FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

X-Men: Phoenix- Warsong

Dear Marvel Comics,

Why do you continue to mock your reading audience? It is not bad enough that you have made such stellar miniseries like Kitty Pride: Agent of Shield and X-Force: Shatterstar which both harmed great characters with horrible art and writing, but why do you insist on taking the majesty of the Phoenix and dragging it through the mud? Why do you insist on hiring writers who continually take squats on all know continuity and ignore character development? Is it too hard to find a writer who has actually read an issue or two of your comic books and does not loathe and mock them every chance they can get? (Yes, I am looking at you, Grant Morrison.)

For the love of all things bright and beautiful, hire some writers who actually know how to write. Hire some artists who actually went to art school and can draw human proportions correctly. (I'm looking at you, Rob Liefield.) And for pity's sake, hire some editors who will say things like "Hey, Sauron can't breathe fire" or "This origin for Nightcrawler is moronic and laughable, write it again but this time leave out the stupid."

With Hatred and Contempt,
    Septimus.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you should really send that to Marvel

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    you should really send that to Marvel
    Tell me where. This piece of crap infuriated me more than the enierty of the wretched Phoenix- Endsong miniseries.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: X-Men: Phoenix- Warsong

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    (I'm looking at you, Rob Liefield.)
    Is Liefeld working for Marvel again?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: X-Men: Phoenix- Warsong

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    (I'm looking at you, Rob Liefield.)
    Is Liefeld working for Marvel again?
    Heroes Reborn. I cannot stand his fucking Robanatomy. He must give the best blowjobs on the planet, becasue I don't understand why people keep giving him jobs. BTW Sept, you would be right at home on the /co/ board.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

read some better, non-franchise comics as a tonic for the garbage marvel has been spitting out for about for straight years now.

I recommend

http://www.dccomics.com/features/ylastman/

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    read some better, non-franchise comics as a tonic for the garbage marvel has been spitting out for about for straight years now.

I recommend

I read as much as I can. Franchise or non. If it's good it's good, if it sucks it sucks.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked Endsong personally (though mostly for the art), is Warsong really that bad? I've been following Civil War but haven't been keeping on any other Marvel series atm, though I really should get caught up on Astonishing X-Men, I've liked Whedon's run on it

New Merits
    BG Level

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Bullets i think this is probably the best book from vertigo right now.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by elita
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Bullets i think this is probably the best book from vertigo right now.
    vertigo is DC

New Merits
    BG Level

ahh didnt know that lol but out of the vertigo titles i think it is the best of them all. any word on when the y the last man movie is going to be released in theaters?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok. I'll bite! WHY ARE HER TITS THAT BIG! AND WHY THE HELL ARE THOSE KIDS MOLESTING HER?

New Merits
    BG Level

i have no idea lol its just a cropped gif of a much larger gif i found on ytmnd

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I see it's not safe to trust Mainstream comics again yet (lol Civil War/Crisis)

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Actually, Civil War is a decent read. Infinate Crisis and after has been pretty damn good as well. Go read some Kingdom Come, and tell me that does not make you want to get into "mainstream" comics. Hell even Identity Crisis was a good read.

New Merits
    BG Level

i went to the comic shot the other day and found all the issues of kingdom come someone earlier that day came in and sold them to the shop owner for only like 2bucks each =D

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Actually, Civil War is a decent read. Infinate Crisis and after has been pretty damn good as well. Go read some Kingdom Come, and tell me that does not make you want to get into "mainstream" comics. Hell even Identity Crisis was a good read.
    I really enjoy Civil War so far, they're doing a pretty good job of having the storylines crossover and giving you all the different views of various conflicts.

And come on, Thor is back

Old Merits
    BG Level

The best "mainstream" comic out right now is Detective Comics. I've only read the first two issues of Paul Dini's run, and I hear the third is out, but it is fantastic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction

I recommend

I read as much as I can. Franchise or non. If it's good it's good, if it sucks it sucks.
    YOu don't like Y? That shit is fucking amazing. But then I liked Grant Morrison on X-Men also.

But the best comic money can buy right now is easily Walking Dead.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by elita
    i went to the comic shot the other day and found all the issues of kingdom come someone earlier that day came in and sold them to the shop owner for only like 2bucks each =D
    Holy shit!