Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.89% T1 synthing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

3.89% T1 synthing

Cold hard proof:

I've kept track of all cost and # of synths, day of synth, moon phase, etc. I don't go out of my way for a specific moon phase or day, just keep track of what happens on which day... (yes, there's absolutely no "better" day or moon phase according to my data... they all suck in equil amounts)

Since ToA was inserted into FFXI i've been getting 3.98% HQ rate on T1 synthing (minus useless HQ on rainbow thread/cloth). I've synthed 616 errant slops, rainbow capes, arhat's hakamas, and other random T-11 synths since ToA, and gotten 24 HQ.

please tell me how to fix this lol!

OR tell me if you're seeing the same results. I was doing MUCH better prior to patch, and this current trend is infuriating.

obviously if you face northsoutherly on thunderwindsday you'll see a tenfold increase.

Either SE did in fact install an HQ cap per player, or you are having terrible luck. I've been seeing the normal 1/12 HQ ratio for the most part; however, I did go 0/113 a week or so ago and this came the day after a 9/42 run. I'm starting to believe what Tekki said about an HQ cap; I see terrible results for two days or so after a really good day of crafting. But, one must remember that a t1 is around a 10% chance, the odds are normally against you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You should just do what that idiot Verity v.2 does.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So you get less than average results when you subtract some of the HQ's from your results? K...

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Are you synthing in ToA towns with ToA support? it feels like -10 or -50 to my craft skill when im in ToA.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i really dont like ToA support. It gets the job done but for some reason it always seems to rip me off in the long run.

i made genie in toa.. also many hellfire+1, miser+1 ect. i <3 it. Quit reading into everything so much. its /RANDOM

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    i made genie in toa.. also many hellfire+1, miser+1 ect. i <3 it. Quit reading into everything so much. its /RANDOM
    There is nothing to read into. I feel less hq's and more breaks in toa, as opposed to other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    There is nothing to read into. I feel less hq's and more breaks in toa, as opposed to other areas.
    From what you guys are saying, it's like you think TOA support isn't as good as City support ect. So your reading into that!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

73 cooking making selbina butter

10 NQ, 1 HQ1 1 HQ2
    50% HQ rate on tier 3 my ass

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Current failures:

100+6 Alchemy mule
    0/32 Cursed Fng Gauntlets (0%)
    2/25 Cursed Cuisses (8%)
    1/16 Cursed Greaves (6%)

HQ'ing anima seems to run about 10-15% instead of tier2 30%.

I've done a thousand elemental staves on woodworking mule, always running an average 20%.

On leatherworking mule: 0/19 Ogre Gloves tier1.

I never take off guild equip, switch moghancements, nor get wrong imaging support but I'm chronically, obsessively triple-checking all these things.

T1 is item dependant.

It's both 5% and 10% HQ average. When you average those together you see the 7-8% the general crafting community sees.

My results:

10% for haubergeons +1
    5% for hauberks +1, hoovering around 4-5%
    10% for Brig +1
    5% for triumph earrings, actually more about 4%.
    10% for phantom earrings +1

Of course it's not hard proof, as there's always never enough data, but each sample given is with a minimum of 200 upwards to 1000+ synths each category. Clearly the 5% HQ items, just aren't as profitable if at all, so it's not like those specifically can be cranked out at a loss by the truck load.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I saw some "data" on ToAU support being +2 compared to +3 advanced in old areas.

I'm going through phases of cursing the new areas and praising them. Its like it has a random effect on my hq rate applied during a variety of times.

I could see a HQ cap being placed in the game but I doubt its per player. When i hear of 3 genie weskits being made on my server this week it seems unlikely, though.

(Please don't think i'm entirely serious by this) has anyone noticed better than average HQ rates when the wind weather is in effect in Al Zabhi (the astral candescences "astral wind" aiding players hq?).

ToAU support is +3.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The people who say day doesn't matter are complete idiots.

Day does matter.

10% for tier 1 is not standard. I consider it to be the rate that it is possible to achieve in the ideal conditions.

I'm having real difficulty expressing this... but basically, on the wrong day, you won't HQ at all. I went 1/120 on some tier 1 cooking synths the other day, because I told myself "fuck it" and synthed on the day strong to the crystal. Bad idea.

If you single out, say, lightsday & darksday synths, from all this data you recorded, you will find for those specific days you have more like the suggested HQ rate. If you allow your averages to be weighed down by statistics for days when only a fool would craft, then of course you will get a less than ideal result. And this is why people time synths for the appropriate day and moon phase. So they aren't wasting their money.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Synth for other people, your T1 rate will skyrocket. My record for other people since I started synthing for other people again (2 months ago)? I can't HQ anything for myself if my life depended on it.

2/3 Nomad Mantles +1
    1/1 Cav Mantle +1
    1/2 Dusk Trousers +1
    0/2 Sniper's

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

that couldnt be more true. Day does matter, its a fact. Ive made a fortune off a craft thats basically been raped by leathercrafters on my server so I need ever edge I can get. I flat out refuse to craft on certain days and i love to HQ on others.

Sooooo, if day does matter shouldn't someone be rolling around with 500 T1 synths under their belt sporting 20-50% HQ rate? Nah don't think so.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Synth for other people, your T1 rate will skyrocket. My record for other people since I started synthing for other people again (2 months ago)? I can't HQ anything for myself if my life depended on it.

2/3 Nomad Mantles +1
    1/1 Cav Mantle +1
    1/2 Dusk Trousers +1
    0/2 Sniper's
    Meh the only major HQ synth ive done for anpther person was my dusk gloves +1.

Ive actually broke 2 Dusk pants, both real good freind's hides so I felt pretty shitty about that. Ive only crafted 2-3 more for other people, all NQ.

Nomads, I used to craft for this taru who camped the mats. I was always a solid 1/12. It was pretty weak imo. I really didnt care when i sythd those, he was just profiting off my craft and I eventually put an end to it when he was making the NQ prices dive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast