Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dvucca Isle SP is actually a lot of fun for a WHM. With a good backline you can contribute a little more. Banish III hitting for 1200 is nice if you have the mp spare.

Not sure whether Banish helps with removing penalties on undead here too? I rarely ever see the damage party members inflict so it's hard to say. Also Qutrub seem pretty weak to most damage, just a hell of a lot of HP.

[Edit] Guessing it does then

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    A Good BLM can make himself useful in any of the ToAU Zones where the mob tends to have high Def or Hp.
    I own the trolls on Mount Zam as my BLM if you bring people who still remember how to skillchain i can totally inhailate(sp) them and their Diamondhide. I can make myself useful in Thickets if there aren't a hundred parties and the party doesn't simply pull Puks with the occasional VT mob >.>.

Trees in Mire are nice and squishy and a Frag/Ligh skillchain followed by tornado2 is a sure quick death.

I'd like to try Qutrubs as a BLM however never had a chance to go there.

~runs off to force ls to go exp there >_>~

and its always fun seeing how long you can tank as a BLM if someone misses their WS lol

inhailate
    annihilate <3

I kinda like going to bhaflau as blm, it's fun to just buff and go nuts and play as a DD. Only been to caedarva (imps) as blm once, and haven't ever partied at the qutrub spot.

Ashira

Qutrubs are a blast because of the numbers you see. So what, they have 3x the HP or so... seeing the 1700-2000 WSs are so alluring. Not only that, they do give a little more EXP than Puks and Imps and such.. so while you may not hit chain #285, your per hr isn't going to be a HUGE loss. And if it is.. well, isn't it better to be getting only what, 8k an hour vs the 3k or less you'd have sticking around in the Mire trying to fight for claims?

I've actually gone with a 2 BRD, RDM, WAR/NIN, BLU/THF, PLD/NIN (well geared, has been a DD PLD tank since Vorpal Blade and being able to equip Kraken~ one of the NINs on our server with Kikoku and put a lot of time and energy into his NIN, so had a lot of the equipment he'd need for a DD style PLD) there and we did really well.. up until we wandered a bit too far out and got 2 adds.... that wasn't so pretty. BRD to the rescue! Throw up Hymnus, Mazurka, and run them all to zone.. too bad the WAR felt like he had to rescue me.

But it was nice to be able to pull the Jnuns and Imps and such in between without having to collect two or three at a time just to keep chains.

The only thing I hate about Qutrubs is it can be harder to time pulls, because they don't sleep; once you use the couple Jnuns and the Imps which can be tricky pulls, you're stuck waiting until the mob's about 5% before getting another.

The thing with Mire... once in a while it's empty, but if you noticed it's empty, you can guarantee that at least three other people did too. You get a pt and get out there, and four other parties are showing up too. And then no one just leaves, everyone decides they have to stay and try and drive everyone else away, and it just ends up being a waste of everyone's time.

Mamook can be fun, spiders and the true sight Mamool Ja, but if you see 2 PTs in there, that's about it. Mt Zhayolm is usually pretty packed on Odin as well. Thickets at Mamool Ja Staging Point is off and on: sometimes packed, sometimes completely empty.

You know, I just got a the BRD Cape drop in Dynamis, maybe NEXT time I should go BRD/NIN and melee. So many other BRDs run around in their harnesses, so why shouldn't I?

If you don't have a merit party that can seriously dominate Caedarva, there's no point in going there. On the other hand, if you do, it doesn't matter how many other parties are there.

Went out there last night with a couple friends and when we started there were 6 parties out there and went up to 15 on our first chain. By the time we left we'd pushed out 5 of the other parties.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    If you don't have a merit party that can seriously dominate Caedarva, there's no point in going there. On the other hand, if you do, it doesn't matter how many other parties are there.

Went out there last night with a couple friends and when we started there were 6 parties out there and went up to 15 on our first chain. By the time we left we'd pushed out 5 of the other parties.
    Yeah, been a part of those types of PTs too, but in general I don't like showing up to an area that's already crowded and infringing on other people. I'd rather go somewhere else.

Now, if other people come and do that to us, I have no problem pushing them out. /shrug

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd rather 1 shot a Imp for 2500 damage then hit a Qutrub for 3000 and get mauled 3 seconds later

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

But I am 70% Confident that these are just like skeletons and take a peircing penalty.
    It was mentioned in passing but it bears repeating. Banish will remove the piercing penalty from Skeletons briefly...did anyone try on the Qs? Your damage should show an immideate boost if they're really piercing resistant.

Go back out there with Aurik for some dual Relic SS action and test it out. :D

Theres a spot in mire all the way to the north you can only access by going through Arrapago Reef with large ram type mobs named Messhorns. I've heard people say that they pted there and exp was good, and yet another person said theyre awful to exp on because they have a curse/max HP down type move. Anyone actually tried these mobs before?

New one on me. Is that on Sharug or Hediva Isles? I've no idea even how to get there, I presume one has to traverse Alzadaal?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

its just north of imps >_> wow people really don't explore the new zones lol

toau xp spots

ive read about these spots, but only tried thickets and mire myself. Definitely want to try some new places soon. Id love to see camps for pre-merit sanction xp as well, as I have my PUP on the way up. I use this old Zam campsites post quite a bit (actually really useful), but would like to see something similar put together for toau. maybe a new sticky here for toau camps would be a good idea. Anyone seen anything like that campsites thread with nice ordered special notes lvl ranges and map POS, but updated for ToAU?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

my exp Bible, some more fancy merit camps are still missing but this is a great read.

Its all the way north of the last imp camp K-6. Where that ledgs is you cant get up is where mosshorns are. To get there you exit from Ilrusi Atol and head all the way east and exit out there. Theres a lot of rams, trees, and 2 or 3 imps i think. You could probably sit up there /ra any imps that pop in the gully below and really piss off whatever pt is down there.

Edit: i mispelled the mobs name, its Mosshorn.

I more or less point blank refuse to go to Azouph Isle, tbh, so I haven't really explored that section of the mire. I'll have to go look at that place, remote camps are generally the better ones in terms of overcrowding (o wait, am I on topic? )

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    I more or less point blank refuse to go to Azouph Isle, tbh.
    agreed i am not a Silena spam whore thank you very much >_<

I just really hate Amnesia. Someone at S-E needs a good solid cockpunch for those things. I know, let's make a Demon mob that spams a TP move that fucks over Samurai, the (supposed) demon killer job. Yeah, that's a fucking awesome idea, gg guys.

Mmmm then again looking at the mobs tp move list on ffxiatlas I dont think I'd want to touch those things in a pt. Aoe Max HP down, Aoe eva down, frontal petrification+damage... yeah screw that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's really no different than exping in Lufaise meadow before ToAU when it got really crowded and you had to resort to killing the Rams. Great exp if you have an on-the-ball WHM and some back up erase/curagas and a decent tank. many deaths if you have whm who just levelled in 2 months with just NIN tanks.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

agreed i am not a Silena spam whore thank you very much >_<
    Anyone who merits without Echos nowadays needs to kill themselves.