+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone give a crap?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone give a crap?

Starting today and ending at 11:00 on September 21st (GMT), we will be conducting a survey to gather user opinions and suggestions for the FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community beta version. Submit your comments and help us make this feature even more useful!
    Click here and let us know what you think!
    https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/r ... tType=html

I said I was "Very Disatisfied" with everything, and asked for improved - safety of the PlayOnline ID login feature, Message Board and member list. also to add calendar, merits and function where you can participate in in-game chatting from the web.

seems like everyone has forgotten about LSC-b. could of been good but they really didnt put enough effort into making it a tool to make people's lives easier.

Can you elaborate on how the Playonline Login ID feature is insecure?

P.S. Blanket "Very Dissatisfied" answers across the board are the quickest way to get them to ignore anything you have to say. Same goes for professor reviews in college.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Can you elaborate on how the Playonline Login ID feature is insecure?
    try it yourself. when you log in IE and firefox gives you a warning saying you are sending your information over an unsecure connection. as you have to login with your POL ID and password... this is really bad, as someone *could* fairly easily steal it and gain access to your account.
    I was so shocked by this when i first used the site, i've not used it since.

EDIT: the way i see it all those answers will go into some averages chart, by putting very distisfied on everything all i can hope to do is slightly degrade the overly optimistic ass licker's answers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Actually I don't have many complaints. checking code for the page, they've forced the login to pop up that just in case someone does decide to hack it, it's basically a legal CYA thing.
    the problem is that your login into doesnt get sent over a secure connection, it has nothing to do with the code on the page.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They need some open-ended questions so you could tell them to have surveys like this for the actual game. Of course half the players would probably ask for stuff like new emotes for dragoon wyverns.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if you dont like it, dont use it...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    if you dont like it, dont use it...
    no one does use it, AT ALL. that's my point. as its still in beta im really hoping they will make it something atleast 1/2 useful.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    the problem is that your login into doesnt get sent over a secure connection, it has nothing to do with the code on the page.
    http://hosted.planetether.net/SSL.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

wasnt like that when it first came out.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I signed up my chat LS just to try it out (we have a seperate forum) and it was pretty godawful. I saw that survey up on pol a week or so ago and filled it out with negitive stuff.

Re: Anyone give a crap?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    in-game chatting from the web.
    FTW

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm almost positive it's been like that the whole time.

EDIT: Don't try to fill it out using Opera, you will just waste your time. The stupid buttons at the bottom don't load for me in it.

I was rather hoping it would be accessable from the POL viewer or even *gasp* in game. About the only good thing in EVE online was the built in web browser.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Shockingly awful navigation, and it's built using Java instead of Php which means you cant browse it in tabs. Failed horribly, I also opened up my LS and as the owner of the shell I had no admin privelages , while the sackholders did. Buggy and crap.

wasnt like that when it first came out.
    Pretty sure that's been there since I signed up, which was about a day after it was released.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This concept is about 4 years too late. By now it's established that most shells have their own domain or a free board and aren't about to go to the LS community. The only possibly redeeming quality would be the ability to chat over the linkshells you have in your inventory from the internet, which they put in the "would you like to see added" part. I only hope is that at least is friendly.

the cell phone and web chat would be preety sick assuming they did that. That would quickly pull it out of the gutter i think

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They should at least add the current linkshell message as a feature. As for the 128 encryption thingy that has always been there.

I wish they offered a survey for the stuff that happens IN the game. I couldn't care less about this linkshell community.

Speaking of PHP (or really any scripting language), someone with some brains and time can whip up a more logical and useful linkshell app.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I wish they offered a survey for the stuff that happens IN the game. I couldn't care less about this linkshell community.
    I agree, sorry but they seem to not have their priorites straight here...