Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thankfully we've never encountered hell mode as we refer to it now since a long time ago. I really hope we never do again either . The lock seems to prevent it from ever switching to this mode.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auronku
    This is my theory based on today's fight and last: The possible ways to explain the locking of AV are either:

A) Killing a set number of wynav groups (whether this has to be at the same time not is still uncertain to me)

or

B) Killing a set of wynav after AV hits approx 96-95ish%(again i'm not sure if they needa be killed at same time)
    On the run that we (Millennium of Caitsith) locked AV's abilities, we killed the Wynavs right at the start of the fight (AV was still 98%+ when the Wynavs died) and that was the fight which we won. So I'm pretty sure option B can be ruled out.

Also some things to note I guess. AV has different forms I guess when he doesn't has wynavs. The first time we tried everytime I went to sac him he would kill me with a TP move. Either Medusa Javelin or Explosive Impact. He did this everytime. The third time I think it was he was also without wynavs and instead of using TP moves he would chase, then stop momentarily, take out his spear and then kill me just by attacking.

Also before our third attempt he did EES and Chainspell Tornoado II me so I got to die in much more entertaining ways tonight. I'm not sure if these modes affected anything, but maybe there's something to them that I'm missing.
    I also mentioned this back in another AV post. AV would go on different "sprees" during the few hours I was sac pulling. For a time he would always open with a TP move, then for another certain amount of time he would always kill me with a spell, then another certain amount of time he would kill me only with regular melee hits.

I think his Wynavs also behave in a similar way. I remember there were times when the Wynavs would always chase me throughout my entire Flee time, and other times they would always stop when they get within range to start casting -ga spells. When this happened, all 3 Wynavs would stop to cast together (if all were within casting range). They always either simply chase me together or would try casting together.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

As I said we were considering giving up because we were farely frustrated not being able to repeat what we had done last time, but I'm really happy we stuck in there even if it wasn't ungodly long like we've done before. I'm talking to another shell on Bismarck atm that's trying these things and not having much luck though btw so take these theories with a grain of salt.
    We had a bunch of goes at it. Some ended horribly with Meteor or Aeroga IV spam, but a few times we got it to 90-95%, but wouldn't lock out anything.

Finally we did manage to lock AV, but only the 2hrs. It still kept the ability to cast magic. Managed to get it to 79% even though it was still casting Tornado II and Aeroga IV. As soon as it hit 79% it wrecked us with two or three Meteor (without Manafont) casts in a row.

After it regenerated back to 100%, it still couldn't use 2hrs, but it gained the ability to use TP moves again. So, at that point we were basically screwed. It's possible to kill AV slowly while it can still cast, but not if it reaches points where it'll spam Meteor.

We tried a couple things hoping to fully reset the mob to its original state where it would use 2hrs and summon wyverns. With a fresh start it could have been possible to fully lock all abilities. But, nothing would work. We let it sit idle over the spawn point for a few seconds and also tried to reset by calling for help, but eventually we just let it despawn when it was apparent that it was locked into magic/TP move mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    As I said we were considering giving up because we were farely frustrated not being able to repeat what we had done last time, but I'm really happy we stuck in there even if it wasn't ungodly long like we've done before. I'm talking to another shell on Bismarck atm that's trying these things and not having much luck though btw so take these theories with a grain of salt.
    We had a bunch of goes at it. Some ended horribly with Meteor or Aeroga IV spam, but a few times we got it to 90-95%, but wouldn't lock out anything.

Finally we did manage to lock AV, but only the 2hrs. It still kept the ability to cast magic. Managed to get it to 79% even though it was still casting Tornado II and Aeroga IV. As soon as it hit 79% it wrecked us with two or three Meteor (without Manafont) casts in a row.

After it regenerated back to 100%, it still couldn't use 2hrs, but it gained the ability to use TP moves again. So, at that point we were basically screwed. It's possible to kill AV slowly while it can still cast, but not if it reaches points where it'll spam Meteor.

We tried a couple things hoping to fully reset the mob to its original state where it would use 2hrs and summon wyverns. With a fresh start it could have been possible to fully lock all abilities. But, nothing would work. We let it sit idle over the spawn point for a few seconds and also tried to reset by calling for help, but eventually we just let it despawn when it was apparent that it was locked into magic/TP move mode.
    This is basically what happened recently on Alexander.

We killed five sets of wyv until we noticed that it no longer used any 2hs or recalled them. It still retained magic and TP moves though so we tried to reset it through CFH and such but it did nothing. We then just tried to knock it down below 95% but it had murder on its mind and spammed Aeroga IVs.

I'm guessing there is slightly more to do or a certain pattern we are missing here that others are getting right or getting lucky.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Probably unimportant in the grand scheme of AV info, but perhaps without spells locked meteor casts are linked to HP% like Bahamut's various Flares?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

im willing to bet it has something to do with killing a random number of wynav sets, it could be a cumulative number of times between when it pops and how many sets you kill, but if he goes back to his spawn point the number will reset back to 0, in every attempt on AV, wynavs were killed a number of times before his 2hrs locked.

all the kills while using the wall are a little different though, since he was never "locked" and BLMs nuked him to death from the other side...he would put on those super bracelets and become more powerful. the only problem with the theory about killing a certain number of wynav sets is that the wall-o-justice tactic also involved BLMs nuking wynavs off whenever they spawned, so im not sure what to think about this.

when my LS fought AV like 5 months ago, we got totally raped every time we engaged it but we really didnt try that hard to "lock" it, we killed off about 5 sets of wynavs total but we didnt have a sacer so he'd always reach his spawn point before someone would go sac it, the thing we did notice about AV is that we killed off wynavs before we engaged and on all the occasions we had a DRG with Halberd in the group, im not sure how long it takes for him to resummon but for the 3-4 minutes we were engaged he wouldnt resummon them, he did spam 2hrs and magic though. got it down to 98-97% before giving up but the next time we pop it we'll give it a better try.

i still believe it has something to do with killing a random number of wynavs, SE could've changed how to lock it since wall-o-justice tactic had wynavs dying left and right but it was at full strength the whole time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

And it seems that Jailer weapons have nothing to do with it as far as just using Justice Sword. On RDM i had bard put double Acc songs. 300 Tp spirits then i just smacked it with my sword although i was doing 0 damage to it so i just gave up on that and disengaged. I Fraps the battle log from when we engaged to when we locked it so i will go back over that at a later date as im at work now.

I dont know what happened to the wynavs as i was not in that party i was focused on keeping ppl alive.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The one thing that seems consistant is that it took a long time to seal (fighting/attempts prior to sealing). Has anyone intentionally gotten him to cycle through 2hs? Maybe he has a limited MP pool or 2h use (3 of each or whatever) and after that he's just locked up, and at the 60% stage 2 he got them all back. By the sounds of things tho it seems that second stage was removed.

The equivilant would be way back with Kirin, I've heard of LSs causing him to run out of MP over a period of a few hours.

The latent still is a mystery up to this point T_T.
    Goggly doesn't have a lot of time to play anymore but he did try a lot.
    Try to PM him, he did almost everything.
    Grats on the full drops of AV![sash&gkt]

PS: I'm glad more people get the GKT, may be LB can solves the mystery faster.

Archeons,
    Millennium LS

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

first gratz to limit break for 2 AV kills this weekend

i'd like to add a variation of the wynav theory

when Eden on Fairy killed AV.. he was 100% when his 2hours were locked and only 1 set of wynavs were killed... however.. not all wynavs were killed at the same time... 2 were killed by BLM's and the last one was finished off by a SAM

going back, someone mentioned the idea that 3 wynavs represented his different abilities.. that is 2hours, spells, TP moves...

also that was mentioned was that maybe killing them in a certain order fully seals everything, and if not killed in a certain way or certain order, caused only 2hours to lock, but not spells and TP moves...

but now the question is.. how do you know which wynav represents what, and what is the correct order?

is there a way to distinguish the wynavs from each other? like do they have different colour patterns, like eye colour, or back colour (i never noticed anything when we fought it before, but maybe there are minor differences like this)

if they all look the same.. do they act differently? someone mentioned they all casted at the same time for them... was this true for everyone's experience with them?

i dont believe the % life theory so much anymore because there have been too many differences between locks regarding %life of AV.. but it seems to me that the wynavs are what lock his 2hours - so trying to kill them in some sort of order is what will work?

idk just tossing up some more ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Archeons

Archeons,
    Millennium LS
    lol SE probably forgot to program the latent for this weapon thinking no one would get it. Next update will say:
    "Fixed issues with certain weapons dropping from AV"

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeons

Archeons,
    Millennium LS
    lol SE probably forgot to program the latent for this weapon thinking no one would get it. Next update will say:
    "Fixed issues with certain weapons dropping from AV"
    More like "Somethings did not work as intended. Those things now work as intended".

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I thought someone mentioned awhile back that he would change his braclets every once in awhile going into different modes when he was sac pulling it. ie TP mode, Spell Mode, or 2hr Mode.

Found it!
    AV has different forms I guess when he doesn't has wynavs. The first time we tried everytime I went to sac him he would kill me with a TP move. Either Medusa Javelin or Explosive Impact. He did this everytime. The third time I think it was he was also without wynavs and instead of using TP moves he would chase, then stop momentarily, take out his spear and then kill me just by attacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna
    I also mentioned this back in another AV post. AV would go on different "sprees" during the few hours I was sac pulling. For a time he would always open with a TP move, then for another certain amount of time he would always kill me with a spell, then another certain amount of time he would kill me only with regular melee hits.
    I'm really starting to think the wynavs are the key to AV and that if the Wynavs are killed when AV's bracelets are a certain way it locks him into that mode. Ie if you kill the wynavs when his bracelets are on then he still has 2hrs if you kill them when he has no bracelets then he no longer has 2hr abilities which disables him from re-calling wynavs and therefore AV only can melee others.

Try to kill the 3 Wynavs when AV is only meleeing your tanks so that you lock him into that mode?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I think we solved AV!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    I think we solved AV!
    Might be. >_>

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

That'd be funny if it were true, hell I'm pretty confident it's true, and it was in our faces all along.

I think we solved AV!
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE EBON PANELS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    That'd be funny if it were true, hell I'm pretty confident it's true, and it was in our faces all along.
    Hey, props to SE for making a monster this hard to figure out. Most things take a few days. This took over a year. Amazing.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    I think we solved AV!
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE EBON PANELS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Hey, props to SE for making a monster this hard to figure out. Most things take a few days. This took over a year. Amazing.
    has it really been figured out? damn now I have to read this thread.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

sounds pretty solid. should be interesting to find out in the coming weeks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

unless killing them in a certian order is the key, There is more too it than this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast