Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii Launch Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wii Launch Info

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/ ... ndo14.html

In a move that may allow Nintendo of Japan to take advantage of stumbles by its main rival, the company plans to announce today that it will release its new Wii video-game console in North and South America on Nov. 19, just as the holiday shopping season begins, and that the machine will cost $250 in the United States.

Nintendo executives said this week that the company also would announce today that more than 25 new games would be available for its video-game machine this year, a substantial portfolio from several genres that is intended to help the company broaden the appeal of its console. The company plans to ship 4 million of the Wii consoles worldwide this year.

Nintendo intends to announce today that every Wii will come with a game compilation called Wii Sports -- including tennis, golf, baseball and bowling -- meant to show off the machine's intuitive controls. (Most consoles, including Nintendo's GameCube, do not come with games included.)

Nintendo plans to announce that 25 to 30 top-tier games will be available for the Wii this year. The most-anticipated game comes from Nintendo itself: an installment of the long-running "Legend of Zelda" series, "Twilight Princess."

Nintendo plans to announce today that about 30 classic games will be available for download when the Wii is released, including ones from the "Zelda," "Mario" and "Donkey Kong" franchises. Downloadable games will cost about $5 to $10 each.

More broadly, Nintendo hopes to make the Wii a living-room centerpiece by including various media channels meant to appeal to and draw in people who do not consider themselves gamers.

There will be a photo channel that will allow users to use the Wii to display digital photographs on television.

There also will be an easy-to-use interactive news channel and weather channel.

Perhaps most intriguing, the Wii will make it possible to browse the Web on the television. Microsoft's Xbox 360 does not permit this because that could negate the need to buy a Windows PC.

There's more on the website but I picked out a few interesting points.

Buying classic nintendo games? win

wii > ps3, i know theres a whole thread talking about it but wow. id like to see a ps3 article that detailed in this length about the release so i could see a side by side.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Nov.19! Omg that's sooo soon. Most of this information is common knowledge, except for the "Wii comes with games" and the Wii as a home centerpiece thing. I can't wait!!!! I wish the classic games were only 1$ download though, that'd be alot more appealing than 10.

...NYTimes doesnt even have it posted yet. For some reason I don't trust this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well, all the major gaming sites started posting it as truth....press conference in Japan is starting...now.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    If this helps...
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html
    A little more reliable source. Basically the same words with a diff. url. lol

Keep in mind Seattle is 15 miles from Redmond >_>

$5-10 isn't great, but definately beats my expectations. Either way, free roms > pay for games.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

that report was pulled from the web within the last 10min

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10307/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

December 2nd for Japan...I'm going to bed and wait for our press conference tomorrow

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

F5ing the hell out of that blog thingy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    $5-10 isn't great, but definately beats my expectations. Either way, free roms > pay for games.

I would be more excited about the virtual console to play with friends, I dont know about you but paying 5 bucks for like ORIGINAL mario brothers (everyone should know which one im talking about) and playing it on a 64 inch with my friends is well worth it rather than crowding around my pc o_0

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    December 2nd for Japan...I'm going to bed and wait for our press conference tomorrow
    same. and ur tree pics made me sick lol i need to lay down

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Anything about PAL/EU release so I can know wether or not im importing again?

This news is simply amazing btw.

http://www.gametab.com/news/678886/

Japanese news straight from the horse's mouth

Relic Shield
    BG Level

man, kinda late, was hoping earlier... oh well, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    No north american info was actually announced yet, just wait.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm going to want earlier reguardless, unless it's next week.

I'm going to want earlier reguardless, unless it's next week.
    Actually..... Shit I signed a NDA. You'll see.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Wii Launch Info

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    In a move that may allow Nintendo of Japan to take advantage of stumbles by its main rival, the company plans to announce today that it will release its new Wii video-game console in North and South America on Nov. 19, just as the holiday shopping season begins, and that the machine will cost $250 in the United States.
    seems clear to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast