of course this spawned the other 3...

Anyway, with 1 diabolos popped he was definitely at 100% health. We started fighting him and then the others popped during the fight, and his health did not change. Other people reported that the diaboloses had linked health, though: even though we were only attacking one, all 4 had the exact same health amount at all times.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You mean you damaged one and the others took damage?

Yes.

Old Merits
    BG Level

hmmmm thats in stark contrast to other reports, but it does make sense. I wonder if they've patched diabalos and changed it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

tell your ls to stop being terrible, you can walk past them all and fight the boss in the back 1 boss from 100% all it takes is some common sense to not run in front of the damn thing when its looking at you