+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cerberus Mantle Desynth     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    Brennon why are you quitting
    Couple reasons, not the least of which is, I've done everything that I ever dreamed of doing in FFXI and more, and I've had a blast doing it, and, its just time to move on. Everyone quits *eventually* and, my time has come, heh. It's sad, Ill miss playing, and Ill miss my guild and my friends more than anything, but, its just time to quit. I've had a good run though

Anyway, Dont mean to derail this into a goodbye thread. Anyone else desynthed any of these? I'd wonder if HQ result is *also* a hide, or possibly multiple hides. I got only breaks and NQ results so far. Anyone else tried this de-synth?
    Not all of us are made of money
    Coming from someone with an RMT'd account and millions in bought gear lawl. *cough FURIEX cough*
    Lmao, I'm not the Bahamut Bukkorosu that used to be Furiex. I made this forum name to make fun of Judah back when he was complaining about his character got "hacked". But yes, that guy on Baha is a HUGE RMT, not me though

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What is the fail rate on this desythn?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar
    Same as everything else?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    It's the curse of the relic.

Next Up: SE removes the relic system, as it seems to cause a monthly profit decrease.
    Everybody will stop playing at some point. And its not like I just got it yesterday, I've had it since April...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i don't understand why people complain about that.

i mean you play a game to 'beat' it right? after you accomplish everything you want to do in game, you stop playing. what's there to do? go to fafnir again? xp another job you don't care about?

as long as people have goals in game they still want to do they'll play, but i can see a certain point where i'd quit as well. brennon's been at that point for a long time so i think she's earned the right to quit.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    Mostly because of the mentality that it could of gone to someone else who could get more use out of it. Happens all the time, person gets a Ridill that no ones seen in months, then he quits the game. Everyone is pissed because that could have gone to another person who could use it and benefit the LS more by using it rather then quiting, assuming he wouldnt quit.

Theres some sort of code in the game, that once you get 5/5 cursed gear, Ridill, Defending Ring, or Relic, that you must quit the game within a month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Mostly because of the mentality that it could of gone to someone else who could get more use out of it. Happens all the time, person gets a Ridill that no ones seen in months, then he quits the game. Everyone is pissed because that could have gone to another person who could use it and benefit the LS more by using it rather then quiting, assuming he wouldnt quit.

Theres some sort of code in the game, that once you get 5/5 cursed gear, Ridill, Defending Ring, or Relic, that you must quit the game within a month.
    It is not part of the code, Square's goons show up at your house everyday to rough you up until you quit. It is part of their patented Fun Inhibitor Engine™.

By that logic, it coudln't have gone to someone else who could make better use out of it, because no matter who it went to, that person would have quit also. It's a fact - everyone will quit. Relic holders are just more scrutinized. Pick anyone and give the relic to that person instead, well guess what - that person will quit too.

seriously, it's not like you owe your soul to the game just because you completed a relic

on topic: very interesting desynth results. thanks for doing it so nobody else had to blow up their mantles :D

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I havent had the balls to try behemoth mantle De-synths even though NQs are 1/4 the price of hides right now. Maybe if i get to the same point as Brennon. OH WAIT Gaup wants to drop EVERYTHING but glory!! (8th attempt 5th kill a charm?)

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    By that logic, it coudln't have gone to someone else who could make better use out of it, because no matter who it went to, that person would have quit also. It's a fact - everyone will quit. Relic holders are just more scrutinized. Pick anyone and give the relic to that person instead, well guess what - that person will quit too.
    Completing my sword will be only the begining for me. Ive got a laundry list of items "to get" but i have a list twice as long "to do" once i get my sword =P

anyways back to the subject at hand. Thats good info if cerberus NQ mantles turn into behemoth mantles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Completing my sword will be only the begining for me. Ive got a laundry list of items "to get" but i have a list twice as long "to do" once i get my sword =P
    Me too, my point is just that when you do quit, even if it's 2 years from now, people will look around at all the people you played with at that time who still play and aren't quitting and say "SEE!! IT COULD HAVE GONE TO ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!"

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im a PLD w/o king gear(but too many king kills) and gaup gave me something else to do for the next 2 years while going for glory (the shield proof).

Ill be stuck playing this game for another 2+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar
    Same as everything else?
    50%

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

In my case, nobody *gave* it to me. Alot of people helped, of course, but it wasn't an LS relic, it was *my* relic, the majority of which I funded myself.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon

In my case, nobody *gave* it to me. Alot of people helped, of course, but it wasn't an LS relic, it was *my* relic, the majority of which I funded myself.
    Same boat. But I still give my LS a huge thanks. My LS is giving me a tramendous amount of help, as much as any LS can give other then flat out paying for it. Ms of G worth of donations and of course countless attestation and fragment attempts. (Ok ya ive been counting and SE is screwing us -_-)

Yeah... no <3 for Gobblefapfapap...

gogo BR derail!

Stupid deleted posts, i'll type it again...

As I was saying, It wasn't my intention to ruffle any feathers, I wasn't, by any standard, serious. Sorry if you took that to heart Brennon.

I am roughly 11/20 on the desynth btw. But yea I definitely feel good when I watch the mantles blow up, it makes me giggle inside.

edit: yea the HQ and NQ results were already posted lolreadthreadbeforeposting

I think the obvious conclusion we've come to on this thread is relics and defending rings should only go to shitty players you want to get rid of, so the good players stay around. :D

So you can get a Cerberus Hide, make a Cerberus Mantle then desynth it and make another with a chance to HQ again?

Yes I'm slow.