BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AV on fairy.... again     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seems like it, yeah. We killed wynavs, wiped, killed wynavs again. He was still casting shit, and nuked down the other two tanks. I held him until wynavs were summoned again, then the blms pulled them off me and nuked them down and voila, locked.

Tanking him while he's casting is a fucking nightmare, btw <_<

New Merits
    BG Level

lol at needing to use cutscene bug

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't really want to use it, but meh.

Funny thing is it seemed like he popped docile <.>

Did it lock while at 100% or was it partially damaged?

And stacking TH ftw! We put TH3, TH3, TH4, and TH4 in the ally before the kill... Were worried about getting something shitty like 0-2 drops similiar to some of the last AV kills we read about, and after so much trouble to lock it really wanted make the kill worth it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

tank pt pulled and i think mach engaged.. though i dunno if he damaged it... we only had 1 pt , no alliance when we pulled it...

after we saw it was locked... we brought in DD's

EDIT:

sorry some extra information that i missed --

second time we tried killing wynavs... they died but AV was still casting spells while the tank party was engaged on him, he did aeroga4 and such....

he then recalled his wynavs and we told the blms to nuke them asap... thats when during his tornado II cast, he suddenly stopped because the blms had just taken out that third set of wynavs

D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level

People shit on the Mar's like it's not the best ring in the game. This ring makes raja look like a joke.

I understand the sash is really good, but, the ring isn't exactly chopped liver.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    People shit on the Mar's like it's not the best ring in the game. This ring makes raja look like a joke.

I understand the sash is really good, but, the ring isn't exactly chopped liver.
    Mars + Rajas is about as good as it gets in FFXI right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

I'd probly pair it with a sniper but hey, I'm weird like that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

I'd probly pair it with a sniper but hey, I'm weird like that.
    Real Meriting > Sniper's Ring

IMO Mars' Ring is probably the best drop off of him as far as equipment for melee DDs go.

Assuming you have a lot of the good gear already, Ninurta's Sash for the most part just offers 6 attack over a Speed Belt (the next best alternative). On the other hand, Mars' Ring offers +8 attack and +1 acc over a Sniper+1 (the next best alternative).

The difference is small either way assuming you have the next best piece, but Mars' is slightly better... It mostly depends on what you have already though, like if you don't have a Speed Belt then Ninurta's wins for sure. Sad part is though I'm not too sure if it's harder to get 2x HQ Snipers as an alternative or a Speed Belt as an alternative.. Both are rare, overpriced, and hard to obtain.

But yeah, just wish it didn't look like a Flame Ring.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mars's is fantastic, I definately agree, but the sash is still regarded as the 'real trophy'

As far as damaging him goes... I doubt I did any damage to him with my 0 staff skill and earth staff... sure, I hit him a few times during the fight, but yeah. We can pretty much rule out the HP% theory now, since on both our kills, we locked him at 100%.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Did it lock while at 100% or was it partially damaged?

And stacking TH ftw! We put TH3, TH3, TH4, and TH4 in the ally before the kill... Were worried about getting something shitty like 0-2 drops similiar to some of the last AV kills we read about, and after so much trouble to lock it really wanted make the kill worth it.
    We put in only 1 TH4 and got 6 out of the 7 drops. :3

But it isn't fair compairing to the TH4 we had though. He's more like TH10.

DE

Yeah...I was one of the tanks that AV nuked down right before we managed to lock him...at anyrate the only thing we are certain of is that only the wynavs are related to locking him, with nothing to do with HP%. If I honestly had to guess what the condition for locking was I'd say continuous red claim on AV while the wynavs are killed without going yellow. Or it could just be taking out wynav sets. As mach and safer said before, the moment we killed the wynavs he stopped casting Tornado II and was locked from that point.

are we sure it isn't just lotto kills on the wynavs to lock it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm willing to bet it's just a random trigger that can lotto to one of the wynavs with each pop set. Alot of other sea lottery's seem to work similarly... Ix'Drk has a lotto on a message to pop him with each set of Aern that spawn. Temperance, Ix'Drg are both similar as well. The most confusing thing at the moment, is whether or not there are two seperate triggers (one that stops his magic and one that doesn't) or there's a random that takes place when you kill the trigger wyvern.

The keeping him red theory would make sense as to why many LS's felt that it was necessary to damage him in order to shut down 2 hours (since as you damage him, you are keeping him red..) but atm i'm leaning away from this having anything to do with it.

Still two things that I want to clear off as possibilities:

1) Just to clarify, I know you didn't damage AV when you locked him.. But was it damaged a good deal in some way before then (whether or not it regened back to 100% after)? One theory that has never really been disproved is just dealing a certain amount of damage to AV himself.

2) During all that time it's possible it could've cycled through all 15 of the 2hs, especially since he always had hate on someone... Any idea of this was true?

It was a little odd in particular that with our AV, he locked the attempt after he used the last of the 15 2hs on a THF (Mijin Gakure) while training AV to buy time for recovery. After we cleared the wyverns he had after that 2h, he locked up right away.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Someone posted that they locked him and the only 2 hour he used was perfect dodge.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maybe the LS's that have locked them (and future LS's that do it) can try and take note of the order of 2 hours used. And possibly the final 2 hour he uses. Maybe if it's a mages 2 hour he can still use spells after locking or something.

I don't think that's really possible?

That would imply that they killed JoL, AV popped, and they locked him within 1-2 minutes right after him popping.

EDIT: In response to Tyche's post.*

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Actually.... on our second AV he used, iirc, only hundred fists and blood weapon before we locked it into lame magic + tp mode; pretty much took like 5 mins to lock because we dragged him near updraft with level 1 jobs and then nuked one set of wynavs and it was locked . Ended up letting it depop again after like 2 hours of trying to brute force it.