+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 911 footage.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    They're just angry cause hockey season is over.
    actually hockey season starts in a month...
    but thanks for caring :D
    The most enjoyable time in my life is when hockey was gone. I guess I have to tolerate it again. I'd willingly keep hockey if it meant getting rid of the NBA though. ;(

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    We're lucky Zigma? the US is the country who have started, engaged and participated in the most wars of any country. And no, it wasn't for the rest of the world, everytime(almost) that the US have entered the war was for themselves, their own benifit.
    Most war's? Lets look at US history of war's:

Revolutionary - War for independence...

War of 1812 - We were attacked

Civil War - Us vs Us

World War 1 - I believe we came in because Germans hit our ships, we were happily profiting off the war and not fighting it, but we got attacked.

World War 2 - Uhh, Pearl Harbor... also pretty much stopped Hitler from winning, if we had been left out of it completely the world would be different.

So...it's 1945 and we have yet to start a war (that has any fighting away from US soil) but we're obviously going to completely make up for it in the what, 3 war's since then?

My history classes never made it past WW2 so I can't go any further lawl

Korea, Vietnam, Gulf?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Korea, Vietnam, Gulf?
    Yeah, I don't know much about the Korean War. I've heard a couple things about who caused Vietnam but think most things I read blame the US, Gulf we jumped into ourselves but I dunno if we started afaik (I was 6 at the time)

lol vietnam was South Viet vs North Viet, we just jumped in to help.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    We're lucky Zigma? the US is the country who have started, engaged and participated in the most wars of any country. And no, it wasn't for the rest of the world, everytime(almost) that the US have entered the war was for themselves, their own benifit.

Civil War - Us vs Us

World War 1 - I believe we came in because Germans hit our ships, we were happily profiting off the war and not fighting it, but we got attacked.

World War 2 - Uhh, Pearl Harbor... also pretty much stopped Hitler from winning, if we had been left out of it completely the world would be different.

So...it's 1945 and we have yet to start a war (that has any fighting away from US soil) but we're obviously going to completely make up for it in the what, 3 war's since then?

Your country has been founded on War, base their economy on War. I don't think the US have not been in a war longer than a decade.

A pretty hostile country don't you think? I'm pretty sure the world can do without the american gov't.

lol vietnam was South Viet vs North Viet, we just jumped in to help.
    No, acutally the US was scared that South Viet would fall under communism and that all other countries around it would follow suit. So the gov't decided to start a proxy war against the communist country through Vietnam. Look in a encyclopedia about the Vietnam war.. US soldiers disguising in Vietnam troops blowing shit up to make both countries escalate their conflict into a war.

It's all in there.

Banned.

BG Level

Civil War - Us vs Us

Your country has been founded on War, base their economy on War. I don't think the US have not been in a war longer than a decade.

A pretty hostile country don't you think? I'm pretty sure the world can do without the american gov't.
    Shut up, you are an embarrassment to Canada. You should go read my post on why its stupid to act like you and your country is superior. You didn't do shit, don't be so proud.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lol BRP, Canada is a better country.

Civil War - Us vs Us

Hostile? Do they teach history in Canada? Or is it you just can't teach stupid individuals?

You're going to say we were founded on war based on the fact that we had to fight for independence? I reaaaaally don't think anyone sees that as hostile, maybe if we then went and attacked Britain after we won or something.

And it's like beating a dead horse but you have to realize you'd probably be speaking German if it wasn't for the U.S. But that's quickly forgotten. When's the last time Canada did anything memorably productive for the world? Jury's out on that one.

Korea. Helping out. Vietnam. Helping out. Gulf. It can be said either way.

The only real time we have -started- a war was with Iraq. I'd say Afghanistan but that wasn't a war.

Go back and read over the countless countries we've had to step in and help because NObody else would. But those same countries who sat and did nothing then act like they have the right to judge us for it?

I now dub Canada and countries like it "Armchair Countries" because you all love to say how you would have done it if you were us.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

How many countries were *not* founded on war?

Our economy is based on war? Shows how much you know considering how much money we are losing going to war in Iraq, eh?

Yeah, and this world is so much better when the US doesn't involve themselves in military action. It only lets WORLD WARS HAPPEN. Our 'hostile' nature comes because when we do nothing, even more people suffer. Sad how many people don't get that.

Banned.

BG Level

Kross is an epic retard. Best to ignore him from now on. I don't think anything else can be said about him that hasn't been said already. So lets move on.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

this would be best solved in ballista..

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/f_mike/mikee.gif

usa wins because we got the ninja turtles.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Why the hell does Canada have money with the Queen of England on it lol? Why does the fake monarchy of England still exist and why does Canada bow to it with its currency. Kinda lame imo.

The original Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) was done in reaction to Iraq invading Kuwait actually. The US and the UN were in on that basically to get Iraq out of Kuwait. The current war though is more or less totally based on the US trying to enforce UN policies regarding Iraq(Operation Enduring Freedom?). Well Clinton did Operation Desert Fox where he bombed Saddam's palaces as well, everyone seems to forget that. The US has yet to extract oil from Iraqi soil, though I see our country getting an advantageous deal for future oil prices out of Iraq. The current oil prices are hilarious, the oil company BP (British Petroleum changed it to Best Petroleum or w/e to change their image) has profited a shitload along with US oil companies. Remember all big corporations want to fuck you over, not just ones based in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Why the hell does Canada have money with the Queen of England on it lol? Why does the fake monarchy of England still exist and why does Canada bow to it with its currency. Kinda lame imo.
    Cmon Et, you and I know you can do better than that... Insulting our currency? lol...

However I'll humour you and suggest that maybe Canada has it to remind people that the Brits DID build this country into what it is(back in the day) and that we were originally an English colony(like Australia). Last I checked your money has pictures of your dead leaders too, so what was your point again?

Most of the shit I'm reading is pretty retarded too. I'm no army general but most people can tell you that Canada's military is primarily involved in peacekeeping and supporting countries overseas. And to Eurpean countries at least, we are looked at more favourably in general. Most everyone has heard the "polite Canadian" stereotype. I only mention this because it's one "part" of my Country that I take pride in(being polite). There are also tons of shitheads too.

Its the US's leaders that give America a negative image to the rest of the world... I have many relatives from the US and they are fantastic people, and I'm sure tons of great people live(and many HAVE lived) in the US. There are also lots of shitheads here as well.

Can we put down the ignorant patriotic bullshit for a little while and end this ridiculous argument?

And as for the hockey comment... Exhibition games have already started :D GO LEAFS GO

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Alot of these previously mentioned "Wars" that the US was in weren't US wars. They were military actions, helping ally's in need. They were war's yes, but not between us and another county. They were wars between 2 other places that we aided. US doesn't start wars, they are pulled into them by other countries. The US is pulled in because we are such a massive ally and resource to other countries. We are one of the biggest trade routes to MANY countries. Most would be shit without the US.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The difference is the US has its own leaders on its currency not the pictures of some monarch from a country that used your country like it was their bitch lol. I wasn't insulting the currency, just pointing out the obvious. George Washington for example was a part of what made the US its own country. We aren't Britian's bitch anymore, colonialism lol. Yes Canada owes some to Europe and so does the US. We like to tout our independence for sure. This doesn't make the US better, just more proud of its independence. I talked to a Canadian businessman (in the printing business) when I was in Munich, Germany and he brought up the same things I am writing above. I didn't even know your nation had the Queen of England on its currency lol. He insulted your currency by saying the exact same thing I said in the previous post.

Whats up Dalek, how is it going? I haven't played FFXI much lately myself, sucks that you and so many others are not around anymore haha.

I don't see paying homage to our nation's roots as "being someone's bitch" but to each their own lol.

It's not going bad :D I'm around, look for me playing Circa. I don't play as much anymore but it's kinda cool being back in game. ;p

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

We could kick canada's ass, thats all that matters in the rough streets of north america!

Speaking of oil, what the fuck is with gas prices plummeting. $2.05/g here. Was 2.12 yesterday, 2.20 the day before that, and 2.45 last week. I was watching the news at mcdonalds (lol) and seen where exon? is supposed to start drilling in the gulf of mexico. Apparently theres a metric shit ton of oil down there that has never been tapped due to lack of technology.