Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I like when whm sub ninja, not to try and pull hate as a main tank, but so when they eventually do pull hate, it's not a problem. I think it's a better safety measure while still acting as a main healer, than actually hoping to pull hate and tank.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Seraphy from Priceless(top JP shell) on Siren tanked Hydra solo for a good 10-15mins when it first came out once Masterasia+Barlog(PLDs) went down

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    I like when whm sub ninja, not to try and pull hate as a main tank, but so when they eventually do pull hate, it's not a problem. I think it's a better safety measure while still acting as a main healer, than actually hoping to pull hate and tank.
    yea but unfortunately everytime i subbed anything other than blm it was a major mp struggle

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Because losing over 100 mp and conserve mp does absolutely nothing to your ability to keep a good MP level and is vastly outweighed by not getting hit 3 times when you're not doing your job right and pulling hate.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Because losing over 100 mp and conserve mp does absolutely nothing to your ability to keep a good MP level and is vastly outweighed by not getting hit 3 times when you're not doing your job right and pulling hate.
    If a WHM is doing their job right they (usually) shouldn't have hate long enough to be attacked three times, not to mention for things like Fafnir, recasting Utsusemi every time he wings just makes unnecessary hate.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto
    If a WHM is doing their job right they (usually) shouldn't have hate long enough to be attacked three times, not to mention for things like Fafnir, recasting Utsusemi every time he wings just makes unnecessary hate.
    ...I'm going to pretend that you saw the thick coating of delicious sarcasm slathered all over my post and move on.

Tonko

WHOOOOOSH

Ashira

OMG I should totally go WHM/NIN to Fafnir for Utsusemi after Wing.

WHY didn't I ever think of that?!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

when will ppl stop saying shit about the more melee the more wings fafnir will spam. that shit is all fucking random anyway. Ive seen a alliance of 2 tanks 6blms 3rdms a brd and some whms with 2thfs get wing spammed to shit, and when theres a melee heavy alliance my stoneskin has worn off before another wing has hit .... Everything in this game is random lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    when will ppl stop saying shit about the more melee the more wings fafnir will spam. that shit is all fucking random anyway. Ive seen a alliance of 2 tanks 6blms 3rdms a brd and some whms with 2thfs get wing spammed to shit, and when theres a melee heavy alliance my stoneskin has worn off before another wing has hit .... Everything in this game is random lol
    He has TP regen, yes, but you meleeing him does give him more TP. It's not completely random.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It is random, but an all melee alliance has a 90% chance to get that 'random' wing spam, and a mage alliance has a 50% chance to get that 'random' spam.

Note: Percentages are purely hypothetical and should not be quoted save for flames or jokes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's because your RDMs and WHMs were melleeing

There's a WHM in my LS that occasionally will sub ninja for fights like Tiamat, Cerberus, Hydra, Faf/Nid, when we have a low WHM count. We usually use two tanks, and the whm ends up being the 3rd support tank because they are curing so much and building hate. They are able to survive so much longer because of utsu ni/ichi, long enough to where the pld or nin can get it off them.
    Its different but it seems to work.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto
    ...I'm going to pretend that you saw the thick coating of delicious sarcasm slathered all over my post and move on.
    No, I understood that D: I was just adding onto it lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I sub NIN alot for events, but I don't pretend to be a tank or melee.
    But I was able to tank JoFortitude for like 20 minutes while our main tank decided to afk unexpectedly and had only about 8 ppl there trying to kill the balls. /nin plus herald's gaiters saved me big time.
    It really depends on what you're fighting to determine if its viable. On fafnir, /smn is much better because PLDs keep hate like a fucking beast usually, and being able to give them 3 shadows every minute really helps.
    For mobs where hate is a complete clusterfuck anyways, ie Kirin, I sub NIN all the time. Blink is far too unreliable.
    Also when we poppd AV a while back I was able to tank it from a distance while it was just spamming magic (and we were trying to drain all if it's MP). I can get near 1k HP as taru WHM/NIN with BQ ring instead of Serene, but I still have merits to use on HP.
    Mobs that spam AoE moves which can be absorbed with utsu is extremely nice, like King Venegalol and the such.
    But for tank.... I could never do it + I never even bother because I have so much fucking -enmity in my gear and merits it's not worth trying. The other day I soloed one of those trees in Waja-- Woodlands down to like 20% and a BST friend of mine came in to help, hit it twice with axe, and pulled hate. No way simply flash and curing the damage not being done because you're /nin anyways could keep hate.

Just my two cents.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    He has TP regen, yes, but you meleeing him does give him more TP. It's not completely random.
    Unless I'm mistaken Fafnir auto-TPs to 100 in less then 10 seconds, having melees on the mob isn't going to really matter when he gains TP that fast. If I'm wrong here then sue me, but I've personally never seen any major differences on Faf with 3 melees or with 7.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Guess you should take lessons on conserving MP from Cheeks. He subs Ninja more often than not, is the number 1 whm I want curing me as Ninja and rarely has MP problems.. Conserve MP is decent, but don't act like it's better than it is. (There was a thread not too long ago which showed you have to use around 180mp a minute for conserve MP to = the amount of MP that 1mp tick refresh will save you. Hardly more valuable than your whm's gaurantee'd safety if aggro is drawn)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlancelot
    There's a WHM in my LS that occasionally will sub ninja for fights like Tiamat, Cerberus, Hydra, Faf/Nid, when we have a low WHM count. We usually use two tanks, and the whm ends up being the 3rd support tank because they are curing so much and building hate. They are able to survive so much longer because of utsu ni/ichi, long enough to where the pld or nin can get it off them.
    Guess you need that system since you may get stuck in the ceiling of DA from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirlancelot
    Guess you need that system since you may get stuck in the ceiling of DA from time to time.
    ZING~