BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AV on fairy.... again     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I remember one LS claimed they locked him on the first set of wyverns, no idea how long they waited to nuke the wyverns though. On our run he cycled all of the two hours multiple times, but this was before killing the wyverns was really thought to be connected, so we were still focusing on alot of other possible strategies.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Must be AV and Wynavs reds by the same ally? I mean, what if BLM ally take care about Wynavs and a tank pt, outside that ally, hold AV keeping him claimed?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's basically what we did <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cautery
    Must be AV and Wynavs reds by the same ally? I mean, what if BLM ally take care about Wynavs and a tank pt, outside that ally, hold AV keeping him claimed?
    That is what we did. After five sets of wyrv we locked 2hs but not TP/magic.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just a last question: how many BLMs did u used to kill every set of wynavs? Used a time -ga that instant killed them or had to cast other things? And AV was only held, not damaged in any way till he get locked right?

Thanks guys and grats on the kill!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i believe they had like 11 blackmages? the tank pt that wasnt in any alliance claimed AV before any nukes landed and wynavs were killed.... im pretty sure the volly of nukes killed the wynavs

however since he didnt lock up, AV was pulled to the palace enterance and resummoned wynavs.. at this point blm's were still at the bottom of the ramp and we told them all to come up and nuke.. so they werent killed all at the same time when we did finally lock him

the first kill we had about a month or so ago, same thing happened in that 2/3 wynavs were killed, and the last remaining one was finished off a few seconds after in which AV was then locked

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Grats to Eden on their 2nd AV kill.

Their accounts are accurate, it was probably the most effortless lock I've seen or read about. Only took them 2 attempts, and only 1 wipe on the first try.

Also, their lock seemed to discount the 95% theory, as a few other write-ups seemed to indicate. Some shells locked before 95%, other shells damaged below 95% and still failed to lock.

I'm leaning towards the theory of having AV claimed red, killing off initial Wynavs, but from what I saw the key to locking it was killing the 2nd set of Wynavs that popped while the tank PT still had AV claimed from the first volley of nukes.

As soon as the 2nd set popped, a RDM in the BLM alliance diaga'd or got hate somehow and the BLM alliance nuked them down in 1 volley of ~gas. As soon as the Wynavs were killed, a few LS members commented that Tornado II cast on the tank PT stopped, at which point AV just went into melee mode. After about 30s, it was pretty clear AV was locked.

Quote Originally Posted by chiz
    I'm leaning towards the theory of having AV claimed red, killing off initial Wynavs, but from what I saw the key to locking it was killing the 2nd set of Wynavs that popped while the tank PT still had AV claimed from the first volley of nukes.
    It can't be that simple because I've seen that done and av has failed to lock.