Thread: Help a Taru out ;(     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Help a Taru out ;(

Dont zam me-- I need a new job to level. I am abnormaly bored right now and really want to exp another job to 75. The only problem is, the fun jobs arnt needed and looked down on end game, and the boring jobs are all needed end game. So I am a bit lost on what job to level.

I am kinda on a hunt for that "exact right job" one that I dont have to spend a zomg amount of money on gear[assuming I already have the majority of it from my other jobs.] one that is fun, and isnt totaly useless[loldrg, lolpup, etc].

Currently I have 75WAR 75RDM 75PLD, what do I go to next? 72RNG[deleated, was on another charater, not leveling RNG again >_>;]

My last job to 75 was WAR, and it was by far the most fun I have ever had. Every time I got into an EXP party I was so excited to get to camp and start bitch making mobs, and breaking other peoples epeens. Sadly, due to over meriting this has gone down hill. I no longer get that joy when I get an invite, its more of a "ugh..."

The reason I am posting here is becasue in all honosty, I dont know. I wouldnt mind doing NIN, I wouldnt mind doing THF, I wouldnt mind doing BLM, I really dont care, everything looks appealing to me but I cant level everything [everything is already 40+ >.>; I just need to know what to go onto next.]

Advice prz

play psu

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I have acually heard that game was horrid-- tho lets not derail, I want advice ; ;

Level a 'useless' job. You have useful jobs already.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Subtle drkvangelism there...

lol drkvangelism.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Let me rephrase - Did you enjoy your job to 75 and what was the exciting part about it? Why did you level it?

If this is too much to ask by all means skip this post.

Ok then

DRK: I enjoy the hell out of this job (obviously). I love the fact that its a strong melee but also rather versatile with strong magic capabilities. Leveling it can be fun or can be hell. If you get good gear and play smart (aka /WAR) you will do rediculous amounts of damage. Having sleeps, abs-tp, and stuns really is a great thing. Really imagine a WAR with those spells

BLU: Just fucking awesome, but more work than your average job due to spell hunting. If you feel like leveling fast this isnt for you.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

most of your war gear is drk gear

blu is insanely powerful and cheap to level too

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The first thing I thought when I saw your existing jobs was "Level BLU"... make use of those sword merits you probably have.

NIN, RNG, MNK & BLM are my favourite jobs >_>

I'm kind of burned out from BLM, RNG isn't as fun post-nerf because I liked e-peen (I realise "good playerz still gets teh dmg guys"), MNK and NIN are fun fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know very few people who disliked leveling Ninja. It can be really challenging, trying to not get hit on every mob you face.. Can set little personal challenges to try and be the best tank you can be. Was fun for me .-.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

BLU is insane with DD and extremely versitile, but can be a pain to learn spells and abilities.

BLM is fairly inexpensive to Lv (you have staves already so thats a chunk) and still gets invites up until 70 (I havent merited my BLM since ToAU, so don't quote me on this).

NIN is super fun, but expensive; as to be expected.

THF is pretty good, but doesnt get many invites post 60, static with a BRD and NIN and you're set. Can be expensive if you want to max your DD output.

BST is emo, so if you enjoy soloing...

DRK is just like Sonomaa said, its mostly the same as WAR gear, so little needed to purchase.

BRD will guarentee you an invite, and get be done with little to no money. Gear is not really a factor as long as you can buff your PT and get elegy on the mob.

COR is like a gimp BRD, but more expensive. Rolls can be beneficial, but you spend too much time running around like a BRD, and missing WSs to really make it fun.

SAM is awesome too, I enjoyed SAM a lot, even though I ended up tanking a lot. SA+Gekko at 65 is nice too.

MNK is nice if you just want to sit back and not do anything until you need to WS. Pretty relaxing actually. Hard to get invites in the 50s though due to the whole crab dilema.

EDIT: Spelling-.-;

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

MNK is the only thing that has kept me playing over the past year. Incredibly fun melee burning from 60-75. Also very fun to sub WAR at gods/kirin/fafhogg and rip shit up.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I just did ninja to 75 and it was a blast. Like Stellar said, it's fun to set goals for yourself. A major plus (for me anyways) of doing it is parry skill. Also not too terribly expensive for good gear and all the tools you'll use. Did I mention parry skill?

Parry.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm not arquing with you im stating what I think and why I am kinda shying away from the jobs listed;

BLU - I like blu, but it took me 3 and a half days to get metallic body. I am not lazy how ever I am not spending this much time in order to get one spell. Even if it gets better it would take way too much time. I like to EXP fast and hard, from the moment I get on [2-3:00 PM EST] til I go to bed [3:00AM-5:00AM] when I am leveling a job, I seldomly take breaks.

BLM - I have heard horror stories about this job after level 60s. And even compaired to the invites of a DRG. After level 70-73 invites totaly stop and your pritty much forced to solo. Granted I dont know of this is totaly true i'm not a blm, its just what I have heard. [BLM is level 50 btw ]

NIN - I absolutly LOVE exping NIN, but in that same breath, I dispise it. I love it as a DD, I have a great time DDing with this job, I can pump out such great numbers with WS, DOT, and Spells that its not even funny. How ever tanking with this job I hate. Not to metion I really dont care for it end game eather. Our LS has like 6 NINs that are active, I dont think we are hurting for them, so if I wasnt standing there I would more then likly be dead [ I couldnt afford the best gear so I would die very quickly I would think ; ; ]

THF - I liked THF, I stopped at 37. It cost a rather large bit of money [emp pin etc] and invites were horrid. I would like THF at 75 for soloing but thats it. Not to metion I am fearing the Thief knife camp, I am 1/1 on the drop but I gave it away to a THF that was there with me coffer hunting with a friend. [FRIKKIN /EMOOOOOO I shouldnt have let him lot it ; ;]

BST - I enjoyed BST but again I have heard nothing but horror stories, and every time I go to level it I die... Alot.... I mean alot alot... not to metion know for a fact this is possibly one of the most uselss jobs [minus a very very very select few things (IE: beast LS / some add controll / etc)] you could level for helping a LS.

DRK - DRK I could do, I dont really have anything aginst DRK other then it being exactly like WAR all over again. I have kinda fizzled out on WAR for the time being.

BRD - Every time I exp this job I fall alseep becasue its so stupidly boring.

COR I dont even have this unlocked, I am frankly sick of support jobs too. I wouldnt mind doing another, its just I havnt seen how this has played out end game. I only knew 1 75COR who recently quit the game.

SAM - I dislik sam. It was my second job I ever leveled and my first job level 40+. I burned out on it really fast, and the invites stopped dead in their tracks after 45.

MNK - MNK is also very pointless, you summed it up rather well. Sit there and boost and chiblast, OH BOI! I guess if you had decent gear [stuff I wont have ^^; :blackbelt: ] it would be decent melee. Otherwise no.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Level PUP.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Cautery
    Level PUP.
    LAWL LEIK OKAYZ I WILLZ GET WRITE ON TAT WWWWWWWWWWWWW

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if you can enjoy the fact that it is a pain in the ass to get parties, and the fact that lvling with nubs will make xping a total cock in the ass...lvl thief.

if you can static w/ a bunch of friends, its actually really fun.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    if you can static w/ a bunch of friends, its actually really fun.
    ^

This man speaks the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast