i saw it too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    No its not possible you're just stupid as hell to say you can go 0/100 tier 1.
    If it's not possible, then how come it's been done by several people on several servers? I say you're just stupid as hell to say it's impossible in the face of confirmation that it's actually happened.

Then again, you've always been on my case for some reason or another. I can't seem to figure out why.
    I said this before you even posted so it aint about you. I just find it amazing that people say they went 0/100 TIER 1. I understand going 0/80 on SNIPER RINGS but i mean in between that you had to hq some other shit that was tier 1. If you go 0/24 prism capes then you make rainbow cloth and you hq 1 rainbow cloth you are no longer 0/whatever tier 1. Thats all i'm saying Im not talking about 1 synth i just mean how can you go 0/100 tier 1 overall.

If this does happen to people i'm sorry maybe SE is giving me all your HQs lol.
    I was 0/80 sniper rings and the only other synths I made during that period were ogre gloves like 24-30 NQ with no hq. So yes, its very possible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just did 159 Rainbow Cloth synths (I had a few rainbow threads left over from desynths)
    1/17
    2/21
    3/23
    4/35
    5/49
    6/53
    7/54
    8/57
    9/64
    10/72
    11/73
    12/77
    13/142
    14/150
    15/154
    16/157
    Final: 16/159, with 4 breaks included in that total

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    When I ask if they did it all in one day same synth with no other hqs in between they dont answer.
    Sorry I don't camp the board when I'm at home.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura
    After going 0/113 on the 'best possible day and moon phase' synthing tier 11s a while ago, I too have come to the conclusion that days are bullshit. Crafting is down to the random number generator and luck.
    its not possible to go 0/113 on tier 1
    I went 0/90+ on 2 seperate T1's at different times, and one of those was prism capes.
    You sat down one day and synthed 90 rainbow capes and no rainbow cloth or any other tier 1 synths and went 0/90?
    Yes, and 0/68 another day. No HQ's at all, and I don't buy rainbow cloth so that added another 2 synths per prism cape try, didn't HQ any of them either (on the 0/90 day), on the 0/68 day I did HQ like 2 cloths.
    What I'm saying is if you go 0/68 prism cape but you hq two rainbow cloth you are 2/70 tier 1. I'm not saying rainbow cloth is a great hq but it is tier 1 and people dont count it as a tier 1 hq and then they jump on a message board and say i went 0/100 tier 1.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just posted my experience with T1 where I did nothing but personal synths. Snipers and Ogre gloves. I KNOW what you are saying but what you are saying has been proven. In all the T1 synths I did during that stretch ALL of them, I nonhq'd.

Quote Originally Posted by DoliantheBard
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Most people only ever get to deterministic mathematics, and they are even bad at that, its one reason why US is loosing its technology edge.
    I'm not taking sides on this discussion, just pointing out something funny.
    Ya >.<, typed this before going on duty, so was in a rush and didnt proof read.

The big question arises that, with a finite number of synths, and growing number of high lvl crafters: Does anyone think SE is smart enough to forsee the death of crafting, as more and more finished products are produced while player base fails to increase.

Obviously, a short fix is to continue to add new synths into the system, but at some point a player has to start asking themselves which peices of gear they need most, instead of carrying 40 body peices around to perfectly optimize their performance, since SE doesnt want to add "better gear" and make other gear worthless, they add gear that helps in other ways. This is again restricted to the decreasing player base and increasing crafting community.

SE either needs to add a ton more storage space, or just add so many good synths to the system that the multitude of crafters on the servers can all make a living.

As for now, im sad to say crafting is at its last leg, at least for most legitiamte crafters. It can still make a buck, but unless everyone starts throwing away all of their gear, or SE introduces a shit ton of new synths, it will fail to have any advantage over other means of gil making.

When I ask if they did it all in one day same synth with no other hqs in between they dont answer.
    Sorry I don't camp the board when I'm at home.

After going 0/113 on the 'best possible day and moon phase' synthing tier 11s a while ago, I too have come to the conclusion that days are bullshit. Crafting is down to the random number generator and luck.
    its not possible to go 0/113 on tier 1
    I went 0/90+ on 2 seperate T1's at different times, and one of those was prism capes.
    You sat down one day and synthed 90 rainbow capes and no rainbow cloth or any other tier 1 synths and went 0/90?
    Yes, and 0/68 another day. No HQ's at all, and I don't buy rainbow cloth so that added another 2 synths per prism cape try, didn't HQ any of them either (on the 0/90 day), on the 0/68 day I did HQ like 2 cloths.
    What I'm saying is if you go 0/68 prism cape but you hq two rainbow cloth you are 2/70 tier 1. I'm not saying rainbow cloth is a great hq but it is tier 1 and people dont count it as a tier 1 hq and then they
    jump on a message board and say i went 0/100 tier 1.
    And we are countering with 2 points:

1. Direct evidence of specific tier 1 synths going 0/whatever.

2. That in a collection of random variables, isolating subsets of a specific synth still accurately reflect results for that system due to the nature of random independent variables.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Just did 159 Rainbow Cloth synths (I had a few rainbow threads left over from desynths)
    1/17
    2/21
    3/23
    4/35
    5/49
    6/53
    7/54
    8/57
    9/64
    10/72
    11/73
    12/77
    13/142
    14/150
    15/154
    16/157
    Okay, I synthed all of my cloth into capes
    1/8
    2/9
    3/19
    4/21
    5/46
    6/57
    7/60
    8/70
    Final was 8/80, with three breaks

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What I'm saying is if you go 0/68 prism cape but you hq two rainbow cloth you are 2/70 tier 1. I'm not saying rainbow cloth is a great hq but it is tier 1 and people dont count it as a tier 1 hq and then they jump on a message board and say i went 0/100 tier 1.
    I also stated that I went 0/90 plus all the rainbow cloths and subcombines to do 90 synths and NQ'd every one. It was a momentous occasion. That's a minimum of 0/270 for those scoring at home.

But yes I agree that it's easier to take my 2/204 (not sure where you pull 2/70 out of) and say "look you HQ'd it's not the same."

2/474 over 2 sessions of all tier 1's, or .42%

Fantastic!

1/17
    2/21
    3/23
    4/35
    5/49
    6/53
    7/54
    8/57
    9/64
    10/72
    11/73
    12/77
    13/142
    14/150
    15/154
    16/157
    Okay, I synthed all of my cloth into capes
    1/8
    2/9
    3/19
    4/21
    5/46
    6/57
    7/60
    8/70
    Final was 8/80, with three breaks
    Looks like a pretty decent run.

80 synths = 160 rainbow cloth = 13ish stacks of cloth.

On pheonix thats 600k(per stack) X 13 = 7.8 mil gil investment

Capes sell for about 1mil, so thats 8 mil you made. Minus the 7.8 mil investment.

So thats 200k profit for the hour or so that you crafted (when some decen luck i might add).

Now you could do all your own subcraft combinations, and spam the AH for spidar webs or farm them and increase your profit margin, but that adds time to your gil/hour equation.

Not to mention if you DONT have a lucky 10% hq run like that time, you stand to loose money for the time spent.

Now obviously this is very server dependent, and i assume thread is cheaper on your server, and capes havent bottomed out like on phoenix, but all and all i think i show my point that even with luck, your not making shit with current ah flooding.

Kupo is on his way to making capes crash on midgard. Tee hee, sup Kupo. It's sad looking at the profit margins now, I agree with you, Neosutra.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Kupo is on his way to making capes crash on midgard. Tee hee, sup Kupo. It's sad looking at the profit margins now, I agree with you, Neosutra.
    Lol, nah! Still 200-300k profit on capes, not including desynth

Breakeven works for me !

Also want to piss off fake Inde!

EDIT: The threads I made the cloth then capes, I got it from previous prism cape synths, where I just kept the threads, but yeah, the Cloth was worth 7,800,000 but capes sell for 1.4-1.5, so in the end, 3.2 million profit after I sell them all, not to mention the 16 stacks of rainbow thread the NQs gave me o_o

EDIT2: I won't flood the AH, I only keep 1-2 on AH at a time, usually one though! Most of the ones on AH are from Inde probably!

Lol, nah! Still 200-300k profit on capes, not including desynth

Breakeven works for me !

Also want to piss off fake Inde!

EDIT: The threads I made the cloth then capes, I got it from previous prism cape synths, where I just kept the threads, but yeah, the Cloth was worth 7,800,000 but capes sell for 1.4-1.5, so in the end, 3.2 million profit after I sell them all, not to mention the 16 stacks of rainbow thread the NQs gave me o_o
    Ya, desynths are the really only life saver of the prism cape market. Seems your server's cape market is getting pretty low as well, but still mediocre profit.

I use to rake in gil on prisms when they were 5-8mil.

Used to make prisms, mahatma slopes, blue cape+1s, and an assortment of other gear, but on phoenix prisms are generally loss now, blu capes dont sell because of intensifying cape, mahatma slopes are obselete, mahatma houp. is obselete with the new assault set, and just about every other synth yeilds pure loss or minimal profit even on a good run.

At the moment i make all my gil on farming and camping NMs. I really wish SE would do something to fix this. So much time and money invested in a craft to see it hit the shitter like this.

Mahatma slops are better than Jet Seraweels for blm, imo. Mahatma Hpl. is still good for rdm (and stoneskin, but are you really going to pay 20m+ for 3 hp on stoneskin?), can't beat the +11 MND, but yea full Yigit is better for resting now unless you also have Duelist Chapeau.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

The Hpl. wouldn't even give 3hp on stoneskin, as for RDM its already going to be capped most likely. Same for WHM. BRD and BLM will probably benefit; although my BLM has capped stoneskin without it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5