Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest effects items     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Conquest effects items

Do conquest weapons and armor only go off your original nationality? I was originally Sandy and now currently Windy. Im in a sandy controlled area. My swords are triggered by outside your nations control and are not active in this area.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Signet?

I switched to Windy too and my conquest gear still works as expected.

give me a few to get signet and see

would having normal signet effect items effects in Sea dynamis and toAU?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Signet is a requirement for those kinds of items to work, if you get no CP in an area, then it wont work regardless.

Tonko

Any Conquet item will only work if you have Signet on. And yes, Sea, Sky, and Limbus are part of the Conquest areas.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nation control items don't take affect in ToAU areas.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In some areas not on conquest map (Promyvions) I think you can't use the inside nation controlled areas (e.g. Tortoise Shield) items

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz
    In some areas not on conquest map (Promyvions) I think you can't use the inside nation controlled areas (e.g. Tortoise Shield) items
    Opposite.

Sea is ALWAYS "outside of your nation's control" and you will get the effect of M.C. Bracelets or w/e you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriz
    Opposite.

Sea is ALWAYS "outside of your nation's control" and you will get the effect of M.C. Bracelets or w/e you're using.
    Uh, he didn't contridict that, he stated something also true. You CANNOT use 'inside nation controlled' items inside sea/promy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City
    yes they do if you have Signet... my Mst.Cst. Bracelets work fine in ToAU but hell im not gonna have Signet over Sanction.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    yes they do if you have Signet... my Mst.Cst. Bracelets work fine in ToAU but hell im not gonna have Signet over Sanction.
    No they don't.
    They do work equally well with sanction and signet, but they just don't work in ToAU areas. I see it both with MstCstBracelets and with RepGoldMedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Signet is a requirement for those kinds of items to work, if you get no CP in an area, then it wont work regardless.
    The first part(you need signet for these items to work) is correct. CP is incorrect, nation control items work fine in dynamis and sea, areas where you get no cp.

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    Master caster bracelets don't work in toa. Last time a thread like this was started some people claimed that items giving +hp or +mp worked, but items that give +skill definitely don't work.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    The first part(you need signet for these items to work) is correct. CP is incorrect, nation control items work fine in dynamis and sea, areas where you get no cp.
    That doesnt make what I say not true, Dynamis mobs give no exp, and CP comes from gaining exp (EP or higher).

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Sea mobs give exp but no CP. CP Items work in sea. Nice job of only refuting one of the counter-examples the aptly named Dr. Obvious stated.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

CP items work in -all- areas excluding ToAU areas, you need Signet or (ironically) Sanction to get them to work. This includes all Dynamis and Al'Taieu/Limbus areas...im not positive about Promyvion though.

In Region under own Nation's control is more restricted, therefore it wont work in sea/dynamis/limbus.

In Region outside own Nation's control = everything, hope you're allied with the crappy nation and whatever.

HP/MP items dont work in ToAU either, i've tried to get my Intruder Earring to work before and it hasnt. As stated above, Sanction works just like Signet in mainland areas, SE will probably tweak this seeing as they're supposed to be different anyways.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Sea mobs give exp but no CP. CP Items work in sea. Nice job of only refuting one of the counter-examples the aptly named Dr. Obvious stated.
    I didnt refute the other 1, because it was /gasp, true?

Why does this question keep getting asked? It's very simple. When considering conquest items, there are 2 types of areas:

ToAU areas: Any area on the "Beseiged" region map.
    -Conquest items will NOT work here, no matter what you do. Not even lordwafik can make cp items work here. (Well, maybe wafik.)

Non-ToAU areas: Any area NOT on the "Beseiged" region map.
    This includes: Any area on the "Conquest" region map. Promy areas. Dynamis areas. Sea areas. Limbus areas (yes they are sea areas but someone will ask).
    -Conquest items WILL work here, if you meet the following requirements:
    1. You have signet OR sanction on (my MC bracelets activate in windy if I have sanction on, I checked it once). Of course you want signet on because it will (probably) last much longer than sanction will for you.
    2. If it's an "inside" cp item, your nation MUST control the region. This means you CANNOT get the cp benefit from "inside" items when you are in areas such as Promys, Sea (including Limbus), or Dynamis.
    3. If it's an "outside" cp item, your nation MUST NOT control the region. This means you ALWAYS get the cp benefit from "outside" items when you are in areas such as Promys, Sea (including Limbus), or Dynamis.