Thread: Dynamis Lord Alzheimers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Dynamis Lord Alzheimers

Bit of a weird behaviour from him today. I nuked the living daylights out of him and he came to visit me on the ledge. Ended up taking 3 swings from him, blinked 2, stoneskin absorbed half of the 3rd. Eventually I ran out of mana and manafont wore off, so I scurried off to a corner to rest, out of AoE range.

I rebuffed myself with blink/stoneskin and sat down thinking I'd stand up when he came to kill me and pop off 1-2 nukes. Only...he never came. Everyone but me died and he returned to his spawn.

He has accepted you as one of his minions, feel honored.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

That's happened to me too when I fought him on Cor (minus grabbing hate). I managed to survive an Oblivion Smash and limped away while his dragons ate the survivors. Thought he would come after me since I had done damage to him but he just went back to his spawn after he took out everyone near him. I'd have to guess Oblivion Smash just clears all hate and he's just aggroing people that manage to live and are still near him.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not a DL expert, but when he does that warp-clone TP move, it clears all hate. I saw this a lot while playing Bard on DL, I'd SV song all the melees, and back up, cure some, Dia II some. Then he warps to the mage camp and triple Terra Smash or w/e it is. Then he eats the surrounding survivors and walks back to his spawn.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    I'm not a DL expert, but when he does that warp-clone TP move, it clears all hate. I saw this a lot while playing Bard on DL, I'd SV song all the melees, and back up, cure some, Dia II some. Then he warps to the mage camp and triple Terra Smash or w/e it is. Then he eats the surrounding survivors and walks back to his spawn.
    LOL i still remember on my first dl fight/win, that shit lagged and there were 26 DL at 50~% on my screen and i wanted to cry

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

More DL weirdness... We'd have rather had a 100 piece =/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ra/cheapDL.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    More DL weirdness... We'd have rather had a 100 piece =/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ra/cheapDL.jpg
    The top left box says it all.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    The top left box says it all.
    I always 'lol' @ most screenshots of crappy/no drops because of the usual "Treasure Poo."

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

why the fuck would you rather have 100 over mantle?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The mantle is a piece of shit, not to mention our 12-13th in a linkshell with a handful of PLDs. But then again, you're Takedown. A 100 piece closer to another relic is more helpful than an unneeded mantle. We kill for the 100% (lol almost) drop on a 100 piece and the ring.

The mantle is a piece of shit, not to mention our 12-13th. But then again, you're Takedown. A 100 piece closer to another relic is more helpful than an unneeded mantle. We kill for the 100% (lol almost) drop on a 100 piece and the ring.
    My DynaLS (Manaburn, Asura) doesn't even go after DL much anymore. I'd rather spend the hour (approximately) it takes to try him farming for AF, and getting 50+ coins from the demons anyway.

I think we're 1/3 on getting mantle, and 1 kill he dropped absofuckinglutely nothing. That was the last time we bothered.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It'd be nice to be able to not have to worry about DL anymore but that's at least 2 more shadow rings away. Spending the time on demons would be nice, especially when a run is going well on the normal demons we kill on the way to DL. (Usually if it's good then, it stays good the whole run, and vice versa) I'm all for DL when the 6-7 extra pulls we do on the way netted no AF2, because that luck tends to stick for the whole run.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Other than the obvious tank usage...

As BST when I am trying to do add control or solo (which I never do any more)... a shadow mantle would have saved my life so many times it's not even funny. I could imagine it really helping on any job in the "oh shit" macro.

Although, I suppose one could just get a boxer's mantle and go for an evade build.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Cause its proc rate goes to 100% on the hit what would kill you...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cause its proc rate goes to 100% on the hit what would kill you...
    Usually you get hit a few times and negating any of those hits may save your life, but...
    Good point though... the second I switch my main job to Beastmaster in my mog house, all of FFXI is out to get me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cylo
    I could imagine it really helping on any job in the "oh shit" macro.
    ...makes it sound like any mantle owner should just swap it on as he/she is dying. Sorry if I misinterpretted.

And don't get me wrong, it's a good piece. It's just not really a good one for us anymore, coupled by the fact Utsusemi > FFXI.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

just slap on the mantle whenever you're in DA and Nidhogg MPK is going on, 10-15% chance of nulling flail and being able to walk around laughing at all the corpses while you safely escape out afterwards.

if all your PLDs have it, its still effective for NIN in some fights...it helps alot when you're terrorized, dont have utsu up, and maybe even during Hundred Fists.

We've actually been very lucky on DL, out of 4 or 5 kills, we got 2 rings 3 mantles, and a 100 piece every time.