+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers baby!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Steelers baby!

Hell fucking yeah, I'm so excited, Steelers look awesome already. Able to win with frigging Charlie Batch at QB. Willie Parker is the frigging man. And Heath Miller gonna really show how good he is this year when he gets more catches with Randle El gone.

Sorry for the seemingly useless post, just pumped for football, finally back! :D

Little Mother
    BG Level

Not a worthless post, I'm a huge Steelers fan, and I'll tell you how excited I was to see them play so well tonight =)

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

9-7 team

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    12-4 team
    fixed

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

yay go hines! beat tyr into the ground

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

They didnt even win their own division last year. They are in the second toughest division in football. They wont do as good as they did last year. Their short yardage game is gone (hello fumble on 1 yard line), big ben has health issues, and they lost randel el. Hell, 14 of their points tonight was on blown coverages.

THE FINAL 2 MINUTES!!! Steelers 28 Miami 17 GOGOGOOGOGOGO PITTSBURGH~!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didnt even win their own division last year. They are in the second toughest division in football. They wont do as good as they did last year. Their short yardage game is gone (hello fumble on 1 yard line), big ben has health issues, and they lost randel el. Hell, 14 of their points tonight was on blown coverages.
    We didn't win it because we lost Ben for 4 games last year. I sadly enough, was at the game Tommy Maddox played in which made me sad in the pants. That fumble on the 1 was Batch's fault so citing that as an example is stupid. Randle El was nothing but a trick play man, he never caught the big catch or anything like that, 10 yard passes to him. Cedrick Wilson will replace him easily and Heath Miller is gonna get alot more balls thrown at him.

Those blown coverages were blown for a reason... they were great plays on the Steelers' part. Their short yardage game will get better when Duce starts getting the ball over Verron.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The bengals and ravens have both improved. The steelers didnt do much in the offseason. You're being a homer, its obvious they arent what they were last season.

The bengals and ravens have both improved. The steelers didnt do much in the offseason. You're being a homer, its obvious they arent what they were last season.
    I understand that. I also understand how I'm biased. The Ravens are mediocre to me, Bengals are reallll good, that's obvious. But the Steelers can still go 12-4... even if they lose to the Bengals, it's only 2 losses!

You played a dolphins team with a lackluster defense at best. You played a dolphins team who is riding on the shoulders of one player (culpepper) until they can find someone else to step up. If you get excited about your chances for the year based upon a game with miami, Cleveland, or Detroit you are bound to be dissapointed come January. Although Batch did a good job filling in and the defense looks somewhat decent (really fast in the secondary)

And big ben sucks so bad ...........

Trade him to Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    You played a dolphins team who is riding on the shoulders of one player (culpepper) until they can find someone else to step up.
    SUCKS TO BE YOU LOLZ!!!
    I'm so glad we ditched that blundering idiot, and that ANY team would pick up his crippled ass. I don't know if I can speak for the entire state, but there was a lot of rejoicing when he got hurt!
    ELOHEL!!!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    You played a dolphins team who is riding on the shoulders of one player (culpepper) until they can find someone else to step up.
    SUCKS TO BE YOU LOLZ!!!
    I'm so glad we ditched that blundering idiot, and that ANY team would pick up his crippled ass. I don't know if I can speak for the entire state, but there was a lot of rejoicing when he got hurt!
    ELOHEL!!!!!1!
    Check your messages asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    SUCKS TO BE YOU LOLZ!!!
    ELOHEL!!!!!1!
    Check your messages asshole
    check and replied! bawl is in your court

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lol you clearly know nothing about football. The Steelers run what is called a zone blitz. On the Joey Porter interception it looked to culpepper like he was going to be rushing the passer since he started at the line, so for that reason Daunte did not account for him dropping back into coverage which is how he was able to intercept the ball, that is how the zone blitz works. The pass with Heath Miller I am thinking was a safety or cornerback blitz, and the tight end is commonly not accounted for, so stop making excuses since probably whatever team you are from sucks ass.
    As far as the fumble that has nothing to do with the short yardage game. It has to do with a quarterback not being used to that situation since he has started 3 games in 2 years. And if you watched the game you saw Parker didn't just run outside the whole game and instead went between the tackles and ran people over. While I agree we do need to find an alternative since Parker will break down throughout the season, our short yardage game is still fine. The Steelers game is 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust and that continued to be evident last night.
    Correction, they are in the toughest division in football. No team in the NFC East is proven, it is all speculation. The Steelers are proven, Bengals are proven, and the Ravens defense is proven, and now they have McNair. I think 12-4 is accurate. We will lose two games in the division (1 to the Bengals, 1 to Ravens), and two other random games throughout the season. And then anything could happen in the playoffs.
    Oh, and as far as Randle El, did you just not watch the game last night? Hello Heath Miller, Hello Nate Washington. Nate Washington made an excellent catch for that first touchdown in the corner, and he ran the reverse, both plays that would have been Randle El's a year before. And Heath Miller goes without saying, he will be invaluable in the red zone.
    I am sorry for the long winded post, but when people make these empty claims that make no sense when thought through it annoys me.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Their short yardage game is gone (hello fumble on 1 yard line)
    that's ignorant, a fumble during the center-QB exchange has no relevance on the running game. i didn't get to watch most of the game but i saw some highlights and Parker was doing okay gaining yards between the tackles.

big ben has health issues, and they lost randel el.
    of course repeating is not going to be easy and highly unlikely, this is the NFL afterall. but Big Ben's health issues are as much a question as Palmer's recovery and since when did Steve McNair who gets older every year become a sure thing savior?

Randle El is obviously a lost too but he's not irreplacable.

Hell, 14 of their points tonight was on blown coverages.
    isn't that how you win pretty much every game in the NFL? on any given sunday, the team that exploits the most mistakes win.

I have no delusions about my team. I'm pretty sure the Buffalo Bills are going 2-14 this year. I'm just happy that Pittburgh brought down an AFC East opponent, however annoying the lot of you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I have no delusions about my team. I'm pretty sure the Buffalo Bills are going 2-14 this year. I'm just happy that Pittburgh brought down an AFC East opponent, however annoying the lot of you are.
    Welcome to being a Browns fan

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Steelers played well last night and anyone who says otherwise is either retarded or a dolphins fan.

Lets not forget the massive holes Porter found in the defence along with how thier zone blitz coverage made them look slow.

Porters interception like previous poster wrote worked so well due to the fact how he had his back turned to look to come in as a blizting back on the end. Him dropping back into coverage into a play that the Dolphins had been running quite a few times with the short drop, quick out pass to a reciever that had been given quite a cushion with Ike Taylor on the side.

So for people calling me a homer, I'm cool with that, realize though that until February of 2007, I can say that my team is the defending superbowl champions.

How preposterous is it you saying 9-7 ... thats laughable they have an incrediably weak schedual; with Bengals in week 3 and week 16 probably being the toughest games, Denver again won't proove to be easy and neither will Jacksonville. Panthers game late in the season, by then most of the playoff teams will be set hopefully by week 13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast