Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Setting Timeline (Spoiler-Free, however very useful)

I've always wanted to organize a timeline of the events of the game, but I don't care about the Ancients, just the last 1000 years. I'm mainly basing it on Vana'diel Tribune stuff... then I'll edit it stuff I missed, if anyone wants to post.

Age of Beasts and below(Ancients): Black
    Age of Magic: Green
    Age of Power: Red
    Age of Technology: Blue
    Great War: Dark Red
    Post-War/Modern times/Age of Adventurer: Black

The length of ages are guesses and are probably wrong.

---

Many, many years ago: Ancients roamed the earth. They met an apocalypic death by the hands of some divine wrath. Many ruins remain, including towers found in Sarutabaruta and the many crags. They also left behind magic, various techology like airships, and possibly created the religion that people worship today. Many people study them.

0 - Beginning of the 'Crystal Era'... not sure what happened on this day, why this was the first year in the calendar, or who created it.

250 - Du'Dha gains power.

274 - Tukuku is born.

291 - Du'Dha leads victory over Coumlaud Tribe over Derfland, retreats to Marshlands even after winning and begins to build Beadeaux.

290 - Star Sybil Tabilolp passes away, Tukuku becomes the Star Sybil.

294 - Two Tarutaru tribal alliances were about to war, but Tukuku stopped them. Negotiations leads to the creation of the Federation of Windurst.

298 - Tukuku dies, of old age or sickness it seems.

342 - Lungo-Nango is born. [unknown: when he became Warlock Warlord, when his battles were faught, when he was discharged]

376 - Lungo Nango dies, depressed and with no fame.

381 - Allianced formed with Du'Dha and Lanfeaur d'Oraguille(future first king of San d'Oria). Lends aid in battle against the Windurstian Empire.

494 - Mayer becomes the first president(for life) of the Republic of Bastok. [unknown: when he was born].

500 - Du'Dha dies of old age. [unknown: when he was born]. Creates policies(of peace and neutrality) on his tombstone to be followed the next hundred years.

503 - Mayer dies, assassinated by a Galka youth.

524 - Vo'Gho destroyed Du'Dha tombstone and declared the old king dead, then turned the Quadavs to focus to territorial expansion.

542 - Acheufagais R D'Oraguille (the Warking) is born

557 - Marelinne R d'Oragulle is born.

558 - Acheufagais R D'Oraguille kills his step-brother and becomes king. He is very militant.

567 - Acheufagais R D'Oraguille dies, believed to be assassinated by nobles.

568 - Marelinne R d'Oragulle becomes Queen. She is underaged.

588 - Marelinne R d'Oragulle goes missing, thought to be dead.

657 - Friese is born. Is raised and trained by a Galka Blacksmith.

676 - Her blacksmithing work leads to work on windmills. She watches the Quadav and takes notes. She shows the notes to the head of the department of industry. She becomes the first captain the Gold Musketeers(though it is not known if this happens in the same year).

684 - Gold Musketeers find Mythril in Palborough Mountains. Uses 'dancing flames' to kill off the Quadav that live there, making them their enemy.

688 - Gwynham Ironheart is born.

698 - Friese dies of what appears to be old age.

738 - Ginuva / Invincible Shield is born.

739 - King Ranperre is born

765 - Gwynham Ironheart dies, by the hand of the Orcs in Valdeaunia.

782 - King Ranperre becomes king. It is lead to believe that this is after he unites the Kingdom, which took him 10 years of fighting East San d'Oria.

768 - Erpalacion(loldrg) is born.

784 - Erpalacion becomes a master dragoon at age 16.

786 - Erpalacion is a general in the Elshimo Campaign. He becomes very famous for doing well.

812 - Seventh Yagudo War begins. Lasts for several years, at least until 827. It appears the Yagudo were victorious against the War Warlocks and the Mithra Navy, able to create the settlement Giddeus in West Sarutabaruta.

816 - Erpalacion disappears at sea, assumed dead. No successors to the art of dragoon.

820 - Doggvdegg is born.

827 - Tzee Xicu(original) is born. Home is attacked and scattered. Raise by Mithran Beastmaster, later escapes and becomes the Manifest.

830 - Kam'lanaut is born (lol)

832 - King Ranperre dies, probably of old age.

835 - Karaha-Baruha is born. Soon after, it is easy to see he is a complete genius, maybe even the best mage ever.

851 - Doggvedegg alone slays King Grantieul R d'Oraguille and his ten bodyguards during a royal hunt. Eastern San d'Oria might be involved?

852 - Jakoh Wahcondalo is born.
    ?: The Multinational Expedition takes place(and likely lasts several months). There were 6 attendies: 3 Bastokians(three Mythril Musketeers, including Raogrimm the Talekeeper), 1 San d'Orian(a knight of a famous family), and 2 Windurstians(Rhinostry minister and controvestly, a Kazham citizen). More information on the attendies name/status will be added later. If this is the correct date, it is unknown. It is said The Multinational Expedition happened 10 years before the Great War.

855/856 - Kam'lanaut and Eld'Narshe are found by a fishing boat and brought back to Jeuno(which is a metropolis at this point). Kam'lanaut introduces Crystal Synthesis, making Jeuno very rich. He becomes Jeuno's representive. He then releases it to the entire world and works with other nations on technological projects(like airships). This upsets his citizens, but he reveils Jeuno's new design, a giant tower, everyone loves him again.

858 - Shadow Lord's beings to battle other beastmen. (unknown: when did he originally appear)
    -War of Savages: Shadow Lord's army battles the Orcs. Orcs are defeated, Doggvdegg is imprisioned and the Orcs join the Shadow Lord.
    -Shadow Lord's army besieges Castle Oztroja, demanding obedience. Tzee Xicu plans to fight, but gives up after seeing the strength the Shadow Lord's army.

859 - Doggvdegg is freed from his prision and returns as the Oricsh commander, then later, the commander of the entire Beastmen Horde.
    Also, Jeuno is officially made a duchy by the other nations(who are economic wusses compared to it) and Kam'lanaut its Archduke.

862 - Shadow Lord rises to power (unknown: how long did it take him to subdue the Beastmen). Great War begins. Many battles fought, mostly in favor of the Beastmen.
    -Battle of Jugner
    -Siege of San d'Oria (lasts three weeks)
    -Siege of Windurst (Karaha-Baruha dies, gives life to summon Fenrir).
    -Kam'lanaut forms the Alliance of Altana with the three other nations.
    -Twelfth Month: Battle of Jeuno. Turning Point of the War.

863 - War is in favorable toward the Alliance of Altana. [many battles are fought in this war, but it is uncertain to which year they happen 862/863/864, the Battle of Valkurm Dunes, Batallia Downs, and Gustaberg likely happened in this year or near the end of the previous year]
    -Tavnazia falls.
    -Hydra Corps disappear in Beaucidine Glacier.
    -Battle of Xarcabard?
    -Doggvdegg dies by the hand of the San d'Orian General Phillieulais at Xarcabard.

864 - The Great War ends, the Alliance of Altana is victorious
    -Battle of Xarcabard.
    -Shadow Lord dies.
    -Zeid goes emo.

663+ - Embassies and consulates are built, and currency is unified to gil. This with Airship and Conquest create the setting that invents the use of Adventurers. Auction Houses probably first started appear at this time, along with the black market. The Selbina Pact for Conquest is signed.

867 - By this time Dynamis is in full effect, all but a few have lost their sanity and the few that haven't become one with their relic weapon.

870 - Captain Volker becomes the leader of the Mythril Musketeers. Former leader resigned after the "Palborough Incident".
    The Palborough Incident was a Quadav attack that took place on the mines. Many, many Galka and soldiers were killed and Bastok lost control of the mines. It is important to note, it was at this moment that Senator Karst suggested that Bastok abandon the Palborough Mines and use the Zeruhn Mines instead. The popularity from this solution probably is what got him presidency.

871 - Tzee Xicu reappears after thought to have comitted suicide. Some believe it is not the original Tzee Xicu, due to how short the Yagudo's lifespan is.
    Also, Jakoh Wahcondalo is forced to duel "Headhunter Polly" to settle the arguement over territory of Kazham's shoreline.

873 - Air Travel Agency is formed. Port Bastok is redesigned for the future Airships. Other nations don't not trust Jeuno on the matter.

875 - The first regular route between Jeuno and Bastok is created. Instantly Windurst and San d'Oria become interested in it.

879 - Romaa Mihgo retires her position and Jakoh Wahcondalo becomes the new chiefteness (instead of her daughter). Jakoh puts Kazham on the map.

883/884 - Present Day.

Events at the Present Day or soon before it:
    -A ministry meeting(ugh, not the right phrase, someone talk to people near Heaven's Tower please) has just ended, the contents of the meeting causes Ajido-Marujido to become fustrated with how the nation is being ran.
    -Rumors of the return of the Galka Talekeeper begins a long period of tension in Bastok.
    -An Elvaan named Rochefogne has entered San d'Oria excited to see the Queen... however she passed away a long time ago.

Current situation in zones/races:
    -Vagit Vileblood is a ruthless chief in of the Vilebloods, which often attack San d'Orians and travellers.
    -A barrier has been set up to trap the Overlord of the Orcish horde that occupies Davoi. Whether or not the Overlord knows about the route out of the caves is unknown, but there is one(and it would appear he does, since the Orcish forces are not weakened by this at all).
    -The Tenshodo are currently in control of the Pso'Xja ruins.

When these events happen are rather debatable, because they are either dependant on what expansion packs the player has installed. Either way, the first two are very likely to happen near the present day.
    -Kazham open its port to Jeuno's airship.
    -The Bastokian Senate allows adventurers to enter Korroloka Tunnel which leds to Altepa Desert of Zepwell Island of the Kuzotz islands.
    -The Tenshodo open a portion of the Pso'Xja ruins to the adventuring public, they never explain why.
    -The moving Moblin city Movapolos appears near Bastok, leaving many to be very concerned.
    -(?)Fishing Guild obtains rights to open up opperation in Bibiki Bay that has Manaclipper routes, including one that docks at Purgonorgo Isle.
    -The Emptiness has appeared in the lands far from Vana'diel.
    -The Federation of Windurst has allowed a boat route from Mhaura to Al Zahbi, the captital of West Aht Urhgan, to be opened.

(sorry about the grammar)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

This is some good stuff. I wish I had paid more attention in CS's so I could explain the "Palborough incident" better. But from what I remember the musketeers went in for some reason or another, Quadav got pissed off and defensive. There was a battle between Quadav and a (mainly Galka) army of bastok and a LOT of Bastokans died.

I'm sure there is some more info and some more accurate info somewhere, dunno many people that would go into this kind of detail though.

I'm pretty sure the Palborough Incident had to do with when a detail from the Mythril Musketeers killed a bunch of Quadav defending their Nest in Palborough. At least, that's part of a cutscene during one of the Missions. Not sure if it's related. (Magicitelol)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    I'm pretty sure the Palborough Incident had to do with when a detail from the Mythril Musketeers killed a bunch of Quadav defending their Nest in Palborough. At least, that's part of a cutscene during one of the Missions. Not sure if it's related. (Magicitelol)
    That would be Volker's uncle, which doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, yeah I believe you are right Eaglestrike. This event would lead to senator Karst giving the idea that they should abandon those mines and work on Zeruhn. I'll add that now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I believe a lot of Galka died in the Palborough incident. It's mentioned in the quest that involves Silver Name Tags iirc.

816 - Erpalacion disappears at sea, assumed dead. No successors to the art of dragoon.

WHO THE FUCK BROUGHT IT BACK???

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas

WHO THE FUCK BROUGHT IT BACK???
    Do the quest.

I think I'm going to color code the timeline on guessing the length of Ages(Beasts, Maigc, Power, Techology, Great War, and Adventurer). Finally, I read somewhere the Galka nation fell 600 years before the present day, not sure if I'll include that yet.

Anyway stuff from quests or missions, like "20 years ago" or "140 years ago" work fine. It also needs some grammar proofing, but I'll do that later.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

BRP this is quite posibly the most informative post on the forums. I didn't know alot of the stuff you have in there maybe i should pay more attention to CS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    BRP this is quite posibly the most informative post on the forums. I didn't know alot of the stuff you have in there maybe i should pay more attention to CS's.
    A lot of it is from the Vana'diel Tribune.

Edit: When's the last time they published issue of the Tribune? It's been a while.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't read the Tribune tbh only read the Fenrir+Maat's Cap guy+NA+JP Ballista winners from Siren

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's refreshing that someone actually gives a damn about storyline. Much appreciated, I could hardly handle reading the tribune, not sure why.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    It's refreshing that someone actually gives a damn about storyline. Much appreciated, I could hardly handle reading the tribune, not sure why.
    Trib was full of a -lot- of fluff. Sure there was good storyline linking stuff in there, but a lot of it was just painful to read, like that LS that went and did B#1 and whatnot. Plus the stuff writen in third person.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Trib was full of a -lot- of fluff. Sure there was good storyline linking stuff in there, but a lot of it was just painful to read, like that LS that went and did B#1 and whatnot. Plus the stuff writen in third person.
    Oh I remember... reading all those holiday event related stories killed me. With all the adventurers talking about all the good times they've had with friends and whatnot. I can't handle that crap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    A lot of it is from the Vana'diel Tribune.

Edit: When's the last time they published issue of the Tribune? It's been a while.
    Didn't they stop doing tribune?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater
    Didn't they stop doing tribune?
    Hmm, it looks like they may have. I haven't seen one on playonline.com frontpage for a while now.

I've always wondered how one qualifies to become a reporter for the Tribune. I want that little Quill icon.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I've always wondered how one qualifies to become a reporter for the Tribune. I want that little Quill icon.
    A Time Machine now

I found this site a while ago, don't know how useful it'll be to your ongoing research; it's basically someone trying to sort the FFXI Storyline using cutscene SS and some basic description.

Linky: http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    A Time Machine now
    I saw a lot of them around August.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/99228adbcb.gif

Ridill
    BG Level

There's a spoiler in there, if you haven't done the windurst missions.

About fenrir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast